Halifax and titanic cemetery

We are trying to decide whether to rent a car in Halifax. We would like to go to the maritime museum and explore the town area, but would also like to see Fairview Cemetery for the titanic gravesites.

Would we be able to catch a taxi or bus in town that will take us to the cemetery? We would like to take our time at the cemetery so it may not be prudent to have a taxi wait. Would we be able to find a taxi for the ride back?

Thanks!

Lulu has just replied to you here: http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g154976-i327-k6536016-Fairview_Lawn_Cemetery_transportation-Halifax_Halifax_Regional_Municipality_Nova_Scotia.html

I agree that if the cemetery is the only place you wish to go outside of the downtown area, then take a taxi, and then call for one or arrange for one to pick you up later.

We rented a car earlier this month, but our main destination was Peggy's Cove (as well as the experience of the drive down there and some of the other small villages nearby). We stopped by the cemetery on the way back to drop off the car. It did not take long for us to see what we wanted to there. Fortunately for us, we were leaving as a tour bus came. I'm glad we got to see it without throngs of other tourists.

There was a cab driver with three tourists there about the same time we were. They were a little bit ahead of us. Unless there's something specific you want to see and do at the cemetery that will take a long time, it doesn't seem to me that you'd need the driver to wait more than 20 minutes.

We rented a car earlier this month, but our main destination was Peggy's Cove (as well as the experience of the drive down there and some of the other small villages nearby). We stopped by the cemetery on the way back to drop off the car. It did not take long for us to see what we wanted to there. Fortunately for us, we were leaving as a tour bus came. I'm glad we got to see it without throngs of other tourists.

There was a cab driver with three tourists there about the same time we were. They were a little bit ahead of us. Unless there's something specific you want to see and do at the cemetery that will take a long time, it doesn't seem to me that you'd need the driver to wait more than 20 minutes.

You may be right and having the taxi wait might be the best option. It is hard to know what they charge to wait or if the meter just keeps running. Anyhow, we do not want to pass up the cemetery as it is a true piece of history.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived