Dancing on the Eclipse

LF2C

:confused:

My wife and I are keen dancers (the proper stuff) and I've been trying to find out whether

• there's any ballroom/latin dancing
  • where on the ship is it
  • what venues have dancing (any type)

I seem to be getting somewhat conflicting reports and wouldn't mind hearing from someone who has some information. Cruise ships aren't renown for the space made available for dancing, but someone told me that Celebrity seem to utilse an area around the main foyer rather than the sky lounge which seems a bit odd as I assume that in the main foyer there'll be lots of people milling around rather than dancing and the sky lounge has a dance floor.

Anyway, any information would be appreciated :)

On Eclipse, the area in the foyer is usually used for ballroom dancing. Once or twice a cruise there may be some scheduled into the Sky Lounge, but the usual venue is the space in the foyer. The same was true on Reflection. If you are looking for ballroom dancing space, try the M-class ships, which have the Rendezvous lounge dance floor -- larger and more suited to ballroom dance, with a live band each evening.

On our Solstice cruise the (proper) dancing was mainly in the foyer but the floor space is quite small so you will struggle to do a quick step or slow Foxtrot particularly as people will be descending down the main staircase or crossing the floor to access the bar.

In the sky lounge you'll be able to Rumba, Jive and Cha Cha Cha, before the venue gets busy and the music becomes more disco for the benefit of everybody.

I agree the M class ships have a better floor in the Rendezvous lounges. I was actually walking across the dance floor on Constellation yesterday and the floor should be able to accommodate half a dozen couples comfortably.

On our Solstice cruise the (proper) dancing was mainly in the foyer but the floor space is quite small so you will struggle to do a quick step or slow Foxtrot particularly as people will be descending down the main staircase or crossing the floor to access the bar.

We just got off the Solstice last week and I noticed one thing that was different from Eclipse, and I think Equinox, regarding the 3rd floor foyer dance floor. There is a second dance floor near the Passport Bar, a second round marble area where you can dance without being in the way of people coming down the Grand Staircase. It's still not as nice as the Rendevous Lounge on Millennium Class ships, but it helps a little....

Archived