Trundle or Cot

Please help me to understand the comfort level of the Trundle Bed that is sometimes added to a two person room to accommodate three people.

One agent described it as a cot and another described it as a full trundle bed with springs and a full size matress.

The room will have two grand parents and a grand child, and I am wondering the comfort level of this type of bed as apposed to a fold out sofa or an upper bunk.

Thanks.

There are two different things.

A trundle is a pallet. It stays low to the ground. During the day it can be stored under the bed. It is good for those under 4' 6". Luggage can still be stored under the bed.

A rollaway is what you would have at home. Folded up during the day.

Ship is Carnival Inspiration.

Curently two Grand Parents booked in room, they said that to add the 3rd person they add a full size trundle.

"Child" is 17 year old, so a full size trundle to me sound just as good as an upper or a sofa bed, but just concerned about comfort if it is more of a roll away cot.

Agent at Carnival said that it fits completely under bed and then pops up to full height when made-up.

I googled for pictures and I could see that they have a few different options that include what looks like a toddler bed, and a full size trundle that pops up in between the two twin beds in some cabin configurations to make a huge triple bed. That doesn't seem the best option for this group.

Cabins is a 4b.

We had a cot brought into our room on the Destiny. I slept on it a few nights. If you like to sleep like you are semi-wrapped in a hot dog bun, you'll love it:D

Honestly, it wasn't horrible (I've slept in worse cots) but it certainly wasn't a sleep number bed either.

I found out if they upgrade and pay more, they can get an ocean view with 1 upper and two lowers.

Would you think the cot or trundle would be any worse or better than the upper birth?

It looks like with the exception of cabin M45 the inside cabins will hold 2 with twins/king, or 3 with the trundle, or 4 with two uppers and two lowers.

Make sure you have a regular rollaway, as the cot/trundle will be too small for a regular sized teen. ETA- I'm under 5feet tall and the trundle was too short for me.

Friends (women of a certain age) have traveled three in a cabin on the Inspiration and while they found the rollaway comfortable it was very difficult to walk around when it was open. They had the beds apart- one under the window and the other along the wall. The rollaway could only be placed in the middle.

Best for the teen to be in an upper bunk (barring any physical limitations.) I find them very comfortable.

By your description sounds like all the Inside triples are booked for your sailing.

On older ships the bunk comes out of the wall (not out of the ceiling like on newer ships). I dont see which ship, but it sounds like a older ships.

this is a triple OV on Elation with a upper. It will hold up to 250 lbs. In this set up its at the foot of the bed.. but the beds could be moved around.

Picture062-2.jpg

It just goes back up to the wall during the day.

Picture064.jpg

The ship is the Inspiration and as far as I can tell they only have one triple inside that has an upper bunk M45, all the other inside cabins are quads with two uppers, or the doubles to which they add the roll-away or trundle. As long as the roll-aways or trundles are comfortable I think they can make do.

The ship is the Inspiration and as far as I can tell they only have one triple inside that has an upper bunk M45, all the other inside cabins are quads with two uppers, or the doubles to which they add the roll-away or trundle. As long as the roll-aways or trundles are comfortable I think they can make do.

Inspiration is sister to Elation. I would rather have the upper than a rollaway or a trundle myself, but Im a adult.

I would not be comforatable on a trundle for sure, its way down on the ground. I dont want to sleep down there. Im too old to get up and down from there comfortably. Id prefer to not have the rollaway, but Id take one or the upper.

Would they let you book in the quad? Id pick that if they would let you. Just leave one bunk up.

Unfortunately Carnival has a no triples in quads rule, so the only options would be an ocean view with a single upper or this trundle option. Another family in the group does have 4, so they will get two uppers and two lowers.

Hopefully it will all work out OK. It is just a 4 day cruise, so for 4 days just about anything is tolerable.

Archived