Booking onboard

peanutgirl

I'm confused. :confused:

I am sailing in a few weeks (June 2013) and I know we will sail again in June 2014.

So...should I book while onboard AND get the Early Saver?

Does that mean if the price of the cruise goes down I can submit a claim and get the price drop AND keep the OBC from booking onboard?

And if you book onboard, when you get home you can not submit a FCC for that same cruise. It was DENIED.

If you book onboard, thats the same thing. It is true, the terms are one FCC free OBC per cabin (booking).

You cant submit a 2nd one if you got one from booking onboard. Both are considered FCC OBCs.

stockholders are per cabin too .. one per cabin.

I'm confused. :confused:

I am sailing in a few weeks (June 2013) and I know we will sail again in June 2014.

So...should I book while onboard AND get the Early Saver?

Does that mean if the price of the cruise goes down I can submit a claim and get the price drop AND keep the OBC from booking onboard?

I just read the whole thread.

Those who have done this have stated that you should not book Early Saver (ES) on board IF you know you will take the cruise you've booked onboard. Doing so will incur penalties IF you need to make changes to the reservation.

Of course, if you do book ES, you will get the OBC and you can apply for the price drops. The OBC you receive from booking onboard is not some special sale that Carnival was advertising; so the OBC isn't associated with a fare code. (And if I messed up that last part, forgive me, and I'm sure I'll be corrected, but you'll keep your OBC).

thanks for posting. People were accusing me of making it up that I had read people's post who had actually done it.

btw not that it matters, but you could buy 5 year vouchers (I actually still have 2 of these), then 4 years I think .. and then lastly 2 years.. they didnt jump right from 5 to 2 years.. ). they seemed to want to make them harder and harder to use to me.

I hope you didn't think I was questioning you, as I was not. What I was questioning is whether 3 people saying they did change their cruise is enough to say it is official Carnival policy. As I have learned from reading out here, sometimes you get several different answers from different Carnival employees. I would gladly put down a deposit which typically costs me $1000 for four people on a 7 day cruise in exchange for the credit of $100 dollars OBC. Maybe Carnival could bring back the FCC with the caveat that you must put down a deposit to get the FCC. I too stocked up on FCC's and have one left. Here in CA they have no expiration date as per state law.

I hope you didn't think I was questioning you, as I was not. What I was questioning is whether 3 people saying they did change their cruise is enough to say it is official Carnival policy. As I have learned from reading out here, sometimes you get several different answers from different Carnival employees. I would gladly put down a deposit which typically costs me $1000 for four people on a 7 day cruise in exchange for the credit of $100 dollars OBC. Maybe Carnival could bring back the FCC with the caveat that you must put down a deposit to get the FCC. I too stocked up on FCC's and have one left. Here in CA they have no expiration date as per state law.

I asked a onboard rep on Magic why they got rid of the FCCs they sold onboard and he said for Carnival they were not a successful promo as the refund rate on them was almost 50% so there was a lot of time spent refunding them.

I guess if people didnt buy them .. just in case they MIGHT want to book in the next two years, they would not have such a high refund rate. I blame Carnival for narrowing the window to 2 years if they had to spend so much time refunding them later.

Archived