Couldn't Book

jnc411

You can start and stop in a U S port as long as you stop in a foreign port. Example: FFL to LA via the Panama canal. Also the RT´s out of Seattle which stop in Victoria, BC.

Sent from my KFTT using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

It's a little more complicated than that.

If you start and stop in the same US port, you must stop in a near foreign port (Canada or Mexico). In order to start and stop in different US ports, you must stop at a distant foreign port - anything in North America doesn't count. But the FLL to LA stop in a port in South America, so that works.

Can I confirm that you're trying to book the September 21st, 2013 and the September 28th, 2013 sailings?

HI Cruise Junky: Yes that is what we were trying to book, but we have decided not to pursue it any further. However , we might book, the "off the Beaten Path" 12 night land and cruise tour combo, Anchorage - land tour- cruise from Anchorage to Vancouver, get off the Coral , 3 days in Vancouver, then get on the Sapphire on the 28th and do the coastal wine cruise back to LA . Anyway that is what we are thinking might work.

Any thoughts on that ???

Cori

HI Cruise Junky: Yes that is what we were trying to book, but we have decided not to pursue it any further. However , we might book, the "off the Beaten Path" 12 night land and cruise tour combo, Anchorage - land tour- cruise from Anchorage to Vancouver, get off the Coral , 3 days in Vancouver, then get on the Sapphire on the 28th and do the coastal wine cruise back to LA . Anyway that is what we are thinking might work.

Any thoughts on that ???

Cori

That sounds like a great Plan B :)

That sounds like a great Plan B :)

Thanks, boy you are fast with the answer you must be online right now !!!!

I plan on going to the Canada boards to find a good , and reasonable priced hotel, so if you see my question on the boards please let me know what you think. I saw one that had a link on there that was I think not downtown but near a special bridge , in a more quiet area , I don't remember the name right now. But then we figured we could possibly take public transport into downtown and to Stanly Park , or may be the Hop On Hop off bus. I see by you signature that you are from Vancouver and we have not been there. so appreciate any input. Thanks

Cori

I found the name of the hotel. The North Vancouver Hotel, do you know anything about that ? Thanks again.

Thanks, boy you are fast with the answer you must be online right now !!!!

I plan on going to the Canada boards to find a good , and reasonable priced hotel, so if you see my question on the boards please let me know what you think. I saw one that had a link on there that was I think not downtown but near a special bridge , in a more quiet area , I don't remember the name right now. But then we figured we could possibly take public transport into downtown and to Stanly Park , or may be the Hop On Hop off bus. I see by you signature that you are from Vancouver and we have not been there. so appreciate any input. Thanks

Cori

I found the name of the hotel. The North Vancouver Hotel, do you know anything about that ? Thanks again.

If its by the Lions Gate Bridge or the Iron Workers Bridge, I'd skip it. You really want to be downtown. Check out the St Regis on Dunsmuir. It should be pretty budget friendly. Also Priceline is pretty good for Vancouver hotels.

If its by the Lions Gate Bridge or the Iron Workers Bridge, I'd skip it. You really want to be downtown. Check out the St Regis on Dunsmuir. It should be pretty budget friendly. Also Priceline is pretty good for Vancouver hotels.

Thanks , I check it out. I think the other one is near the Capilano Suspension bridge, is that the Iron Workers Bridge ? . I will checkout the St, Regis out online.

Cori

Thanks , I check it out. I think the other one is near the Capilano Suspension bridge, is that the Iron Workers Bridge ? . I will checkout the St, Regis out online.

Cori

Oh, by the Suspension Bridge is really out of the way. Keep to downtown

Thanks Cruise Junky: Will heed your advice. I will probably be booking the cruises tomorrow , then I can get all my ducks in a row. You have been a great help , thanks.

Cori

Well we did this trip last year 7 day return vancouver then stayed on board and sailed to la.It seemed like half the cruisers did this.So yah you can do it. ;)

Thanks , that is what I have heard from other CC people, but Princess just would not get it through for us. But it is ok . We decided to do plan B, Anchorage- Land tour- Coral Princess to Vancouver, three nights in Vancouver , then on to the Sapphire for the cruise home to LA. We are looking forward to the Land tour , and the extra days in Vancouver (we have never been there). So it is all working out ok for us. Just a bit different than the original plan.

But thanks for the information. Appreciate it.

Cori

Thanks , that is what I have heard from other CC people, but Princess just would not get it through for us. But it is ok . We decided to do plan B, Anchorage- Land tour- Coral Princess to Vancouver, three nights in Vancouver , then on to the Sapphire for the cruise home to LA. We are looking forward to the Land tour , and the extra days in Vancouver (we have never been there). So it is all working out ok for us. Just a bit different than the original plan.

But thanks for the information. Appreciate it.

Cori

Vancouver is a lovely city and I'm sure you'll enjoy it (we've been there 3 times and I wouldn't mind visiting again). Enjoy both your cruises!

Archived