Have you tried the megabus?

marshhawk

OP, I was going to ask you about it in the Bubba Gump thread but I see now you haven't taken it yet. I'm curious about it too as there is a Houston to NO leg. I thought if I ever wanted to cruise out of NO it would be way cheaper than either flying or driving myself. The fare for two people wouldn't be much more than parking my own car for the week in NO :)

Rudyard-I did a trial booking, if I put in one person, it is 3 times cheaper than doing the reservation for 2, Well we just checked with our freinds who have to cancel one cruise, they will be joining us, so we will have 6 people doing the bus. What fun, if eacho f us bring one food, we can have a meal on the bus.:)

Rudyard-I did a trial booking, if I put in one person, it is 3 times cheaper than doing the reservation for 2, Well we just checked with our freinds who have to cancel one cruise, they will be joining us, so we will have 6 people doing the bus. What fun, if eacho f us bring one food, we can have a meal on the bus.:)

Sounds like you'll have a great time! Megabus is cheap enough that I've thought about taking it one weekend just to see how it is. I can go to San Antonio and back on a Saturday for about $22 round trip. Might try that some time this Summer.

Just remember that they have a one suitcase and one carry-on per person policy. This IS ENFORCED, if you have more than one and haven't already bought another ticket, they WILL make you buy another one at whatever the rate is when you board. If it is already sold-out, you will leave a suitcase behind.

Sounds like you'll have a great time! Megabus is cheap enough that I've thought about taking it one weekend just to see how it is. I can go to San Antonio and back on a Saturday for about $22 round trip. Might try that some time this Summer.

Buy it early enough and it will be $2 R/T.

Buy it early enough and it will be $2 R/T.

I have done the DFW to HOU route for $2.00 RT. Nice, clean and quite an enjoyable ride. I would do it again. They advertise free WiFi but I went to sleep so didnt get to check it out. The bag capacity really is strictly enforced.

I have done the HOU/AUS route the bus was comfortable the Wifi was intermittent. Cant beat $1 each way

I would probably do the Hou/Nola route in the future

Concerning luggage you can buy an extra seat if you want to bring 2 bags

A carry on is either purse/backpack or gym bag as a regular roller carryon bag is too big and it will be put in luggage

Archived