Half Moon Cay Cabana Question

Midwestgal

I wanted to rent a cabana for the day we're there but their all sold out.

Is there a wait list in case someone cancels and if so where can I find it.

Go right to the Shore Excursion Desk when you board and ask to be put on the waiting list. Last year we booked a last minute cruise on the Fascination, and of course all the cabanas were sold out. Put our name on the waiting list and lo and behold, there was a cancellation and we got our cabana. Good luck!!!

You can also check everyday on Carnival.com... We are sailing in September and they were showing as all sold out, but a cancellation happened and I was quick enough to rent ours. Good luck

Go right to the Shore Excursion Desk when you board and ask to be put on the waiting list. Last year we booked a last minute cruise on the Fascination, and of course all the cabanas were sold out. Put our name on the waiting list and lo and behold, there was a cancellation and we got our cabana. Good luck!!!

What he said... I did the same thing - as soon as I got aboard, I went to the Excursion Desk and put my name on the waiting list. They told me to check with them at noon the next day. About ten-'til, I walked up to the desk and got one. Funny, it was the one we normally take anyway. :D

That particular one has a big pine tree that shades the deck until mid-afternoon, so it seems to stay cooler than some of the others. (No, I won't tell you, you might snatch it away from me... ;) )

ADDED: NikkiFer's right, check the website every day.

We put our name on waiting list and they called our stateroom night before. It comes with soft drinks. You can specify what you prefer. We didn't know that until after the fact. When we got our cabana # we proceeded to shuttle which takes you there and back. When we got there - there were people in it. They told us they had our # too that we must have wrong # and that we were in the next one. After a few minutes they came over and said our soda coolers were mixed up too. We were getting suspicious so we walked by the cabana and noticed the hammock hanging under the tree on the other side. When we mentioned perhaps they had the wrong number, they became very nasty and aggressive. We wanted to enjoy the day so we backed down. After that we saw them frequently throughout the ship giving everyone a hard time and arguing with each other. So sad they felt so entitled. Oh well!

We still had fun despite our mean neighbors! :D

I wanted to rent a cabana for the day we're there but their all sold out.

Is there a wait list in case someone cancels and if so where can I find it.

We did this recently on the Pride. Send email to shoreexcursions@carnival.com and request that they place you on the wait list. Mention your name, booking #, ship, sail date and cabin #. You will then need to visit the shore excursion desk on embarkation day to see if there have been any cancellations. It worked out for us and we did get a cabana. Good luck.

id hold out for a villa...

Not for $500.00 , I'm there to enjoy the beach ,if I had a Vila I would hang out in it instead of hanging on the beach. With the cabana it's nice to pop in and out of between beach time. There's only three of us.

We put our name on waiting list and they called our stateroom night before. It comes with soft drinks. You can specify what you prefer. We didn't know that until after the fact. When we got our cabana # we proceeded to shuttle which takes you there and back. When we got there - there were people in it. They told us they had our # too that we must have wrong # and that we were in the next one. After a few minutes they came over and said our soda coolers were mixed up too. We were getting suspicious so we walked by the cabana and noticed the hammock hanging under the tree on the other side. When we mentioned perhaps they had the wrong number, they became very nasty and aggressive. We wanted to enjoy the day so we backed down. After that we saw them frequently throughout the ship giving everyone a hard time and arguing with each other. So sad they felt so entitled. Oh well!

We still had fun despite our mean neighbors! :D

I would have had a long talk with the excursion desk :eek: back on board.

Archived