Best time for Duck tour and LumberJack show in Ketchikan

afoss

Check to see how many ships will be in port that day and take that into consideration as to how crowded town will be. You also need to consider what time you are getting into port and how long your port stay will be.

Is it cheaper or can you do the lumber jack show on your own? It's $35 through the ship, does anyone know how much it is on your own?:)

The cost is $35 plus tax in advance/website or in person at the show. So it is actually cheaper through the ship as you don't pay tax.

Definitely check the times available for both tours so you can plan your day.

The Lumberjack show has it's show times on it's website (here)

The Duck Tour has both their departure times & ticket availability of their website (here)

Enjoy!

thank you everyone! Good point about how many ships...looks like almost all times are still available for both events the day we'll be there. Forgot about the taxes too...will book online!

If your headed out of Vancouver there is a free lumberjack show at grouse mountain; along with a bird show, wildlife movie, and 2 rescued bears. I went yesterday and they even have the same skit as the one you will do in Alaska. Funny way to spend 30mins. If your feeling energized you can walk up the mountain doing the "grouse grind", it's the same as doing 250 flights of stairs :)

Make sure to check their showtimes in advance. When we were there for the first cruise of the season last year, there were no more shows running many hours before our port stop was over.

On that sailing I think we were in port until 5 but the last show was at 12 or 1.

Are they worth doing?

Depends what your interests are and whether or not something else interests you more. Some think the Lumberjack show is corny, others think it is great. Personally, I was not interested in the Lumberjack show so I did not go, but if I ever brought my grandchildren to AK, I probably would choose it. Although I haven't done the Ketchikan Duck Tour, I have done several others in other cities and they are a good way to see the highlights of an area and get some great insights into the area. I would think this would hold true for Ketchikan too.

Archived