Embarkation Day Lunch

DarceyJK

Since you are in the Haven, Cagney's of course!

If you want to deal with all us regular folks, then the MDR will be open and is a lovely way, IMHO to start off the cruise...none of the crowds you will find at the buffet.

If you want to deal with all us regular folks, then the MDR will be open and is a lovely way, IMHO to start off the cruise...none of the crowds you will find at the buffet.

Ohh, sweet!! Thanks so much for the tips! Do we pay extra for Cagney's?

Booked in the Haven and have no idea what is being offered!!

I find that interesting

My husband surprised me with this cruise for our 20th Anniversary. He is taking care of all the details. I'm just looking for a little input from helpful and kind people.

OMG - this is getting better and better with each post! It will be our 20th Anniversary on July 4th, a day at Sea! Can you order bottles of wine with lunch? :)

Yes. You can Oder a bottle of wine anytime of the day through your wait staff, bar staff, butler or courtyard valet.

MDR lunches on the Star were simply atrocious. It was hard to believe they were coming out of the same kitchens as the (reasonably good) dinners we were getting of an evening. I personally would eat in the Garden Cafe on Jewel before I'd ever grace a NCL MDR for lunch again!

Does anyone know where I could get a sample breakfast and lunch menu? I couldnt find it on NCL.com

I did a search, "Cagney's breakfast & lunch menus," and found this link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1815050

About the 10th posting down, jimd909 posted pictures of breakfast & lunch menus, March 25th 3:32 pm. Other posters have assured us that 'though Cagney's dinner menu has changed, breakfast & lunch have not.

The meals are delicious. Breakfast includes a side bar, with juices, rolls, fruit, smoked salmon, cereals, yogurt, etc. I usually get something there, and then order the crab cake Benedict.

We've spent way too long at lunch on embarkation day, having their scallop dish, with a bottle of wine.

Re being in the Haven (which we have not--most we have are Penthouse suites) and the Suite Perks, you should go on NCL's web site to look at the perks in store for you. You can also contact the pre-cruise concierge and order your coffee, tea & pillow selections, and anything else you want available to you in the cabin. They will take care of it for you. (We don't ask for much--just to have the 'fridge cleared out so we have wine room and to have skim milk on hand.) Ask your butler for anything you need within the cabin, and get to know your concierge for anything you need outside the cabin. You are in for a fabulous treat!

I did a search, "Cagney's breakfast & lunch menus," and found this link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1815050

About the 10th posting down, jimd909 posted pictures of breakfast & lunch menus, March 25th 3:32 pm. Other posters have assured us that 'though Cagney's dinner menu has changed, breakfast & lunch have not.

The meals are delicious. Breakfast includes a side bar, with juices, rolls, fruit, smoked salmon, cereals, yogurt, etc. I usually get something there, and then order the crab cake Benedict.

We've spent way too long at lunch on embarkation day, having their scallop dish, with a bottle of wine.

Re being in the Haven (which we have not--most we have are Penthouse suites) and the Suite Perks, you should go on NCL's web site to look at the perks in store for you. You can also contact the pre-cruise concierge and order your coffee, tea & pillow selections, and anything else you want available to you in the cabin. They will take care of it for you. (We don't ask for much--just to have the 'fridge cleared out so we have wine room and to have skim milk on hand.) Ask your butler for anything you need within the cabin, and get to know your concierge for anything you need outside the cabin. You are in for a fabulous treat!

Wow! Thanks so much for the tips!! I will work on some of that right now!! Much appreciated!!

MDR lunches on the Star were simply atrocious. It was hard to believe they were coming out of the same kitchens as the (reasonably good) dinners we were getting of an evening. I personally would eat in the Garden Cafe on Jewel before I'd ever grace a NCL MDR for lunch again!

I'll take the embarkation lunch in the MDR over the craziness that is the buffet

I cruised an 11 nighter in March and I waited waaay to long to try the Kosher chicken in Il Adagio (that's the Cagney's equivalent on the Sun) and it was just DELISH!

I also loved the salad with hearts of palm and the creamy dressing. I had that too many times to count.

My mom, who cruises with me just wants that chocolate brownie dessert. And she asked for avocado several times and it was never a problem.

You are in for a treat.

The best thing is the relaxing atmosphere.

My husband surprised me with this cruise for our 20th Anniversary. He is taking care of all the details. I'm just looking for a little input from helpful and kind people.

Also, since you are in a Haven Suite, a continental-type breakfast is set up in the Courtyard area every morning--coffee, hot water, juices, fruit, rolls, etc. (at least it was on our 2010 cruise to Alaska on the Pearl)

We would go out and get a mini-breakfast and take it back to our Haven Suite and eat that while we were getting ready and also since we needed some food to take our "early morning medications".

Then once all of us were ready, we would walk down to Cagney's for a real breakfast!:D

Also, since you are in a Haven Suite, a continental-type breakfast is set up in the Courtyard area every morning--coffee, hot water, juices, fruit, rolls, etc. (at least it was on our 2010 cruise to Alaska on the Pearl)

We would go out and get a mini-breakfast and take it back to our Haven Suite and eat that while we were getting ready and also since we needed some food to take our "early morning medications".

Then once all of us were ready, we would walk down to Cagney's for a real breakfast!:D

As I said earlier, you can now order breakfast and lunch off the Cagney's menu and have it served to you by the Courtyard Valet. This is a new position that was started a year or two ago and IMHO is now one of the best Haven perks. The Valet will also get you snacks and drinks while seated in the courtyard loungers and chairs throughout the day.

Wow - You guys are all so awesome! Thanks so much for the advice. Hey, anyone know what the booze situation is? Do you get free liquor in the cabin, or is it appropriate to order a bar setup?? Vacation = FUN!! :D

Archived