Average Flight prices

sassy_mrsjay

Hard to say but I would think anything under $300 round trip is good. Sounds like Southwest? If so, I would book it. They don't charge baggage fees, and if the price drops, you can use the difference towards a future flight.

Last year, I drove to RDU to fly to Miami and got Roundtrip on Southwest for $150 per person non-stop!!!! I was so excited.

This year, since SW just opened up flights from Charlotte, I booked one-way flights in each direction (so I could change the reservations on SW easily if the prices changed or dropped - since they don't charge change fees. If you book round trip and need to change one-leg of the trip, the other leg might be sold out of the "wanna get away" rate and you're stuck with a more expensive flight and may not be worth it to change at all. Booking one-way's allows you to easily change each flight without worrying about what happens to the other flight) to MCO for my cruise out of Tampa b/c MCO was cheaper than TPA (even with renting a car).

I originally booked at $139 fro CLT-MCO but I check prices every day and last week it dropped to $69 so I went online and "rebooked" to the same flight and they "bank" the difference in airfare for use on a future flight (must be used within a year of when you first booked the flight). Our return flight from MCO to CLT was $139 (but I still check this price every day).

If the travel date (based on your signature) is 9/2, that's Labor Day, though I hope you are planning to travel the day before. In any case the fare is pretty low and I'd go for it before it disappears.

One question / thought exercise....how far can a $277 fare drop? I think $50 is pretty unlikely. So there's a small chance the fare could drop $50 and a big chance it will go up a lot more than that. Plug that into your personal "risk/value" equation and it may help you to sort things out.

Hi All

We are flying RDU to MCO and I was wondering about pricing. Right its looking about 277 per person roundtrip. Is this a good price??

I was thinking that looked high but time of year will make a difference. When are you traveling?

Archived