Taxis from Port Canaveral

goneclear

I will be sailing on The Freedom of the Seas in August and will like to know if Taxis are easily accesable at the port or is it necessary to pre arrange transpor ?We will like to travel to a hotel in the Orlando area. Thanks..

I would not take a taxi to Orlando from Port Canaveral. It is about a 45 min to an hour ride and that would cost a lot. I have used Cocoa Beach Shuttle going to the airport from Port Canaveral. I do not know if they provide transportation to hotels in Orlando but I would think so. You can also rent a car, which if you are staying in Orlando for multiple days is probably the better option.

If you want to stay in the Orlando area, you can stay right at the airport. There is a hotel there, or if you choose to go to another hotel in Orlando, you should have no trouble getting a taxi.

When you want to go to the port though, taxi's are very expensive as you are probably going about 50 miles one way. I agree with using Travelynx as we have used them many times. They will pick you up at the airport or hotel and take you to the ship, as well as returning from the airport.

If you decide to stay the night before the cruise in the Pt Canaveral/Cocoa Beach area, Travelynx will also take you from the airport to the hotel and then back from the ship to the airport. They are reasonably priced and provide good service.

Another option is to rent a car. There are many car rental companies in the Orlando area and most do not charge a drop fee for leaving the car in Pt Canaveral.

Good luck and enjoy Freedom. She's one of our fav's.

I will be sailing on The Freedom of the Seas in August and will like to know if Taxis are easily accesable at the port or is it necessary to pre arrange transpor ?We will like to travel to a hotel in the Orlando area. Thanks..

The total driving distance from MCO to Cocoa Beach, FL is 52 miles or 84 kilometers. As others have suggested, I would arrange for a shuttle Robert.

A taxi will be very expensive. There are free shuttles to rental car places in Cocoa Beach. You could rent a cheap car if you have some time before your flight.

Archived