Red Frog Pub...Jimmy's C-Side BBQ....Blue Iguana Cantina....

LEXIpoo

I didnt like anything I had at the Blue Iguanna. I get Mexican here in texas and I like enchilladas and hard shell tacos that I much prefer here in Dallas.

I tried breakfast .. a bunch of meat on a soggy soft tortilla . just not my thing. I tried the pork and the chicken tacos and again they spooned meat and juice on soft tortillas that immediately got soggy. The pork had a good taste, but I dont like soggy.

Not my thing and I love Mexican. I also wasnt crazy about the wraps, I dont like that kind of thing that is mostly bread to fill you up.

Having spent most of the week at the Red Frog on the Magic we naturally had to have their fare. My personal favorite was the Conch Fritters and DW liked Pulled pork sandwiches. Also liked Coconut shrimp. Wouldn't replace is for a main meal, but a good snack when you needed it.

Having spent most of the week at the Red Frog on the Magic we naturally had to have their fare. My personal favorite was the Conch Fritters and DW liked Pulled pork sandwiches. Also liked Coconut shrimp. Wouldn't replace is for a main meal, but a good snack when you needed it.

Yes the coconut shrimp are a great little snack. However, I did not care for the sliders from Red Frog.

We were on the Breeze in October.....None of it was exceptional for us.....Guys Burgers were greasy to us (the fries were seasoned well and good). Blue Iguana, I agree with FireFly....soggy tortillas and we found the pork and some of the meats quite fatty, it was just OK to us. Jimmy's was just OK too....an average kind of backyard picnic fare (sausages, potato salad). Being outside on the deck certainly added ambiance, but the food was just OK.

We were disappointed overall regarding the food on the Breeze. We have really enjoyed CCL food for the most part, and felt the Breeze was really hit hard by cost cutting and menu choices. But this is just our opinion of course. Food is subjective, but there was a definite decline in quality and offerings on the Breeze.

Red Frog Pub:

One of our favorite places on the ship! The appetizers were well worth the few dollars each! We had the conch fritters, pulled pork sliders & coconut shrimp! All were fantastic!

Blue Iguana: I loved the chicken & shrimp burritos! I just wish they would have been open longer! The salsa bar was also a nice addition. Some days they were only open until 2:30.

I didn't get to try Jimmy's C-Side BBQ.

I loved the shrimp burritos from Blue Iguana...didn't try any of the meats, just kept having the shrimp ones for lunch since they were soooo good!

Guy's Burgers didn't excite me but I'm not a huge burger fan to begin with. I only like "skinny" french fries so can't tell you much about the guy's fries.

Just off the Breeze and as all the reviews have said the Guy Burgers were exceptional, we also loved the Pub, in fact had the appetizers as lunch each day well worth the $3.33 we paid and we tried all of them the grouper bites were a tad bit greasy. Great to have burritos each morning for breakfast the line was never long.

Lexipoo..Can't really add anything here. Loved the conch fritters and coconut shrimp in the pub. The line at Jimmy's is long but moves quickly. LInks were better than the pulled pork. Skip the sliders. Tell them not to forget the salads at the Taste Bar opened when Jimmy's is open. Also a good spot for breakfast. I had breakfast at the BI nearly every morning. Try the huevos rancheros (ask for extra tortillas to sop up the eggs) or arpeas if the breakfast burrito is to their liking (mexican eggs over regular). The carnitas tacos are slightly better than the chicken tacos, but skip the fish tacos all together. Soft tacos are more traditional than hard, BTW. Also if they like Japanese food, the Bonsai is well worth the tariff $4-$8 per item, IIRC. And if they like Indian food, the Tandoori is the place to go at lunch time. I've even grabbed tortillas from BI and made my own fish tacos with the tandoori fish and condiments at the Tandoori Grill. The Cucina has a good pasta bar at lunch time and the $10 tariff for dinner is a great changeup to the MDR food, especially with a group where different things can be shared.

Also, though somewhat small, the Steakhouse is excellent and well worth the extra $35 pp. Not a steak person? Lamb chop is heavenly and the Chilean Sea Bass is nicely prepared.

Hope your folks enjoy their Breeze cruise.:)

I love burgers, grew up having grilled hamburgers every Saturday night all year long........Guy's to me was just okay, nothing really special, the fries were really good though.......Blue Iguana was pretty good, the tacos and burritos are huge, easy for my sister and I to share......We love the food in the Red Frog.....especially the Grouper Fingers and pulled pork....

Bonsai Sushi was great.......really large rolls...and the tempura was good too...they will package it to go if you want to go out on deck with it.

Cucina del Capitano is my 1st stop upon embarkation...so much nicer than fighting the lines on the Lido Buffet....the evening upcharge of $12 is worth it occasionally....

I think my favorite thing on the Breeze is the Taste Bar on the Promenade midship....in the morning the have an expanded continental style breakfast that also includes scrambled eggs and oatmeal....at lunch they serve custom made salads and turkey wraps....then in the evening they have samples from all of the specialty restaurants.

Blue Iguana - excellent! For both breakfast and lunch. Jimmy's- Very good. I didn;t have the pub food.

I was on the Glory in March which had the 2.0 up grade but I did not see the Jimmy C-baroque.

Gary

I was so looking forward to conch fritters at the Red Frog on the Glory, but no deal. It turns out not all Red Frogs offer food. Glory was 1 example. :( It turns out that only the Red Frog Pub sells the food, NOT the Red Frog Rum Bar.

I meant to check out the Red Frog beer, but never got around to it. Has anyone tried it? If so, was it any good & what type of beer was it?

Thanks in advance

Aside from Jimmy's all was great on the Breeze. Maybe I just caught them on a bad day but that was some of the worst BBQ I have ever had. The baked beans were from a can for sure.

Yes, it's not great BBQ for those who know BBQ. On the other hand, it's not Bryan's Smokehouse in Lufkin, TX either (ref for those who watch Restaurant Impossible). Mostly grilled stuff with pulled pork cooked in the ovens. But selectively you can find edible/decent choices there, especially if you look to do more Mexican style with the sauces and avoid the sides (get those from the Taste Bar inside).

I meant to check out the Red Frog beer, but never got around to it. Has anyone tried it? If so, was it any good & what type of beer was it?

Thanks in advance

Thristy Red Frog Ale is basically an American Red Ale/Lager. It's brewed by Bud. Formula is similar to Mich's Amber Bock, but not quite. Used to be sold in markets as Bud Red Amber, IIRC, but wasn't successful retail. however, Bud struck paydirt when they began to market this as a draft with which restaurants could label their own name. So if you're in a local eatery and they have "their own brew" and it has "red" in its name, chances are its the same stuff. I think Bahama Breeze's brew is the same stuff, for example. It is a bit filling and more hoppy than most Americna beer drinkers are used to drinking. Certainly NOT a true craft beer, like Sierra Nevade, now served on board. But worth a go.

Disappointing to hear that about the thirsty frog red.

Sierra Nevada is great though so ill be enjoying that. It's a shame they don't have Sam Adams Boston Lager. Love that beer.

Do give TRF a go. It's not Innis&Gunn or even Tennant's Ember but if you prefer a draft, it beats Bud Light!:)

Do give TRF a go. It's not Innis&Gunn or even Tennant's Ember but if you prefer a draft, it beats Bud Light!:)

Wouldn't touch Tennent's but Innis&Gunn's beers are fantastic. I have some Rum Finish in the fridge that I just might polish off tonight. 7.4% tho so it's not a glugging beer

Anything beats Bud light tho

Archived