Early Saver Basic Question

Davey-D-99

Just booked our 2nd cruise...This time on Breeze in Feb. with Early Saver (which I didn't have 1st cruise

My question is...Am I entitled to every price drop from now till cruise in Feb?

Can I just keep applying the discount every single time I find the price lower?

You can get a price drop for any rate you qualify for until 2 business days before sail date.

Doesn't matter how many.

If you have a TA, he/she has to fill out the form for you. If you booked through Carnival, you fill out the form. (Or call your PVP.)

You can't price match anything that doesn't allow you to pick your own cabin. Make sure to do a screen capture of any lower rate, just in case it gets denied. If you are looking using a mock booking instead of the fareviewer make sure you click all the way through until it lets you pick a room for the screen capture. If your category becomes sold out and the category above yours is cheaper then what you have paid, you can also get a price drop.

You can't price match anything that doesn't allow you to pick your own cabin. Make sure to do a screen capture of any lower rate, just in case it gets denied. If you are looking using a mock booking instead of the fareviewer make sure you click all the way through until it lets you pick a room for the screen capture. If your category becomes sold out and the category above yours is cheaper then what you have paid, you can also get a price drop.

Thanks for the tips... I will be keeping my eyes on the Carnival site for the next few months for sure!

I watch the rates pretty closely...received 11 separate price drops from late January to early May for our Dream cruise in July. It has since gone up slightly - we'll see if it drops again as we get closer to sailing.

I noticed a new sale today that covers my Breeze cruise in Feb.

I called and got the $50 credit that s part of the sale.

So...if the actual price drops next time I call and its more than $50 do I get the new price and loose the OB credit?

and just for future reference, if you ever book early saver with reduced deposit and you request a price drop you will be required to pay the full deposit or risk having your cruise canceled. so remember to always read the fine print.

Yes, if the new price doesn't include the obc you will lose it so just keep it in mind when you check prices

So we are booked PG but want to change to ES. There is a sale now with OBC that is the same rate as our current rate,altho not sure if it is a new booking only sale. If i do qualify and get the OBC, when looking for future price drops I would need to consider the rate minus the OBC as my rate that i price match to???

Yes, if the new price doesn't include the obc you will lose it so just keep it in mind when you check prices.

and just for future reference, if you ever book early saver with reduced deposit and you request a price drop you will be required to pay the full deposit or risk having your cruise canceled. so remember to always read the fine print.

Thanks for the help... When I booked last week there was no sale, so I had to pay full deposit.

Keeping my eyes open for more price drops...

Do I need to submit the form every time there is a price drop or do I submit the form once and it automatically covers any future pricde drops?? Ours just dropped by only $10 but hey - it's $10!

You need to submit a form each time you see a price drop.

OK..I'm a little confused. I booked Early Saver for Breeze - FEB. 1, 2014.

My in-laws are thinking of booking now to come with us. I just checked their potential ES rate and it's gone? I thought you only had to be 5 or 6 months in advance to get the ES rate. Carnival website is only showing the Early saver rates starting March, 2014.

Our cruise is still 8 months away?? Why is there no option for them to book Early Saver?

also...

The Fall and Winter sale rate that is showing for our week is $60 cheaper than the Early Saver I booked with. Am I entitled to that $60?

Archived