Rebooking Grandeur

I was able to book for July 26 BUT they were not capable yet of applying FCC to this reservation. After being on hold for a long time, the agent and I decided that I would return later to get it straight. Any others rebook yesterday or today?

Yes, I rebooked on the Freedom's June 9 cruise, and was able to have the FCC applied. It did take over an hour of being on hold while it was sorted out. Eventually the agent transferred me to a supervisor, who was quite helpful. I'd suggest trying again, and asking to speak to a supervisor if you don't get anywhere.

David

How did the coupon work? Are you guys using the 100% coupon or the 50% coupon?

I'm on the 7/5 cruise that is showing as Unavailable. Waiting to see what happens this week with these cruises. I'm hoping that the 50% coupon will be enough that we'll be able to fly to FL to get on the Independence or Freedom the same week without much more $$. Of course, the cabin selection is pretty bad right now and we need 6 cabins.

Also, do you know if I would be required to book through the Royal to use the coupon or could I use a travel agent?

I have a friend who was on the phone last night and was told the june 7th cruise was on . so now i wait and see . I think they closed all the cruises due to not wanting problems from new booking at this point.

Yes, I was able to rebook yesterday using my FCC and my refund amount. Like others have said, it took about an hour on the phone but they eventually figured it out. I think they key, is asking for a rate adjustment to reflect the FCC amount. I have $200 coming back to me, so I had them apply it to some OBC.

Yes, I was able to rebook yesterday using my FCC and my refund amount. Like others have said, it took about an hour on the phone but they eventually figured it out. I think they key, is asking for a rate adjustment to reflect the FCC amount. I have $200 coming back to me, so I had them apply it to some OBC.

I am not sure if your FCC is different than the usual. However, we got one recently for an issue we had on our cruise. It says on the certificate that if your new cruise is less $$ than the value of the certificate you lose the difference.

It specificaly says it can not be used for onboard expenses.

P--S ours arrived at our house 3+ weeks after we got home. [not 6-8 weeks]

Good luck!!

Archived