Future cruise credit

Jaylie

You needed to buy them when you were on your cruise....they are $100 per person, and can be used as your deposit for a cruise and depending on the cabin, and length of cruise, you get an on board credit when you use them

What is a future cruise credit? We have been on one Princess cruise. Do we qualify for a discount or OBC?

While onboard a cruise, you put money down on a future cruise. That money can then be used for the deposit on your next cruise and in addition, you receive some OBC depending on room type and length of voyage.

i might add that you can buy the fcc for the next cruise you want to take right on the ship with the fcc rep or you can buy the fcc and princess gives you four years to use it on a cruise if you're not certain of your next cruise. it does save you from having to put down deposits of $400 to $600.

cheers

I never get off a Pincess ship without at least enough FCCs for the cruises I MIGHT book before my next cruise. If you don't use them, the FCC is refundable, so I err on the side of having too many rather than risk coming up short

I always buy a FCC when on a cruise. I just booked a cruise for December and used the FCC as the deposit.

However, the princess rep told me that the FCC's are now only good for 2 years instead of 4.

I always buy a FCC when on a cruise. I just booked a cruise for December and used the FCC as the deposit.

However, the princess rep told me that the FCC's are now only good for 2 years instead of 4.

yes good for 2 years but can be extended to 4 years

It is one of the few things that is a 'no brainer'. Never get off a cruise without having purchased at least 1 FCC per person. A reference number will be allocated to your FCC purchase.

It gives you the opportunity to book a future cruise at a reduced deposit, gives you onboard credit dependent upon the type of cabin / length of your next cruise, and is refundable if you don't get chance to use it.

Pete

Thank you for choosing Princess Cruises.

This letter confirms that we have received payment for deposit in the amount of 100.00 USD towards a

future cruise with Princess.

When you have decided on your next cruise, please contact your travel agent to arrange your booking. Your

travel agent will assist you with final payment schedule, and any questions, additions or changes you might

have regarding your cruise. You may also contact Princess directly by calling 1-800-PRINCESS. Upon

making your full deposit towards your booking, the appropriate shipboard credit will be applied.

Future Cruise Length Per Person Shipboard Credit

17 + Days $125 Inside, $125 Outside, $150 Balcony, $150 Suite

11 - 16 Days $75 Inside, $75 Outside, $100 Balcony, $100 Suite

7 - 10 Days $25 Inside, $25 Outside, $50 Balcony, $50 Suite

3 - 6 Days $15 Inside, $15 Outside, $25 Balcony, $25 Suite

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A copy of the FCC confirmation is delivered to your stateroom.

Edited by Stevesan

• 1 month later...
I'm a little confused too. We tend to go on a cruise every other year. But sometimes it might be 3 years. We have most always purchased a FCC. Will this still work for us?

Just call Princess (1-800-PRINCESS in the US & Canada) before the FCC expires and ask for it to be extended for another two years.

I'm a little confused too. We tend to go on a cruise every other year. But sometimes it might be 3 years. We have most always purchased a FCC. Will this still work for us?

Yes, it will be fine as long as you ask for it to be extended before it expires. They will extend it if you are booking within the 2 year period, but sailing after the 2 year time.

To answer the second part of the OP's question: since you've been on a Princess cruise before, you do qualify for a past passenger discount if the sailing you're interested in is offering one. Be sure to let your Travel Agent know you've cruised with Princess before. Or if booking directly with Princess, log onto My Princess on the Princess website, and give them your past passenger information. Not all cruises have a past passenger discount, but those that do can save you some money.

Thank you for choosing Princess Cruises.

This letter confirms that we have received payment for deposit in the amount of 100.00 USD towards a

future cruise with Princess.

When you have decided on your next cruise, please contact your travel agent to arrange your booking. Your

travel agent will assist you with final payment schedule, and any questions, additions or changes you might

have regarding your cruise. You may also contact Princess directly by calling 1-800-PRINCESS. Upon

making your full deposit towards your booking, the appropriate shipboard credit will be applied.

Future Cruise Length Per Person Shipboard Credit

17 + Days $125 Inside, $125 Outside, $150 Balcony, $150 Suite

11 - 16 Days $75 Inside, $75 Outside, $100 Balcony, $100 Suite

7 - 10 Days $25 Inside, $25 Outside, $50 Balcony, $50 Suite

3 - 6 Days $15 Inside, $15 Outside, $25 Balcony, $25 Suite

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A copy of the FCC confirmation is delivered to your stateroom.

Stevesan:

From your information I get for a 15 day cruise $100 OBC for a balcony and my Dec, 20th cruise on the Grand Princess web site also shows $100 OBC plus I'm prior military which is $250. That would mean that I should have $450.00 I now have $475 so perhaps I am getting an extra $25 from my T/A. My Booking Conformation from Princess through my T/A just shows the total OBC so I guess they don't show the breakdown.

Can I use more that one FCC for a cruise? If so than for a 15 day cruise If I use 2 FCC I would have an additional $200 OBC.

Tom:)

Stevesan:

From your information I get for a 15 day cruise $100 OBC for a balcony and my Dec, 20th cruise on the Grand Princess web site also shows $100 OBC plus I'm prior military which is $250. That would mean that I should have $450.00 I now have $475 so perhaps I am getting an extra $25 from my T/A. My Booking Conformation from Princess through my T/A just shows the total OBC so I guess they don't show the breakdown.

Can I use more that one FCC for a cruise? If so than for a 15 day cruise If I use 2 FCC I would have an additional $200 OBC.

Each person can only get one FCC OBC on a cruise. You can use more than one FCC, but beyond the first one, they are just $100 payments for the cruise.

Stevesan:

Tom its only 1 FCC per cruise per person

The best thing is when they refund your money its automatic if you didn't book a cruise. The check was sent out just when I was thinking about having to call princess to ask about the refund.

Can I buy two additional credits for my daughter and her husband for a future cruise while I am on my next cruise they forgot to buy them on their last cruise.

NO its only for people on the cruise that can buy them, gives them an excuse to do another cruise to buy some FCC