Breeze Southern Caribbean Review

great review, really enjoying it. we are coming up to your home state later this year, our fist time visiting and are getting ready to book the breeze for nov. also. will be in Portland the last of July, what do you think we should see? thanks again for the review

We loved Aruba and right now we are trying to decide between another cruise like Sunshine because we would love to go to New Orleans and go to some different islands we have not visited or renting a condo on Palm Beach. But reviews right now are not so good on Sunshine. Another cruise we are looking into is Valor out of San Juan. Reviews seem good and there are some islands we have not been to. Wow what a great dilemma we have!!!

The water was very calm so I don't know about boogie boards. It was really warm and the waves were small. I saw all kinds of kids playing in the water with pails and shovels and just swimming. On the beach they have rentals for water toys and banana boat rides and things like that. The snorkeling was great seeing as you could do it right from the beach. Some of the fish were right as you walked in so maybe your kids can see them without having to go out to the rope where the bigger fish were. If it is too crowded for you just keep walking. Have fun!!

Thanks so much for this! I posed the question to my kids (they're 9 and 13) and they just said they'd rather not have a beach day. We can do the beach here whenever we like, so to them, it's kinda boring... No waves to them equals boredom...

Just out of curiosity, did you need to bring towels for the beach during your Irie tour? We signed up for it too, but I had no idea about the 1 hour beach stop. Did they provide towels, or do you need to bring along the carnival towels?

Thanks again for your great review!

Shawn

In Curacao we went on the Irie bus tour.

DSC00410_zpsd4e1eeaf.jpg

It was so much fun! For 20.00 each we toured the island and spent just over an hour swimming at Sapphire Beach at the sea aquarium. I really wish we had more time there. The tour took us to see all different kinds of different color houses

DSC00420_zps31e81547.jpg

a Jewish cemetery

DSC00450_zpsd5ebd435.jpg

over the tallest bridge in the Caribbean which had beautiful views (that is another cruise ship in the photo)

DSC00424_zps5bc3ac81.jpg

The liquor distillery was next and I used it as a bathroom stop. For those who are interested they were giving out little shots of all kinds of different flavors of Curacao liquor. People on the tour loved it! I think this stop was used by every tour and it was very crowded. We saw some beautiful views as we toured around

DSC00439_zps52db66d4.jpg

We then went on to Sapphire beach. We were there for just an hour and I know the snorkeling was suppose to be good but we just didn't have enough time. In case anyone wants to know there was a reef and that is where you could snorkel.

DSC00445_zps2ade0a0b.jpg

How did you book this tour was it thru carnival?

You could have whatever you wanted for drinks such as cocktails, beer, soda or whatever. There was a bar right on the beach. We just drank water which was bottled. We walked around the property and it was really nice. The servers kept coming up and asking if you wanted anything. They had a fruit carving stand on the beach where you could get all the fresh fruit you wanted.

DSC00330_zps5f9c6736.jpg

We walked around the resort

DSC00340_zps0ff9e9d8.jpg

There were 2 huge pools one had a swim up bar

DSC00329_zpsd7a87aeb.jpg

The beach was really nice and the water was calm. Towards the end of the day I wanted to try the Infinity Pool because I have never been in one and I got this beautiful photo

DSC00352_zps682f040f.jpg

This is the main pool

DSC00324_zps784b0e58.jpg

We were on the cruise too. The picture you took of the infinity pool has my wife and son in it. Thanks

great review, really enjoying it. we are coming up to your home state later this year, our fist time visiting and are getting ready to book the breeze for nov. also. will be in Portland the last of July, what do you think we should see? thanks again for the review

July is perfect in Maine. We have so many beaches but even in July the water is cold and not at all like the Caribbean that's for sure! We live in Portland so we are near places like the Old Port which has lots of restaurants/shopping and is right on the waterfront near many parks and a beach. Also, near Portland is Cape Elizabeth and South Portland and there are many beaches, lighthouses and parks there too. We also have lots of places for hiking and biking. If you are not in the Portland area just driving south on Route 1 you will see many beaches as you head toward Kennebunk. Going north from Portland is Boothday Harbor and further than that is Bar Harbor. Maine is vacation land we never vacation outside of Maine in the summer. Plus it's the only time we get warm weather!!

I am sure you will have a great time!

How did you book this tour was it thru carnival?

No, I didn't book the Irie tour through Carnival. I just went on their website and emailed them from there. I resevered it months ahead of time and just like Dreams I emailed again to confirm 2 weeks before the cruise.

They did have a list and checked our names off once we got there.

You will have a great time. I just wish we were at the beach longer.

Thanks so much for this! I posed the question to my kids (they're 9 and 13) and they just said they'd rather not have a beach day. We can do the beach here whenever we like, so to them, it's kinda boring... No waves to them equals boredom...

Just out of curiosity, did you need to bring towels for the beach during your Irie tour? We signed up for it too, but I had no idea about the 1 hour beach stop. Did they provide towels, or do you need to bring along the carnival towels?

Thanks again for your great review!

Shawn

I can understand why your kids might be bored because there really are not any big waves. We never get to swim in warm water so it was very nice for us. If they like to snorkel there is plenty of fish right from the beach. You can also rent float toys and they had banana boats and stuff like that. We brought our own towels to Grand Turk and also on the Irie tour. Irie does not supply them. There were people on our tour who didn't go swimming and just walked the beach or stayed on the bus. We didn't bring the Carnival towels but rather our own ones because we brought thinner ones. We did this because they were lighter to carry and my DH could put both in his backpack. Also, it was easier to pick out our chairs because no one had ones like ours.

Have fun whatever you decide to do!

Great review, we booked a cove balcony on the Breeze for January. We are looking at booking the Dreams resort so it was nice to see how much you enjoyed it.

Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed review.

No, I didn't book the Irie tour through Carnival. I just went on their website and emailed them from there. I resevered it months ahead of time and just like Dreams I emailed again to confirm 2 weeks before the cruise.

Thank you for your help.

Carnival does not offer this tour. We did the tour in September and LOVED it! I too booked the tour months in advance. We were such a big group that we filled an entire bus up and the owner ended up being our tour guide. Very nice, professional and fun people. And for $20 a head, we felt like he could have charged more so we all gave pulled a nice tip together for him. Highly recommend this tour.

We were on the Dream last year and might be on the Breeze next year. I was wondering if you felt the ship move a lot? We felt movement on the Dream, never made us sick, but definitely felt it. Wondered if the Breeze is the same?

Loving your review!!!

Hey Franny! We were on that cruise with you! Tracy and Danny...we met you in the terminal before boarding. Thanks for doing such a great review. It's been fun remembering how much fun we had!

Great review, we booked a cove balcony on the Breeze for January. We are looking at booking the Dreams resort so it was nice to see how much you enjoyed it.

Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed review.

Thanks for taking the time to read it!

We were also on this sailing - our daughter got married in port on the 11th!!! It was a FABULOUS FABULOUS Week!!! DH and I had an Aft Balcony cabin and we loved it!! We love the Breeze!!

Congratulations to your daughter!! How romantic getting married on the ship. I am sure it made the cruise even more special for you.

Carnival does not offer this tour. We did the tour in September and LOVED it! I too booked the tour months in advance. We were such a big group that we filled an entire bus up and the owner ended up being our tour guide. Very nice, professional and fun people. And for $20 a head, we felt like he could have charged more so we all gave pulled a nice tip together for him. Highly recommend this tour.

We also did a really good tip because we felt that they should have charged more for the tour. Also, because they just made it fun for everyone.

Archived