Dinner times versus departure times

Kroosin

I just realized my early seating dinners are at 6:00 PM. That would normally be fine but we are in port until 7:00 or later 6 out of 9 days on our cruise. Does Carnival adjust the dinner times when this happens? If not, how hard would it be to change our seating to anytime or late?

I just realized my early seating dinners are at 6:00 PM. That would normally be fine but we are in port until 7:00 or later 6 out of 9 days on our cruise. Does Carnival adjust the dinner times when this happens? If not, how hard would it be to change our seating to anytime or late?

No - they will stay the same. There are 2 assigned seating times and they can't adjust one without the other.

Have you considered Anytime Dining??

We always choose late dining on a cruise. There are plenty of snacks to tide you over. Our did thought it was so late, but she will see it works out in the long run.

We normally do 'late' seating, but have recently found 'anytime' to be a real nice option on other lines.. :) We are now going to try it on Carnival!:D

If it works as nicely as NCL and Princess, we will continue to do 'anytime' all the time! :p;)

If not, how hard would it be to change our seating to anytime or late?

Assuming they are still available, you can change them now with little to no hassle, just call. You can attempt to change your seating on the cruise, the maitre'd will accomodate you if s/he can. You cannot change them on the cruise for a single night (maybe if you got lucky and were a good tipper they'd let you, but even with a tip we couldn't get late diners into anytime dining for one night on our last cruise.)

If you choose set time dining and miss it, you always have the option of the Lido, room service, or booking the steakhouse.

We've missed dinner once (because we were in port at night, not during the day) and we chose room service that night.

Always in the past, we chose early seating for dinner. For the cruise we were just on, we chose Anytime dining. It worked out great for us. No more worrying about having to be ready for dinner at a specific time. And, as someone else mentioned, there's also the option of eating at the buffet. After all, it's a vacation, and vacations are supposed to be relaxing. It's so much more relaxing knowing you don't have to go eat dinner at a set time. I don't think we'll ever go back to choosing a set time for dinner.

Archived