PVP calls...are they worth returning?

adam3313

Hey all.

I've been getting a ton of calls from my assigned PVP recently. I didn't book my first cruise for a PVP, so I've never actually been in touch, other than calls and emails I've been getting.

Is it worth calling to see what they have to offer? Will it be anything better than what I can see with my VIFP club # on the website? Just checking if it's worth the time.

Thanks in Advance,

I dont think they have anything "special" to offer. But I do find working with a PVP when you are ready to book worthwhile and convenient. Especially if you have wuestions or concerns I gind my PVP is easy to reah and is very responsive.

It may be worth your time to just talk with them. I know in reality we are just a number and they have our profile in front of them. If you're not ready for a cruise just yet, or the deals they have to offer aren't what you are looking for, just tell them so and the calls will stop. But at least it's a bridge that you might need someday.

I like to feel like I have a personal connection with our PVP :o; but that's probably the case for everyone she calls. But I can tell you that when I call, she always calls back, or I can just email and she is very prompt in that. Taking care of price drops, linking reservations together, upgrading.....

We have found our PVP to be very helpful. She has been able to offer some things that weren't available on the website, once offered a very good upgrade deal, has arranged for some special requests that many posters seem to think they have to email John Heald about, and she has been able to answer our questions. Not bad for an investment of a few minutes of my time.

My PVP called a few times when I was looking around thinking about booking my most recent cruise. I made it a point to book through him just because it's nice to have one specific point person taking care of anything we might need. We spoke again to clarify any ways we may be able to take advantage of price drops, and again when a rate opened up that increased our fare very slightly but added some OBC and he was able to switch us. Actually, when I had initially called back about rate drops, he was able to let me know that the new rate was going to be available the next day and that it would be another possibly lower rate to use if we chose to upgrade. I'd say advance notice of special promotions is a good enough reason to use a pvp (for us it was the military sale they've had.)

My PVP also happens to have a voice worth talking to ;) LOL I just get a kick out of it and wonder if he will be calling again soon as I keep looking already for when we can cruise again!

~Katy

I had a really good pvp for over five years (who apparently Carnival let go) who got to know our family and the people who cruise with us.

She also knew we liked to sail from Mobile or New Orleans.

She would call if she saw a really good deal come up.

Usually we could not do it, but once we were able to get off work.

(When the harbor in New Orleans was closed and they sent Fantasy from New Orleans to Mobile for a week or so.)

We got a good deal on that cruise.

I was so excited when my DH called my cell and told me that L had called and we were going on an unplanned cruise.

If you get to do that even once in a lifetime, then it is worth answering the phone when the pvp calls.

Hey all.

I've been getting a ton of calls from my assigned PVP recently. I didn't book my first cruise for a PVP, so I've never actually been in touch, other than calls and emails I've been getting.

Is it worth calling to see what they have to offer? Will it be anything better than what I can see with my VIFP club # on the website? Just checking if it's worth the time.

Thanks in Advance,

I have an excellent PVP who answers my calls promptly, and when he is off, has an associate call me back. He has sailed many of the ships and is always very informative. He was the one who got me on my upcoming 8 day Splendor cruise for free (actually his associate, but he had the associate call me). He called me the next day to make sure all worked out good. He knows my name and my family members--I have only cruised 4x in the last 5 years, so I am not a frequent cruiser, but he makes it a point to make me feel like I am the most important client he is talking to.

He does not pressure me into booking anything, and will look for specials for me also. If I tell him i am not ready to book, he says no problem and asks what I would like for him to look for in the future for me.

Last month, my PVP called when I was super busy with my mother (has kidney dialysis 3 times a week) and I forgot to call him back. When I did finally reach him a few days later, I found out I had been selected to receive a free cruise from Carnival. This was a real promotion. I guess because of low bookings, (reaction to bad press?), Carnival needed to fill up some ships. I also had an email from Carnival. I missed it by one day. UGH!!! :eek: :( :mad:

My PVP said it rarely happens but since I was on the list and did not take advantage of it that maybe if it happened again I would be on the list. I can't tell you how many times I have kicked myself (my son also wanted to add a kick or two:p) for not checking my messages. I have told my PVP that if ever happens again, DO NOT STOP CALLING!!!!

Moral of the story, answer your calls... If you don't want to hear about every promotion, let them know. My PVP now knows not to call unless there is a deal I would not refuse, like a free cruise! :rolleyes:

Archived