May/June or September/October B2B2B Greek Isles, Adriatic/Turkey, and Western Med?

allisons

May/June or September/October B2B2B Greek Isles, Adriatic/Turkey, and Western Med?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. May/June or September/October B2B2B Greek Isles, Adriatic/Turkey, and Western Med?

• May/June
    • September/October

We are in the process of booking a back-to-back-to-back Eastern Mediterranean/Greek Isles, Eastern Mediterranean/Adriatic, Greece & Turkey, and Western Mediterranean cruise for 2014. We want to choose the "best" weeks in terms of temperature not too hot or too cold, little or no rain, calm seas and smooth sailing, no missed ports, few tourists, few children, etc. We have been looking at various weeks in September and October. We are of the understanding that those are the "best" months to go. However, we're getting some feedback to consider May and/or June. We understand that weather is unpredictable and that any week can be good or bad. However, we want to choose the weeks that will have the best chances of good weather. I am in the process of reviewing the data on http://www.wunderground.com. It's helping and overwhelming me at the same time. We'd like any and all feedback based on your experiences of cruising the Mediterranean in May/June vs. September/October. Thank you so much!

If you could manage more of Oct/Nov that would be best in my opinion, Sept will still have some serious heat in some regions.

Downside is that on some smaller ports, certain areas will be closed for the season in Nov., for example Eze village (in France) & some restaurants in Mykonos & Santorini, but to me, it's still worth it for the cooler weather & absolute lack of crowds. Go late enough in Nov, & you'll enjoy wonderful Christmas decorations.

I should add: both DD's did their honeymoons in late May & June respectively, 2 weeks Med, they both ran into extreme heat & some crowding (june, not May) I'd avoid June thru Sept.

If you could manage more of Oct/Nov that would be best in my opinion, Sept will still have some serious heat in some regions.

Downside is that on some smaller ports, certain areas will be closed for the season in Nov., for example Eze village (in France) & some restaurants in Mykonos & Santorini, but to me, it's still worth it for the cooler weather & absolute lack of crowds. Go late enough in Nov, & you'll enjoy wonderful Christmas decorations.

I should add: both DD's did their honeymoons in late May & June respectively, 2 weeks Med, they both ran into extreme heat & some crowding (june, not May) I'd avoid June thru Sept.

Thank you so much! That is very helpful! I really appreciate it! If we push it later into October, I'm worried about cold weather, rain, rough seas, missed ports, etc. ?????

I would go early May or September but to me September would be preferable.

Keith

Thanks again! You are always so helpful! The earliest in May we could go is May 24-June 15. I think we've narrowed it down to that or September 13-October 5.

the weather in the med early this may has been very poor,if you want good weather go june/sept

Thank you so much! That is very helpful! I really appreciate it! We're think at this point either the beginning of June (5/24-6/15) or the end of September (9/13-10/5). Thoughts?

the weather in the med early this may has been very poor,if you want good weather go june/sept

I had perfect weather on my Med cruise (Greek Isles and Adriatic) from April 24 to May 7. :confused:

Warm & sunny, seas were like glass.

I had perfect weather on my Med cruise (Greek Isles and Adriatic) from April 24 to May 7. :confused:

Huh! Well, that's not an option for us. The earliest we could go would be May 24-June 15. What do you think about that time?

i had perfect weather on my med cruise (greek isles and adriatic) from april 24 to may 7. :confused:

my wife went on cruise out of barcelona on 23/4/13 to rome etc it was cold and rained every day for 7 days. We both went 15/5/13 out of athens first 2 days bit dull. Then nice weather. As we all know its the luck of the draw. But the odds are better june/ sept.

Western Med I wouldn't do past mid October but would risk the Eastern Med up to mid November. Weather at the times you are looking at would be similar, but warmer seas in September and longer days in June

my wife went on cruise out of barcelona on 23/4/13 to rome etc it was cold and rained every day for 7 days. We both went 15/5/13 out of athens first 2 days bit dull. Then nice weather. As we all know its the luck of the draw. But the odds are better june/ sept.

You're right. Weather is the luck of the draw. But we can improve our chances by going June or September. So that's what we'll do. Thanks!

Western Med I wouldn't do past mid October but would risk the Eastern Med up to mid November. Weather at the times you are looking at would be similar, but warmer seas in September and longer days in June

That's what we understand! So now we have to decide between warmer seas and longer days! We don't plan to do the beach much at all. But I would like to swim in the Mediterranean at least once! But the longer days would be very nice. We'd have more daylight hours for touring. We'd see the ports when we sailed in in the mornings and when we sailed out in the evenings. We'd have more energy. Hmm . . .

Archived