Strange pricing, can someone make sense?

Hello all, hope you are well,

Ive been browsing through Royals cruises, was looking to arrange a possible 7 nighter in september for 2 adults 1 child, what I find very strange is their pricing, for example:

2 adults, 1 interior stateroom, £1058

2 adults 1 child, 1 interior stateroom £2492

2 adults 1 child, 2 connecting interior staterooms £2677

3 adults 1 child, 2 connecting interior staterooms £2116

I understand that one stateroom with the pull down bed requires a little more space and there arent as many of them, but what baffles me is its £561 cheaper to bring along another adult for the same connecting staterooms!!!!

thanks

Hello all, hope you are well,

Ive been browsing through Royals cruises, was looking to arrange a possible 7 nighter in september for 2 adults 1 child, what I find very strange is their pricing, for example:

2 adults, 1 interior stateroom, £1058

2 adults 1 child, 1 interior stateroom £2492

2 adults 1 child, 2 connecting interior staterooms £2677

3 adults 1 child, 2 connecting interior staterooms £2116

I understand that one stateroom with the pull down bed requires a little more space and there arent as many of them, but what baffles me is its £561 cheaper to bring along another adult for the same connecting staterooms!!!!

thanks

I would reprice through opodo and ebookers- and see if you get the same result. Also check US websites Agents tend to get better deals sometimes.

Yeah I would check those prices again. You'd have to pay a single supplement for the single in the connecting room, but the price should be about the same as 2 + 2.

Also make sure the categories match exactly. You can't compare 2 interior M's to 2 L's for ex. Location and occupancy will influence price.

it was for a cruise on liberty out of barcelona, the staterooms were the same i.e inside guaranteed connecting staterooms, thought i must be missing something but its just weird

If you are comparing an inside guarantee rate to a regular inside rate, that could be the difference. An inside guarantee is a reduced rate that does not allow you to pick your cabins, the cruiseline assigns the cabins.

You same the rate was for inside guaranteed connecting cabins, I am not sure what you are saying here since a guarantee rate does not allow you to pick cabins let alone guarantee they are connecting.

thanks for the replies, reallyitsmema i agree with you on the statement about guaranteed staterooms not allowing you to pick cabins, but disagree on the second part about connecting rooms guaranteed, if I could screenshot the page I got where it gave you the details id post it, but thats definately what it was and the prices.:)

I think it has to be an error on the website you are using. I have priced all Liberty's September cruises for two insides (connecting and otherwise in the same category,) and they all price as you would expect. It matters not if the third person is an adult or child. If you take a second cabin the rate for putting one person in it (adult or child generates the same first person price) there is (depending on the specific date) broadly a 74% premium on the first person price, but of course this is still cheaper than two persons in a cabin would be.

thanks for the replies, reallyitsmema i agree with you on the statement about guaranteed staterooms not allowing you to pick cabins, but disagree on the second part about connecting rooms guaranteed, if I could screenshot the page I got where it gave you the details id post it, but thats definately what it was and the prices.:)

Guaranteed connecting rooms? Hmmm, never heard of that..oxymoron? though the screen might suggest it, I rather doubt you'd be guaranteed to get connecting rooms. For the cheaper gty price, you'd probably get two gty inside cabins that may or may not be close together....and people from the UK usually have trouble swapping gty cabins, so if you are assigned cabins far apart, sadly odds are against you getting then moved together. if having the cabins together or connecting is important, pick your cabin rather than gamble on gty.

Archived