Breeze Southern Caribbean Review

I really enjoyed your review, and cannot wait to sail the breeze August 3rd and we are doing the same itinerary. I am just wondering is port side the even side cabins of the ship? We are in a balcony with even numbered cabins and I just want to make sure it is port side. Thank you again for the great review and pics :):)

Well, I just loved your review. Those pictures of that chocolate buffet ..while I sit here eating a lemon....almost made me dive for the fridge. But I don't have anything in there near as good as those looked.

We sail in September, and I appreciate your tips and advice.

I really enjoyed your review, and cannot wait to sail the breeze August 3rd and we are doing the same itinerary. I am just wondering is port side the even side cabins of the ship? We are in a balcony with even numbered cabins and I just want to make sure it is port side. Thank you again for the great review and pics :):)

I'm not Portlandpete. Sorry for answering for her. Port side is even numbers on Carnival. I once asked my PVP for port side, and that's what she told me.

We headed back to the ship and the line was long but not a big deal to us. We headed right to Guy’s and had another yummy hamburger. As we were eating we look up and Tom was playing guitar right next to us on Lido deck. How lucky can we get?? Beautiful beach day, great burgers, good music and cold frosty beers and let me tell you we were happy. We had a perfect view looking past Tom as we were leaving Grand Turk.

DSC00301_zps156b12b1.jpg

We headed back to our cabin for the rest of Sail A Way and it was like a party on all the balconies. We could hear people laughing and talking and really just having fun. After we were pretty far out we took a nap (is this a theme?). When we woke up we headed out to Lido deck and smelled popcorn so right there we said let’s watch the movie. So we got popcorn, pizza and soda and settled in to watch The Help. It was really relaxing to watch a movie while sailing. It wasn’t what we planned but worked out perfectly for us. We were tired!!

DSC00319_zpsda6af502.jpg

Here is a list of movies that played while we were on board: The Nannie Diaries, Notting Hill, The Help, and Gone with the Wind, Zookeeper, Odd Life of Timothy Green, Tron Legacy, Dark Knight, Spiderman, Brave, Gnomeio& Juliet, 3 Elvis Movies, Bourne Supremacy and Hunger Games.

After the movie we headed to Ocean Plaza for Love SoulJaz. We really enjoyed this band and every night the crowds got bigger and bigger! We then went on to the Piano Bar with Ron. We enjoyed ourselves there and returned another night for a little while. It wouldn't be something we could do every night but Ron was very entertaining and since we don’t have a chance to go to piano bars very often it was fun and different for us. We were singing along with everyone else and had a really fun time! Definitely a great night! What I didn’t like was how the room is set up. The Punchliner’s comedy club is just beyond it so when the shows lets out or if people were coming and going from there or the lounge it is distracting.

We tried to get into the Comedy Club and didn’t want to wait 45 minutes. We never got to a see a show because each time we tried the wait was so long. I really think that they should move this to a different venue. There were other people we met who felt the same way.

Of course now that we are homewe regret not waiting but when we were on the cruise there was so much other stuff to do that we didn’t want to wait. We also went to Limelight Lounge. That place was PACKED! So if you love that type of atmosphere you are going to love that nightclub!!

So we headed back to our balcony and talked about "can things get any better than this?" And yes they can because we still have 5 more days!!

The common theme in your review seems to be how packed things were or long lines. Does the ship feel packed? By the way I love your review. I know how much work goes into them I'm sure we all appreciate it.

Hi all!

Just want to say thanks for writing such a fair review & posting great pictures.:D I took my 1st Carnival cruise on Dream in April & loved it so might give the Breeze a try! Just got off NCL Breakaway & still have Allure to go on so maybe next year. Aruba is a place I'd go back to too, very beautiful.

~ Jo ~ :)

Well, I just loved your review. Those pictures of that chocolate buffet ..while I sit here eating a lemon....almost made me dive for the fridge. But I don't have anything in there near as good as those looked.

We sail in September, and I appreciate your tips and advice.

So glad you liked the photos but I have to tell you the only dessert I tried on the whole cruise was the chocolate melting cake! I don't care for sweets at all but I love how they look and smell. Plus I love how the buffet looked.

Enjoy your cruise!

I HAD to come and say Thank You, b 4 i kept on Reading.. I know The hard work it takes to do these and U didnt have too.. SO again Thank You and Yalls pix are wonderful :)

Thank you so much!! I have never done a photo review and did not know how to do it all. I thought I could just drag the photos over. Silly me! So DH figured it all out and showed me how to do it. Even though he doesn't go on CC he helped me the whole time and we ended up having a fun time doing it together. Now that I know how to do it I will be prepared the next time I write one. And there will be another one because I really like Carnival.

The common theme in your review seems to be how packed things were or long lines. Does the ship feel packed? By the way I love your review. I know how much work goes into them I'm sure we all appreciate it.

Well I want to be honest there are a lot of people especially on the Lido deck but it didn't effect us. When we went to the Lido deck it was first thing in the morning and later in the afternoon on sea days so we got seats up on the upper deck and could people watch below. In the morning maybe because we get up so early we didn't have a problem at all finding seats to eat breakfast. When we were there during the sea days for the afternoon we just kept walking and there were always loungers. The longest wait we had was the Mongolian Bar and I think that was 20 minutes and that is because we love that kind of food and was willing to wait. For the buffet in the morning it really wasn't long except for the omlets. It may have been 10 to 15 minutes but we don't really care about breakfast so we wouldn't waste our time. We did try the comedy club but didn't want to wait 45 minutes. Our thing is listening to music so even though we wanted to go to the comedy club again that was not a big deal. If the comedy club was something we really cared about maybe not getting into the comedy club would have been a big deal but we liked the options of the music so we were happy. There were a lot more people that showed up to listen to Souljazz each night but we always went there early so we never had a problem getting a table. I figure if it is something you really like or want to see go early! We didn't have long waits for elevators, getting off on ports, waiting for the dining room, pizza at night or drinks at the bars so I hope when you go the crowds don't bother you like they didn't really bother us.

Have a great cruise!

For a cooler we brought our soft cooler we bought at Walmart and the brand is Thermos. It holds about about 10 cans with ice. We have had this cooler for years and always bring it with us when we travel because after we pack our clothes we just lay it flat on the top of everything in the luggage. I know the way I pack I would not be able to bring a rolling one!! We also bought through Bon Voyage the cooler that comes with either 4 beers or soda. The Carnival cooler held about about 6 of the aluminum bottles with ice. So between the 2 coolers we were all set.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I just have an I phone and a Sony Cyber shot which is just a cheapie camera but works fine for me.

Your pictures really are great. Which Cybershot do you have? Do you know the model or the number of megapixels? I need a tiny camera for our upcoming 8day Breeze cruise.

• 1 month later...

Archived