Heading back to Celebrity after many years

Rockwife

Hi all!

Just have a few questions (so far). These are based on my experience over six years ago!

1) What kinds of live music entertainment should I expect on the Constellation five-day in Decemeber? When we sailed the Century I remember a lovely string quartet.

2) Does Celebrity still have fresh flowers in public areas and bathrooms? I loved those!

3) Do they still walk around with finger foods in the lounges and disco after dinner?

Thanks!

Hi all!

Just have a few questions (so far). These are based on my experience over six years ago!

1) What kinds of live music entertainment should I expect on the Constellation five-day in Decemeber? When we sailed the Century I remember a lovely string quartet.

2) Does Celebrity still have fresh flowers in public areas and bathrooms? I loved those!

3) Do they still walk around with finger foods in the lounges and disco after dinner?

Thanks!

Hi Rockwife,

Answers to your questions :

1) There's a variety of entertainment, but I'm fairly certain the string quartet was eliminated on the short sailings. They had a DJ & percussionist at the Martini Bar at night. Towards the end of last season, the percussionist was moved to the Disco, though the DJ remained at the Martini Bar. I didnt mind the idea of the DJ, but I observed it was chasing away Guests from the bar, as it was way too loud.

2) The fresh flowers are still offered in public areas, though less than what I recall from years ago.

3) Celebrity does not offer the lite-bites any longer. The buffet will be open until late.

I hope this is helpful !

Hi Rockwife,

Answers to your questions :

1) There's a variety of entertainment, but I'm fairly certain the string quartet was eliminated on the short sailings. They had a DJ & percussionist at the Martini Bar at night. Towards the end of last season, the percussionist was moved to the Disco, though the DJ remained at the Martini Bar. I didnt mind the idea of the DJ, but I observed it was chasing away Guests from the bar, as it was way too loud.

2) The fresh flowers are still offered in public areas, though less than what I recall from years ago.

3) Celebrity does not offer the lite-bites any longer. The buffet will be open until late.

I hope this is helpful !

Hi Andy:

Haven't seen a string quartet on any ship in quite some time. The percussionist on Connie was way too loud and drove me away from the area. Louder does not mean better! Did you notice there is no Celebrity orchestra ( 7 pieces) on Connie? Show music is all canned. OP: Enjoy your return to Celebrity!

Hi Andy:

Haven't seen a string quartet on any ship in quite some time. The percussionist on Connie was way too loud and drove me away from the area. Louder does not mean better! Did you notice there is no Celebrity orchestra ( 7 pieces) on Connie? Show music is all canned. OP: Enjoy your return to Celebrity!

Hi Orator,

How are you ? I hope all is well.

They had a String quartet on Eclipse in April (Bel Canto) & Last November (Gran Volta), so they are still around. Perhaps they are offering it on the longer sailings.

Over the years, we've always enjoyed sitting in the Atrium area on Connie. We were also driven away by the loud music. IMO, it wasn't necessary, but it seems Celebrity feels otherwise.

I absolutely noticed the canned music at the Production shows on Connie, and I'm wondering if it will eventually go that way on all of their ships. I hope it doesn't - but it's on my radar.

Hi Orator,

How are you ? I hope all is well.

They had a String quartet on Eclipse in April (Bel Canto) & Last November (Gran Volta), so they are still around. Perhaps they are offering it on the longer sailings.

Over the years, we've always enjoyed sitting in the Atrium area on Connie. We were also driven away by the loud music. IMO, it wasn't necessary, but it seems Celebrity feels otherwise.

I absolutely noticed the canned music at the Production shows on Connie, and I'm wondering if it will eventually go that way on all of their ships. I hope it doesn't - but it's on my radar.

No string quartet on Reflection TA or the Med that followed. Seems to be an off-on thing.

I'm sad to hear there is very limited live music these days, but it doesn't really surprise me. The groups we really enjoy- the big bands or string quartets- were poorly attended and I see why they eliminate things that don't draw people. Oh, well!

There are things I like about "modern" cruising, like anytime dining and craft beers, but I will always miss the big bands we enjoyed on our first ones.

I do NOT miss midnight buffets or assigned dining. :)

If I'm hungry I'll make it to the buffet. Thanks, again.

Hi Andy:

Just got back from a cruise on the Diamond Princess with a string quartet. See "Diamond and Silhouette". They played in the Atrium daily.

We just got back from the Equinox TA. There was a very good string trio made up of 3 women. The orchestra also played for all the shows although one night they did play along with some canned music.

Just got off of the Summit. No cloth hand towels in the men's lav. I think some had a flower. Don't know if it was real or artificial.

On the Constellation in March it was suposedly spring break and they had a lot of DJ's. The DJ's would pound on a electronic drum or key board making a lot of noise that I guess was supposed to be music. It was too loud to really hear if that makes sense.

Didn't have a house band, the music was recorded for the shows.

There may be a solo singer playing a guitar that either takes requests or plays sets.

Short cruises seem to be short on entertainment.

Started sailing on X in 2011 and never seen finger food being served in the lounges except for the Captains or past guests party.

Archived