Booking onboard

peanutgirl

You don't have to pick a cruise date that day. You just get a certificate for future cruise credit.

The amount of OBC that you get depends on the days that you sail on the future cruise. I believe it has to be an 8 day cruise to get 100. We have a 6 day cruise and have $75.00 OBC.

You just have to have one booked by the end of 24 months. DOESN"T have to be IN 24 months, but be booked within a 24 month time frame

The FCC no longer exist that is why I am asking about this.

If they no longer have the FCC, how do you know you'd get OBC just from booking while onboard? Did you read this anywhere on Carnival's site? Just curious because I thought the OBC was strictly for the FCC. At any rate, I would surely want something in writing at the time of booking that states you are getting OBC on the booking. Maybe you'd be better off just booking early saver and watching for rate drops.

Can I book on board and get the 100 dollar obc then when I get home change the cruise and still keep my obc?? Thanks

I did book onboard and I was told yes I could change it and still keep the OBC. I did not change the cruise so I can't speak to that. Just keep in mind that if you book early saver you will get a penalty for changing.

Can I book on board and get the 100 dollar obc then when I get home change the cruise and still keep my obc?? Thanks

book a refundable rate. some book a shorter cruise they know when they get home they will change to whatever you want.

You get $50 OBC per cabin for 3 to 5 days

$75 obc for 6 days and

$100 for a 7 day

so if you book a shorter cruise as a placeholder you will get $50 OBC and then get $100 when you change it to 7 or longer days.

You are correct, you have to book onboard now to get this.

FCCs been gone since last sept.

I did book onboard and I was told yes I could change it and still keep the OBC.

I was told the exact opposite.

If you book onboard and then change the cruise or date, you lose the credit.

This actually makes sense. Otherwise, it would be the same as the defunct FCC.

If they no longer have the FCC, how do you know you'd get OBC just from booking while onboard? Did you read this anywhere on Carnival's site? Just curious because I thought the OBC was strictly for the FCC. At any rate, I would surely want something in writing at the time of booking that states you are getting OBC on the booking. Maybe you'd be better off just booking early saver and watching for rate drops.

It is in writing, just the buying the FCC and bringing it home part is gone, the rest is still in place.

You still also get 2 friends and family .. same as before.

It is in writing, just the buying the FCC and bringing it home part is gone, the rest is still in place.

You still also get 2 friends and family .. same as before.

Thanks!

We don't get to cruise as often as many of the people here so I wasn't sure they still offered any kind of advantage for booking onboard. I was able to buy an FCC last time and only told my husband about it after we got home. :D I knew we'd cruise again within 5 years. But having to book an actual cruise on board will be harder for us, especially since they're not showing itineraries that far in advance. Oh, well...it was nice while it lasted. Got my OBC and a significant price drop on my upcoming Baltic cruise. That makes me a happy cruiser.

My guess is if you are only changing rate class such as from past guest to early saver you would be okay. But if you are talking about changing sailing date or to a different cruise entirely I would think not. If I booked a Mexican Riviera for 2015 and then later wanted to do a western Carribbean in 2014 I highly doubt Carnival would transfer over the OBC. Otherwise everyone would be doing that to get around the now defunct FCC.

My guess is if you are only changing rate class such as from past guest to early saver you would be okay. But if you are talking about changing sailing date or to a different cruise entirely I would think not. If I booked a Mexican Riviera for 2015 and then later wanted to do a western Carribbean in 2014 I highly doubt Carnival would transfer over the OBC. Otherwise everyone would be doing that to get around the now defunct FCC.

There is a thread from just yesterday saying at least 3 people were able to book one cruise and slide it to another when they got home and made up their mind...they were able to keep the same booking # when they slide one cruise to another with their booking agent.

Since 3 people said they did it, and you said you are guessing ....

There is a thread from just yesterday saying at least 3 people were able to book one cruise and slide it to another when they got home and made up their mind...they were able to keep the same booking # when they slide one cruise to another with their booking agent.

Since 3 people said they did it, and you said you are guessing ....

No one is ever wrong out here! If three people said it, it must be the gospel truth. If this is the case then Carnival should not have even bothered getting rid of the FCC. I hope it is true. Will book some cruises two years out and then change to my needs at a later date.

No one is ever wrong out here! If three people said it, it must be the gospel truth. If this is the case then Carnival should not have even bothered getting rid of the FCC. I hope it is true. Will book some cruises two years out and then change to my needs at a later date.

Of course posters are wrong all the time. Post #2 on this thread is wrong. I see people posting incorrect info all the time.

I would usually though tend to believe someone who says for instance, I stayed in cabin 2217 and its one bed and one convertible sofa .. than the person who says .. I read that it is a upper and a lower and corrects the person who stayed in the actual cabin.

