If there was a Carnival Top 20 Ships...

Where in your Top 20 Carnival cruises would the Victory be and why?

I just added a quick trip with some friends on August 1st and dont know anything about this ship.

I loved all my cruises but the Destiny right before final dry dock was not that great for us.. still had a great time.. but it was just not as awesome.

I am hoping that is not the case with Victory but dont know.. What are your thoughts. ?

Where in your Top 20 Carnival cruises would the Victory be and why?

I just added a quick trip with some friends on August 1st and dont know anything about this ship.

I loved all my cruises but the Destiny right before final dry dock was not that great for us.. still had a great time.. but it was just not as awesome.

I am hoping that is not the case with Victory but dont know.. What are your thoughts. ?

We were on the Victory this past August. We enjoyed the ship, but really sailed her for the southern itinerary. Not sure about top twnety as I have not been on 20 ships (have 20+ sailings but many multiples). It's a little funny as she is an older version of the conquest class and does not have some of the nicer features: steakhouse, fridge in room etc.). That being said, we enjoyed the ship (except for the biting seahorses!). I would put her above the Destiny, which we sailed twice. One great point is where else can you find a ship that sails less than 7 days that has so many balconies.

I would put the Dream class and conquest class above Victory.

The main drawback to me is the buffet is the same size as on fantasy class ships. They realized their mistake and made two buffet areas for conquest class (and dream class).

the buffet with such a small space is very crowded.

the rest of the ship is fine... but its not conquest class. Conquest class is getting 2.0 with guys, it has a pay steak restaurant and other options.

I think you would be misleading yourself to think its as good as Conquest and Dream class.. but for the money, its much cheaper per day right?? thats its allure.

this class also does not have refrigerators in the cabins, like conquest class and dream class.

It might be a predessor to the conquest class, if you like .. without any of the bells and whistles like a steak house.

I have been on 8 carnival cruises (7 ships) and she is my favorite!. Victory was our very first cruise back in 2001 (out of NY to Canada) and got us hooked on cruising :)! I also loved the décor with the ocean/sea themes throughout the ship.

If I'm being honest it would be somewhere near the bottom for me just because I prefer the bigger newer ships. I sailed the Victory in 2011 after sailing the Dream in 2010 and the difference between the two ships was stark. The most annoying thing would have to be the size of the buffet. I still had a blast because I was doing my favorite itinerary, Southern Caribbean. 5 islands in 7 days doesn't give you much time to lament about how you wish there was a steakhouse, pasta bar, tandoor, or ocean plaza.

The color scheme is beautiful, lot's of blues and greens. One of Farcus's better designs. One piece of very important advice, be careful going up and down the staircases! Me and those seahorses had quite a few very unpleasant run ins lol

Archived