Just off the Splendor...ask away

It appears from pictures I've seen that the showers might be able to be hand held and/or adjusted for height. Can you tell me if this is the case? I'm considering taking a shower chair, but if the shower is not able to be hand held or height adjustable, then the shower chair won't work. :(

Thanks in advance for the info.

It appears from pictures I've seen that the showers might be able to be hand held and/or adjusted for height. Can you tell me if this is the case? I'm considering taking a shower chair, but if the shower is not able to be hand held or height adjustable, then the shower chair won't work. :(

book a handicap cabin, and it comes with shower chair. They are adjustable but not hand held.

Just off the Splendor yesterday.

We had a regular balcony room and the shower can be handheld.

It just lifts out of the holder.

I'm on the splendor next week and trying to decide what to pack. How were the temperatures at dinner and in and around the ship. I'm considering lots of sleeveless tops but I sometimes get cold in air conditioning.

Everyone feels temperatures differently, but my sister and I found most interior areas Splendor to be quite chilly during our late May cruise. I highly recommend being prepared with a sweater or some type of coverup. Those $10 pashmina-type shawls they sell on board work well -though they didn't have them out for sale until about the middle of our cruise.

Have a great time on the Splendor.

???? do you or some one else reading this, know the cost of renting floats or the peddle boats at the private island? (is it still first come first serve or can u pay on the ship?

Here you go....

HMC_rentals.jpg

Our shower was hand held variety. I know because the thing fell down on me!

Maggie

from now on I will ask all questions to you! we will have to get a photo of you doing the Broony!

I don't have all the answers, but I try!! As for the Broony... I'm game!!! :D:D:D

where the doors metal so magnets would stick? I have asked many times and no one is answering.

I still see no one has answered! I'm sorry about that..

I can't account for the doors, but we got a balcony cabin on spa deck - and the *walls* were indeed metal and magnets would stick :)

Seriously thinking of the Splendor for next year. I'm less than an hour fro the port. But the itineraries suck.....well at least for me. All but one and the prices are rather high out of NY. With no 2.0 upgrades I'm trying to decide if it's worth it. Was hoping once the schedule for the Pride came out that the itinerary would be something other than the Bahamas. Lo and behold, the Splendor and the Pride have the same itineraries at the same time. Come on now Carnival!!!:mad:

Maybe for $50 a day for a balcony I would consider Splendor.

Oh geeze that bad. lol. Well what I'm looking at right now is $1k per person at minimum for an OV cabin. And call me cheap or whatever, but I'm not willing to spend that kind of money. Not for a 8 day cruise x 4. ***sigh***:(

We cruised Miracle last Feb. because we had been on her 3x and love the Spirit class and she was being repositioned to the west coast a few weeks later. For the price from NY it was a no brainer. But you are right, PC, Freeport and Nassau are NOT fun winter get away ports, esp. with it being cold at least for the lst and last sea days. We booked the Splendor for next Feb. to the same ports. Since we live 20 minutes from the port of Manhattan, that is where we cruise from. If we want to do a winter cruise, we have to cruise from NY and I can't really figure out why CCL can't just go a little bit further south into the Caribbean!! :confused::(:mad:

Yea We cruised Miracle last year. Loved that ship. Plus it was a great deal. 650 pp for balcony for 8 days. Splendor needs work to compete. 1000 for OV? Forget it.

my wrap balcony started out in a normal price range for a summer cruise out of NY,, But when those prices dropped, and I am paying LESS than I ever did on the Miracle for a reg balcony never mind a aft,

1,100 including all charges now that was a sale. In the dead of the summer, and of course hurricane season, but that's all the time lately.

Too many better ships than Splendor out of NYC. Without the 2.0 updates I wouldn't book the Splendor.

To each his/her own, but I loved the Splendor just the way she was! I would have liked a Guys burger, but if it comes at the expense of the Mongolian Wok, Burrito Bar or Sushi Bar - I'll pass. I can get a good burger and fries any time.

The Splendor has plenty of bars and lots of drinks, so I don't need any of the specialty bars the 2.0 "upgrades." bring, either.

Quite frankly, other than the Guys - I don't see what all the hoopla about 2.0 is all about.

Oh geeze that bad. lol. Well what I'm looking at right now is $1k per person at minimum for an OV cabin. And call me cheap or whatever, but I'm not willing to spend that kind of money. Not for a 8 day cruise x 4. ***sigh***:(

We spent less than $1000 each for an aft wrap!

Archived