Any advice on how to get answer to question from Capt Club rep

msweebee

Sailing with 16 other family members on June 14. Reservations bookings for 8 cabins split between 2 T/A. I am sure 7 CC cabins are connected for dining reservations but I can not determine if 8th one is connect to others . Agent #1 says "yes" and the Agent 2 says "no" and she can not do anything that Agent #1 (who says they are connected) has to call and arrange. Agent 1 says all is completed on her end...

I have sent 1 email each month since Feb (all went unanswered) to Celebrity from website and tonight I called Capt Club and "it is the policy that they can not tell me" so the very last thing I want to deal with when we board on 14th of June is trying to get table arrangements with M/D in MDR if I find my table number is diff that other 7 cabins. All reservations were paid for on one card (mine) and it does not seem that this is rocket science to answer the question and does not seem to have anything confidential involved. They have helped when I discovered 14 year old g'son birthdate was incorrect when he did not have to be associated with his parents and was issued his own Xpress Pass to check in so I know they have some latitude in assisting. Sorry just venting, but does anyone have a "magic" number of someone who can help?

I spoke to hostess on another S Class in Feb 2013 and she was forwarding my email and all booking numbers to Solstice. Said this was not unusual and was easy to remedy. Hmmmm Feb 21 to May 30 and still not solved even though "thank you" changed hands.... Currently have late seating and she suggested Select but I can't imagine what a nightmare that may have become. And I am a hugh Select Dining fan for my husband and I for the last 5 sailings - it is near perfect!

Neither booking a RS or Elite status has been of any help so far in this situations so any solution/advice will be greatly appreciated. I know it will get resolved on board but I am such a stickler for details that I want all my ducks in a row!

I'm not sure why you are involving Captain's Club -- it seems like you want to know if the reservations are linked. TA #1 says yes they are. TA #2 says ask TA #1. So it looks like you have your answer.

I understand about wanting to have everything locked down prior to getting on the ship, but it appears that the reservations are linked, although why TA #2 can't see that is a bit problematic. Perhaps the fault lies there -- maybe inexperienced, or having a hard time navigating the Celebrity system, or some other problem. Either TA should be able to look at the reservations they have booked and see the linking, and that should also appear on the My Reservations pages of the Celebrity website, although accessing each person's page may be a bit of a difficulty -- you would need to have everyone's booking numbers to be able to view their individual reservations. However, since you paid for all of them, you probably do have everybody's booking numbers and can check for yourself.

In any case, since you are booked through TAs, Celebrity's insistence that they can't discuss the booking arrangements with you is their policy. If anyone needs to be communicating with Celebrity to double check that the reservations are all properly linked, it's the TA's involved.

Hi, as usual, Cruisestich is correct.

Since you have booked with a Travel Agent, they would be the ones

who need to speak with Celebrity on your behalf. You mentioned being

a "stickler for details".....call your TA, get her to call the other one

and then you should have peace of mind. If not, since there are

so many cabins together? Go see the Maitr'd after you board the ship

and confirm with him the 8th cabin is with you too.

The 'client' copy of the invoice should indicate if it is linked to other booking numbers, usually down near the bottom (or at least that's where we found the info on the one linked booking I had).

If you don't have the most current version, ask your TA to email you the 'client copy' (or as many as she has); ditto for TA #2.

Archived