Who will be the first Captain of Quantum?

I read Bill Wright is no longer SVP of Marine, but will go back into regular captain service this year. He is a great ambassador for the company, I would hold on to him for as long as they can. Captain Bill Wright is extremely likable, and personable.

I read Bill Wright is no longer SVP of Marine, but will go back into regular captain service this year. He is a great ambassador for the company, I would hold on to him for as long as they can. Captain Bill Wright is extremely likable, and personable.

I agree with you 100% that he is a great ambassador and etc. We had him on our Oasis sailing in 2010. Very approachable nice guy who takes the job and safety very seriously. He explains things very well for the average person to understand. I would sail with him again any day.

I hope that's true. He's a great captain, would love to sail with him again. That was actually one of the primary things I was looking forward to with the Quantum of the Seas inaugural.

You can tell from the videos I have seen of Captain Wright that he takes safety EXTREMELY serious! That is the way a good captain or any captain for that matter should be.

ABSOLUTELY correct. I have sailed with some very nice and cool captains during my limited cruise experience and put Capt Wright as one of the very best. I read somewhere were he was described as the Captain of Captains.

ABSOLUTELY correct. I have sailed with some very nice and cool captains during my limited cruise experience and put Capt Wright as one of the very best. I read somewhere were he was described as the Captain of Captains.

That sounds right to me.

My vote is for Henrik Loy. Young, energetic, extremely personable, family man, fantastic Captain. Represents RCCL with extreme pride and professionalism.

Love Olav as well, but heard about the retiring. Sad to see him leave.

Would love to see Capt Loy on Quantum. He knows the NJ area very well and it would be wonderful to see him in command of Quantum as well :D

Just my thoughts!

He is a great captain, he exudes "Quantum" personality!

Would have also loved Captn Olav. (But he keeps talking of retiring!!!!:() These two are the "resident" captains of New Jersey home ported ships and i think they should be given the honor.

I though I read somewhere that Bill Wright would be taking Q out for her first few runs... Something along the lines of he gets them ready from Miami then sails them out then back to Miami for the next one... No idea where I read it though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I though I read somewhere that Bill Wright would be taking Q out for her first few runs... Something along the lines of he gets them ready from Miami then sails them out then back to Miami for the next one... No idea where I read it though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope you are right. Like many people here I would love to sail with him again.

Perhaps RCI should honor their senior captain with the title "Commodore", the way Cunard and some other lines do...

just curious,

how does everyone know the captain(s) and have conversations with them? I've only seen the captain maybe twice each cruise hosting some sort of farewell thing and then disappearing immediately after that.

just curious,

how does everyone know the captain(s) and have conversations with them? I've only seen the captain maybe twice each cruise hosting some sort of farewell thing and then disappearing immediately after that.

On the May 17th Grandeur of the Seas cruise I ran into Captain Espen Been every day. It seemed like he intentionally planned his scheduled to ensure he had a passenger interaction each day:

• Captain's Welcome Reception
  • C&A Welcome Back Event (All)
  • C&A Welcome Back Event (E,D,D+,P)
  • Captain's Corner
  • International Flag Parade (could not believe he actually carried his home flag in this! Really made him look like a great down to earth guy who cares about his crew)
  • Summer Breeze (he was up by guest relations with some other officers watching and chatting with guests for about an hour afterwards)

That's 6 events on a 7 night cruise, nothing on the first day, and then on the 8th day after we docked I actually ran into him in the hall by our room on deck 2. Not sure why he was down their. If you wanted to get to know him or the officers the opportunity was certainly there. That was the only cruise I've seen the officers so personable and available though. I like it better that way. I find things are nicer when everyone feels they are on the same level rather than divided.

Edited by DEIx15x8

• 2 weeks later...
Captain Zini was on the Allure and has taken over for Bill Wright so I believe he will be the Master.

Is this recently as I recall him having been off Allure for a while? I do think though that he may still be the first Master of Quantum assuming he took the same role that Captain Wright had.

Zini has been second behind Wright for awhile so if he did take over that role it would be him. Bill took the Freedom out first and then we sailed with Captain Zini when he took the Liberty out. The same happened with the Oasis class; Captain Wright took Oasis out and then Captain Zini took Allure out. Could be Captain Zini for Quantum and ? for Anthem. I could see it reversed though as well. Since the Anthem launches just 6 months after Quantum they might want Captain Zini to over see the delivery of Quantum and then stay to manage Allure. Captain Wright always had a year so there was plenty of time to be onboard one ship for 4 months, take a few off, and then switch focus to the next ship even though he wasn't to be captain of it. These 2 will be so close that the turn around may be difficult for him to oversee both properly if he is at sea for several months.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a hard time believing that Captain Wright could be fired. He was too far up the chain of command with a track record of success. It would take a pretty big mess up to get fired with his record.