Best way to organise a meet & greet

soc1965

It's probably as simple as pie, but I've never organised a roll call get together before - been to plenty (on much smaller ships at sailaway) but never instigated one, so I need some help from the more experienced of you.

There's a group of regulars posting on the June 9th QE trip to Norway & we would like to put a face to the name, so what's best to do?

Best day/time/place to meet (was thinking day 1 sea day?) do you have to ask to use the space (wouldn't think there would be more than a dozen or so people).

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Each Cunard ship has a traditional CC meeting place and time - such as the port side of the Commodore Club on QM2 at 2PM the first sea day. One just shows up at the appointed time and at the appointed place. No organization is necessary.

There are some Roll Calls where an organizer arranges for a dedicated room, invites senior officers to join, and may even change the time and date based on consensus of other roll call members. This might be what you mean by "organizing" a Meet and Greet.

Browsing the boards however, there a Roll Calls that are anything but a simple "meet and greet". These are run by "superorganizers" armed with spread sheets, alternative activity schedules and private excursion arrangements. (Personally I would not join such a roll call.)

Each Cunard ship has a traditional CC meeting place and time - such as the port side of the Commodore Club on QM2 at 2PM the first sea day. One just shows up at the appointed time and at the appointed place. No organization is necessary.

There are some Roll Calls where an organizer arranges for a dedicated room, invites senior officers to join, and may even change the time and date based on consensus of other roll call members. This might be what you mean by "organizing" a Meet and Greet.

Browsing the boards however, there a Roll Calls that are anything but a simple "meet and greet". These are run by "superorganizers" armed with spread sheets, alternative activity schedules and private excursion arrangements. (Personally I would not join such a roll call.)

Hello BlueRiband,

Thanks for your reply.

2pm in the Club on the 1st sea day for anyone who wants to turn up it is then! We just want to put faces to names & wish each other a good trip in person as everyone on our roll call has been very generous with answering questions etc.

I'll pop over to our thread now!

Thanks again & enjoy your special crossing -It looks as if it will be amazing!

It's probably as simple as pie, but I've never organised a roll call get together before - been to plenty (on much smaller ships at sailaway) but never instigated one, so I need some help from the more experienced of you.

There's a group of regulars posting on the June 9th QE trip to Norway & we would like to put a face to the name, so what's best to do?

Best day/time/place to meet (was thinking day 1 sea day?) do you have to ask to use the space (wouldn't think there would be more than a dozen or so people).

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Start posting on the roll call. At that time you should get interested people to attend. Do contact Cunard's purser to set the meeting up. We did stateroom tours as well. Not everyone will attend a stateroom tour, but they are fun.

Start posting on the roll call. At that time you should get interested people to attend. Do contact Cunard's purser to set the meeting up. We did stateroom tours as well. Not everyone will attend a stateroom tour, but they are fun.

Thanks Keith,

I posted on our roll call last week & quite a few have said they'll make 2pm on Monday (sea day) in the Commodore, so we'll see how many turn up.

It's great because there's a good mix of nationalities, so it will be lovely to put names to faces & generally chat for a while, plus it's nice to be able to recognise folks when out & about, makes for a friendly atmosphere.

I'll take your tip about letting the purser know we are meeting up, if only out of respect that we intend to use the space (& to ensure the room is actually open!)

Never heard of a stateroom tour, but here's hoping one of our group have one of those huge Q1s I keep hearing about!

Archived