Orlando Sentinel Editorial

OSUKNIGHT

Goes to show that most of CCL's nightmare is happening off their ships. I'm sure most cruisers expectations are to have a BRILLIANT time once on board, and brings them back time and time again.

The goofs with recovery seems to be nipping at their heels. Unfortunately, everything Carnival needs to do right now is to simply make it appear that their ships sail above water.

Unfortunately, their current culture does not let that take hold and grow. Their management team appears weak and immature, and does not exude the appearance they can get themselves off from continual crawling.

Great Post!!

Our new industry is no longer reporting the news they are creating it. They talk to one person who is negative about an incident and 30 who is positive about the same incident. The interview with the negative person is the one that they will air. News people are almost as bad as politicians.

Great Post!!

Our new industry is no longer reporting the news they are creating it. They talk to one person who is negative about an incident and 30 who is positive about the same incident. The interview with the negative person is the one that they will air. News people are almost as bad as politicians.

Unless they are reporting about politicians. Maybe that tide is finally turning.

Goes to show that most of CCL's nightmare is happening off their ships. I'm sure most cruisers expectations are to have a BRILLIANT time once on board, and brings them back time and time again.

The goofs with recovery seems to be nipping at their heels. Unfortunately, everything Carnival needs to do right now is to simply make it appear that their ships sail above water.

Unfortunately, their current culture does not let that take hold and grow. Their management team appears weak and immature, and does not exude the appearance they can get themselves off from continual crawling.

Some good points. Every time I step on a Carnival ship, we meet the great employees who do nothing except their very best to make your/my crusie the best that it can be. On each of the very negative bad things that have occurred in recent past, what comes out loud and clear...employees on the ship during the event, doing everything in their power to make it right. It's a tad sad that does not appear to be happening in Miami.

Some good points. Every time I step on a Carnival ship, we meet the great employees who do nothing except their very best to make your/my crusie the best that it can be. On each of the very negative bad things that have occurred in recent past, what comes out loud and clear...employees on the ship during the event, doing everything in their power to make it right. It's a tad sad that does not appear to be happening in Miami.

Yup. Those employees always shine. On every channel.

Don Henley was so right when he sang people love dirty laundry. Modern media are always 1 foot into sensationalism and 1 foot true journalism! No where in the media was stated that Carnival returned the passengers alive after a disaster at sea! I suppose our appetite for the dirty bits is so consuming that the media fears selling a legitimate news story without creating the drama and urgency! This was the first responsible editorial that I have read in a long while!

A few hiccups will happen in life and on cruises. Make the best of it (what ever "it" is at the moment). Media has been known to stir the pot.

I have always given my cruises a 10 of 10, but then again, I did not live through the worst of recent Carnival messes either.

Archived