Yet another one about tipping.....

code_d

Ok- Probably been mentioned a few times, but could not find much. We are the type that tip extra on top of auto tipping. I was wondering if there are some good options out there currently that might be appreciated more than cash, like a small gift, phone cards, gift card, or the like. Would like to do something a little different for those that really make an impression on us.

The only thing I could imagine people would want besides cash would be phone cards since they could use them to call their homes in whatever country they may be....but really anyone in the service industry is interested in one thing....cash.

Cash. They want nothing more than your cash. As much out of your wallet and into theirs.

I'm sitting here trying to remember what thread.... Someone posted something so hilarious- it was like "I like to go up to the Lido kitchen to bake cookies for my room steward and buy him chocolate in port..." I'm sitting here laughing my head off but I don't even remember what I'm laughing at.

Still laughing.

I'm sitting here trying to remember what thread.... Someone posted something so hilarious- it was like "I like to go up to the Lido kitchen to bake cookies for my room steward and buy him chocolate in port..." I'm sitting here laughing my head off but I don't even remember what I'm laughing at.

Still laughing.

LOL. Or the one that thought it would be a great idea to turn their bills into Oragami. Yeah, they'll remember you!

Why do some think tipping is about the giver?

Ok- Probably been mentioned a few times, but could not find much. We are the type that tip extra on top of auto tipping. I was wondering if there are some good options out there currently that might be appreciated more than cash, like a small gift, phone cards, gift card, or the like. Would like to do something a little different for those that really make an impression on us.

"Probably been mentioned a few times"??? No offense, but you must not have looked too hard. This topic comes up regularly.

Cash, cash, and cash. This will make an impression, ... and be appreciated.

What they don't want: Hershey's kisses, t shirts from your hometown, Beanie Babies, souvenirs from port, magnets or anything from your hometown, phone cards- these are not universal and they all Skype and FaceTime anyway.....

Cash and, almost as good as cash, a good comment card- although I think that's mostly on line??

"Probably been mentioned a few times"??? No offense, but you must not have looked too hard. This topic comes up regularly.

Cash, cash, and cash. This will make an impression, ... and be appreciated.

I never tell anyone to use the search function. Every time I do I come up with stuff from 2008 or threads that have 100 posts- so what's the real answer?- and I've been here a long time.

All questions welcome IMHO. :)

I was in Jacksonville for work last Monday, and my hotel was near the River City Marketplace. I walked to the Wal-Mart located there for some toiletries I needed and upon entering, I noticed a large number of people walking around wearing Carnival lanyards with an ID. Then it dawned on me that the Fascination was in town that day and many ship employees had taken the day to do a "Wal-Mart run". When I walked outside, they were lined up, waiting for their ride back to the ship, with carts filled with everything from pork rinds to flat screen TV's!

So based on this experience, I think that the ship employees would most appreciate cash (or a Wal-Mart gift card!) :D

Cash, and not $2 bills that some people think are cute and quirky to give, but are generally useless to the crew.

Curious: what's wrong with $2 bills? They are worth 2 dollars just like 2 single bills are.

The only thing I could imagine people would want besides cash would be phone cards since they could use them to call their homes in whatever country they may be....but really anyone in the service industry is interested in one thing....cash.

Most crew members today will have a cell phone or a computer. Your phone card is useless to them. They can get better deals with aphone card in the ports they are visiting. Give them the money it will cost you to buy the calling card and let them buy it themselves

Curious: what's wrong with $2 bills? They are worth 2 dollars just like 2 single bills are.

Most places think they are counterfeit, so they are hard to unload.

That's why they enjoy the subculture of being stripper money. Guess where that $2 has been? :eek:

Most places think they are counterfeit, so they are hard to unload.

That's why they enjoy the subculture of being stripper money. Guess where that $2 has been? :eek:

LOL, hey money is money to me !

Nothing is appreciated more than cash. You want to make an impression? Give lots of cash...large bills.

When your payday rolls around, what do like to get?

Most crew members today will have a cell phone or a computer. Your phone card is useless to them. They can get better deals with aphone card in the ports they are visiting. Give them the money it will cost you to buy the calling card and let them buy it themselves

Yeah I mean I've never used a phone card so I don't know, I was just trying to think of anything to give them instead of money for the OPs sake, but yeah, as I finished my post with, all they really want is cash.

I never tell anyone to use the search function. Every time I do I come up with stuff from 2008 or threads that have 100 posts- so what's the real answer?- and I've been here a long time.

Would it matter, with this question, whether the thread is from 2008 or whatever year?

The answer would still be the same. People have always preferred cash, and always will.

I agree that all questions are welcome. Wasn't trying to knock the OP.

The search function is weird. I searched the word Fascination, titles only, in the Carnival Board and came up with zero results. But then when I changed it to the all option (not titles) It will bring up every post mentioning Fascination, which could be just where someone has the carnival fascination tagged as one of their cruises.

The search function is weird. I searched the word Fascination, titles only, in the Carnival Board and came up with zero results. But then when I changed it to the all option (not titles) It will bring up every post mentioning Fascination, which could be just where someone has the carnival fascination tagged as one of their cruises.

Full search functionality hasn't worked on this board for months

Just Try the simple search of pulling all threads that you started.

Making cookies on the lido? Wow....on our last cruise we tipped cash money but we also got him a bottle of liquor that he mentioned was his favorite when we asked him was good to do in port one day....I think he liked that more then the cash.....nah he probably liked the cash more lol

Still laughing.

Just spit water all over the screen....very funny.

Archived