I believe actual experience more than someone who says they guess or they read ....

I personally bought 2 more FCCs to add to my pile at home last sept, so I wouldnt be booking onboard.. I keep a pile of FCCs at home until they expire and I have to cancel them or use them up.

Thanks!

We don't get to cruise as often as many of the people here so I wasn't sure they still offered any kind of advantage for booking onboard. I was able to buy an FCC last time and only told my husband about it after we got home. :D I knew we'd cruise again within 5 years. But having to book an actual cruise on board will be harder for us, especially since they're not showing itineraries that far in advance. Oh, well...it was nice while it lasted. Got my OBC and a significant price drop on my upcoming Baltic cruise. That makes me a happy cruiser.

Still trying to see if someone will state what the actual advantage is. By the time we leave I should know where we want to sail next. I could book it while onboard. Maybe I'll just wait until I get there. lol.

You get $50 OBC per cabin for 3 to 5 days

$75 obc for 6 days and

$100 for a 7 day

Still trying to see if someone will state what the actual advantage is. By the time we leave I should know where we want to sail next. I could book it while onboard. Maybe I'll just wait until I get there. lol.

Free OBC is the only advantage, terms are stated above. ... plus

$200 OBC for 12 days or longer .. I didnt put that since the OP stated something about $100 OBC .. but I will get $200 for my 15 day repo cruise thru Hawaii.

You get two friends and family vouchers to bring home so two more cabins can be booked and get the same OBC. They have to book the exact same cruise you booked onboard.

The only one with the right info is firefly333!!!

lol, I had already posted the only advantage... I guess a lot of people dont know me from adam and didnt believe the OBC I already posted as the benefit?? Very confused thread.

It is definitely a fact that you can book a cruise on board just to use as a placeholder and you can change to any cruise you want and retain the on board credit. If you book a 3 day on board and change to a 7 day then the OBC changes also to $100. This is in writing at the future cruise desk and we booked 4 cruises last month and don't have any intention of taking any of those.

The difference from the future cruise certificate is before you paid $100 for the certificate. You had 5 years, in the beginning, and then 2 years to book a cruise. You paid the regular deposit when you booked and your original $100 was deducted from the final payment. You then received the appropriate OBC based on the length of the cruise.

Now when you book the cruise on board you have to pay the whole deposit, or if it is a special you would pay the 50% deposit if applicable. It costs more this way since even the 50% deposits are more than $100.

The new booking will retain the booking number of the original booking even if it is completely different. We just used one of our cruises booked on board. It was a 3 day on the Sensation to the Bahamas and we changed it to a 7 day on the Glory to New England/Canada. Same booking number and the OBC changed from $50 to $100.

Just remember when you book on board and you know you're not going to take that cruise don't book Early Saver or any rate that has penalties for cancelling. Also remember that you must make the change before final payment is due on the cruise you will be cancelling or you will incur cancellation penalties.

When we booked the Glory cruise I booked it on line and was given a new booking number. I did this because cabins were going quickly and I wanted a specific location. I then had to call the Service Department at 800-327-5782 and they made the change for me.

Not quite as convenient as the future cruise certificate and it does cost more money but it's worth it, to us, for the OBC. The amount of the OBC is the same as previously posted - $50/$100/$200 based on the length of the cruise.

I'm so happy to see this info, since we were looking at taking our older son on a short cruise next summer and I was trying to figure out if there might still be an advantage to waiting until we are onboard.

Do they have ALL cruises available, or only certain ones? We just want to do a 5 day on the Triumph.

The difference from the future cruise certificate is before you paid $100 for the certificate. You had 5 years, in the beginning, and then 2 years to book a cruise.

thanks for posting. People were accusing me of making it up that I had read people's post who had actually done it.

btw not that it matters, but you could buy 5 year vouchers (I actually still have 2 of these), then 4 years I think .. and then lastly 2 years.. they didnt jump right from 5 to 2 years.. ). they seemed to want to make them harder and harder to use to me.

Thanks fire. I still have one of the 5 year ones left and have to use it by next March, I think. I know that they did have a decreasing time to book and was using those while saving the 5 year ones.

I'm so happy to see this info, since we were looking at taking our older son on a short cruise next summer and I was trying to figure out if there might still be an advantage to waiting until we are onboard.

Do they have ALL cruises available, or only certain ones? We just want to do a 5 day on the Triumph.

Its just like booking at home. You can book any rate available at the time that you could book at home.

You can also access carnival.com for free beforehand and see the prices and confirm them in your mind before you book to make sure you get what you wanted.

Archived