Laundry on Ruby of Princess

cmood

Hi,

Does anyone here know how much is per wash load/dry on Ruby? we will take 12 days cruising end of June. Have to use the self laundry. Check the ship already, they have a laudry room everyfloor, but wondering will it be very crowd? We will have 10 shore excursion day during this 12 days trip, the weather must be very hot, so definitely would like to know to arrange ahead. Any comment are very much appreciated.

By the way, anyone know the soda/wine package on this ship?

Thanks again

CMOOD:)

It costs $2.00 for each washer and $2.00 for each dryer...and hard to know if they will be crowded or not. Would depend on the day, time, etc

It's been awhile since I did laundry onboard. We'll be on the ROYAL soon! and I'm wondering if they now use card readers on the machines or if I need cash?

It's been awhile since I did laundry onboard. We'll be on the ROYAL soon! and I'm wondering if they now use card readers on the machines or if I need cash?

Never mind, I found the answer in the special Q&A section. If anyone else is wondering, it will be cashless. You can get tokens from a card swipe.

• 4 weeks later...

All of the laundries I have seen aboard Princess ships so far take quarters and while there is a change machine in each of the laundries they don't always work, so bring along some quarters or get some from the PSD before you go to the laundry.

As for the Professional cleaning service they will do everything from sox to tuxes and do a very good job of it. However, because of the very hot temperatures they use in the laundry we have found that it can impact anything that may have some spandex thread in it.

Related question folks. Is the professional cleaning service onboard Princess only for formal wear or will they take everything including thirst, underwear, etc.?

They do everything. We had no luggage on our Ruby Med. trip last year and they were fabulous about taking our clothes on a daily basis to be washed.

They do everything. We had no luggage on our Ruby Med. trip last year and they were fabulous about taking our clothes on a daily basis to be washed.

How long does it take them to do the laundry? For example, if you leave a bag on Tuesday, would the clean laundry be brought back on Wednesday? This is very helpful - we are packing right now. :D Thanks for posting.

How long does it take them to do the laundry? For example, if you leave a bag on Tuesday, would the clean laundry be brought back on Wednesday? This is very helpful - we are packing right now. :D Thanks for posting.

In our case yes, we got it the next day late in the afternoon when our steward came back on duty

Yes for sure if they get it by 9 AM. If given to them later in the day, it may come back the next day or it may come back the following day.

In our case yes, we got it the next day late in the afternoon when our steward came back on duty

Yes for sure if they get it by 9 AM. If given to them later in the day, it may come back the next day or it may come back the following day.

Good info. Now I can take some extra stuff out of the suitcase.

Thanks to Cruise Junky and Caribill, and to the OP... see you on at the sailaway party!

Archived