Drydock changes to Pacific Jewel

We just received the new P&O 2013 - 2015 brochures in at work and it seems P&O have included some of their plans for the next Jewel drydock in the deck plans. It seems the Casbah Bar will change to the Orient pub during the next drydock. And they are having a bit of a shuffle around on deck 14. It appears the Aqua Spa is being made a little bit smaller. The salon is being moved in where the current Attic nightclub is. And where the gym is now, will be expanded (taking up the space that's being taken from the Aqua Spa) and will become The Dome.

The Aqua Spa will still remain at the front of the ship where it was, which isn't an ideal location, however it's nice to see P&O are trying to fix some of the problems in that front section of the Jewel.

Well........ the show lounge seating is the worst, there are not enough passenger areas, to many people and when I was on it there was a sewerage smell throughout the ship.

When compared to other ships sailing out of OZ it is just not up to standard, if you look at the fares they are advertising it is going the same way as the Pacific Sun, cheap ,, cheaper ,,, gone .. just my opinions.

I have sailed Pacific Dawn, Sun , Sky and Pearl the Jewel is a dud .

Ken

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am booked on one of the first cruises after drydock and can't wait to see the changes they have made to her. I really hope they did go ahead with the Dome changes and the showlounge upgrade. Only 3 weeks to go till I find out :D.

I am booked on one of the first cruises after drydock and can't wait to see the changes they have made to her. I really hope they did go ahead with the Dome changes and the showlounge upgrade. Only 3 weeks to go till I find out :D.

R, please come back and report! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Looks fantastic! I can't wait to see more. It's great to see P&O taking on people's feedback and actually making improvements to the ship. No, they aren't the newest ships in Australia, but things like these will certainly help. :)

Archived