Conch Fritters?

e71465

I think the Village Bar, next to Margaritaville before you get to Jack's, sells them (if my memory is any good from last April) I could almost swear I saw a sign that they sold them, either them or it was another bar along the way.

I have also read on CC that there is a place inside Cockburn Town-I believe you can get a taxi outside the gates to take you.

Hope you can find them.

Happy Sailing!!

Gosh I don't remember the name of the place but we had some wonderful conch strips (better than fritters imo ! ) just down the beach from the pier. We had just finished a dive and they let us off the boat right down from the pier and we smelled something good so we stopped. Had conch strips and a cold cold beer :D

Had great cracked conch at the Local village Bar right at the pier in December, they have a nice menu and I really enjoyed their spot on the beach., You can see their place on the left of the pier when the boat comes to dock.

We had Conch Fritters at the Local Village Bar. They were really good. In fact everything we had was good. We got a 2nd order of the fritters because we liked them so much

Here are some pictures of the food we had along with the menu

DSC05747.jpg

Conch Fritters

DSC05748.jpg

Jerk Chicken with Rice

DSC05749.jpg

Turk's Head beer

DSC05750.jpg

THANK YOU, for the pictures! OMG, I can't wait to try them, they look delicious!

So where is the Local Village Bar? Can we walk there and is it on the beach?

:D

The bar is not far at all. It's right down the beach and only a few minute walk from the pier. I posted this picture in my review (link below) from the Ruby Princess this past November.

GrandTurk.png

• 1 month later...
LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the Crack Conch at Local Village. I prefer it to the fritters because you actually taste the conch and not all the breading and dough. Some of the best I've ever had!

I agree. The cracked conk was delicious!!! Taste more conch, less batter.

That MIGHT be where we ate..... it wasnt far down the beach from the dock. But like I said we had conch STRIPS....... we like them better than fritters since most places put too much breading on a small piece of conch........

But like I said we had conch STRIPS....... we like them better than fritters since most places put too much breading on a small piece of conch........

Conch Strips? I've never heard of that. :confused: My favorite Caribbean dish is Cracked Conch. That's what they call it when they cut the conch into strips, dip it in a light batter, and fry it... yummy! :D

Conch Strips? I've never heard of that. :confused: My favorite Caribbean dish is Cracked Conch. That's what they call it when they cut the conch into strips, dip it in a light batter, and fry it... yummy! :D

Same thing. Different places call it strips or cracked. Still yummy no matter what you call em' ;)

• 2 months later...
That MIGHT be where we ate..... it wasnt far down the beach from the dock. But like I said we had conch STRIPS....... we like them better than fritters since most places put too much breading on a small piece of conch........

Might be what they call the Conch bites. I think that's what we had and they were good. Ordered a 2nd one cuz my DH ate most of mine!

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you, everyone! We are looking forward to trying conch fritters. It's something I don't want to miss out on!

I second another recommendation - DO try the cracked conch! Pounded lacey, kind of like a cube steak, batter dipped and deep fried! I haven't had them in GT yet, but have had them in the Fla Keys and The Bahamas, where they bill them as 'conch burgers', served on a bun with a nice reddish sauce, lettuce, tomatoes and onions! Only one word to describe this delicacy: YUMMY!

Are they fishy tasting? I love seafood...lobster, shrimp, crab legs, etc. But I don't like fresh water fish at all...

Conch is from saltwater, not fresh water. The texture is closest to clams. In fritters there are usually just small pieces, like the size/texture of clams in chowder. Cracked can be strips, and I've even had it where it looked like a breaded chicken breast. It's never been fishy tasting to me at all.

Archived