Glory Obstructed Oceanview cabin 2474??

QUIGONATOR

Why would this be obstructed & how obstructed would it be?? I am hoping someone has pictures of this cabin I have not found any on the net yet, but similar rooms. Also how loud is it having the engines below? I am reading quite loud? Also is it rough back there? I feel it is very rough in the front of the boat!

Where did you read it was obstructed? Im guessing some site said that, because maybe a window washer was parked there or similar? Not because the windows were otherwise obstructed.

I think how loud it is depends on the ship. Triumph has the LOUDEST aft I have ever experienced.. Conquest less so. You will feel the vibration that low no matter which ship all the time.

I don't know why they have the aft rooms listed as obstructed. But having been in 2470 and 2473, there is nothing blocking the view.

The only thing that comes to mind about those corner and rooms across the back are that the windows are on an angle, thus possibly distorting the view. But the 2 rooms we had were the last 2 windows along either side and they were just regular, big windows. No slant.

Yes it is very noisy back there, but I liked it so much I booked 2470 again for my upcoming October cruise.

Where did you read it was obstructed? Im guessing some site said that, because maybe a window washer was parked there or similar? Not because the windows were otherwise obstructed.

I think how loud it is depends on the ship. Triumph has the LOUDEST aft I have ever experienced.. Conquest less so. You will feel the vibration that low no matter which ship all the time.

Do a mock booking on a Conquest Class ship on Carnival's site. Select Oceanview and then obstructed Oceanview. It automatically takes you to the back of the ship along both sides and across the back on the 2nd floor.

Thanks "Firemanbobswife" I actually read your posts on those rooms online. Thank you for the pictures! Are those engines running even in port? Also did I see you mention that it is even so loud you can't hear the tv? I also think I saw there was an adjoining doorway prior to reg door to hall in this room is that true? Thank you again for any info. BTW I don't see how to delete 2nd post??

Do a mock booking on a Conquest Class ship on Carnival's site. Select Oceanview and then obstructed Oceanview. It automatically takes you to the back of the ship along both sides and across the back on the 2nd floor.

I still think I have read the obstruction is a window washer parked in the rear.

I was on Triumph all the way in the aft, bottom deck and thats the time the vibration was so bad on my back wall and ceiling I couldnt hear the tv.

Conquest I thought was less so. So, I think Triumph had a especially bad vibration problem hopefully getting fixed in dry dock. Maybe it developed with all those times down the Mississippi. When the river hits the ocean, even along the back of the ship in one of the OV facing cabins on Main, it was enough to wake me up out of a sound sleep. Its a lot worse at some times than others.

Ive been in the aft twice on Conquest and twice on Triumph. I have mixed feelings. Im solo these days so Im not sure the extra space is worth the trade off with the vibration.

OP only you can decide. Its a huge cabin.

Thanks "Firemanbobswife" I actually read your posts on those rooms online. Thank you for the pictures! Are those engines running even in port? Also did I see you mention that it is even so loud you can't hear the tv? I also think I saw there was an adjoining doorway prior to reg door to hall in this room is that true? Thank you again for any info. BTW I don't see how to delete 2nd post??

No the engines weren't on.

It was very loud the first night we gave up watching tv once we figured out the remote :). But the other nights weren't as bad. Don't know why.

Yes there is a door with a porthole connecting 2472 and 2474. Don't think it locks from the inside but I could be wrong. I didn't undo the stopper holding it open to peek since it wasn't my room :D

Maybe you can flag it by the little triangle in the corner?

Glad I can be of some help.

So I talked to TA it is not obstructed view, I was reading that wrong, so now its only the noise issue & vibration I am concerned with! I do feel motion on the boat sometimes. I just don't want to be miserable, but then again there aren't a whole lot of options left on the boat at this time!!

So I talked to TA it is not obstructed view, I was reading that wrong, so now its only the noise issue & vibration I am concerned with! I do feel motion on the boat sometimes. I just don't want to be miserable, but then again there aren't a whole lot of options left on the boat at this time!!

I still don't know why Carnival lists them as obstructed but if you go on their website, that's exactly how they have them.

We were rocking pretty good a couple nights but I think I've found the front to be worse. But everyone is different.

We have 2472 on our cruise in July. Here's hoping it's not too noisy. I chose that cabin because it looked like it might be bigger than usual. Is that true?

I believe it is a little bigger than the standard OV. I saw a picture somewhere that showed it's laid out differently giving it more floor space than a regular one.

Couldn't take the chance.. didn't book! Thank you for the info I would like that room a couple decks up

the next two decks up are aft dining room where you sometimes can feel more motion, then deck 5 is a lounge they use for the comedian etc.

You would have to go up to deck 6, aft balcony and that far up you are correct you get rid of almost all the vibration issues. You wouldnt notice it that far up.

Couldn't take the chance.. didn't book! Thank you for the info I would like that room a couple decks up

The 2nd floor is the only floor you'll find those oddball shaped rooms. The next closest would be the "bowling alley" balconies which are "L" shaped. They are shaped like 2462 and 2465.

The vibrations and noise are less as you go towards the front of the ship, so if you still want an OV, go with 2462 or 2465. They are the only OVs with 2 windows besides 2470 and 2473. Only downside is there isn't a sofa - just 2 chairs and a table.

The 2nd floor is the only floor you'll find those oddball shaped rooms. The next closest would be the "bowling alley" balconies which are "L" shaped. They are shaped like 2462 and 2465.

The vibrations and noise are less as you go towards the front of the ship, so if you still want an OV, go with 2462 or 2465. They are the only OVs with 2 windows besides 2470 and 2473. Only downside is there isn't a sofa - just 2 chairs and a table.

I've had both of those cabins back when they sold them as 1As, so I would have trouble paying a OV price when I can get a port hole forward for a inside price. Ive been spoiled by deals in the past.

I didnt see the table and chairs in front of the 2nd window as a downside, its a nice little sitting area, and I liked where the closet was next to the bathroom more than the usual set up. But I only paid the 1A price for both of these cabins, and now Carnival raised the price. I think CC gave them too much publicity and they got too popular.

I've had both of those cabins back when they sold them as 1As, so I would have trouble paying a OV price when I can get a port hole forward for a inside price. Ive been spoiled by deals in the past.

I didnt see the table and chairs in front of the 2nd window as a downside, its a nice little sitting area, and I liked where the closet was next to the bathroom more than the usual set up. But I only paid the 1A price for both of these cabins, and now Carnival raised the price. I think CC gave them too much publicity and they got too popular.

I think those 2 would be my next choice besides 2470 and 2473. I really do like the layout. And the 2 windows makes it seem more spacious. Didn't they used to have a drop down bunk? Because now they are just like any other cabin - 2 twins/king.

I believe it is a little bigger than the standard OV. I saw a picture somewhere that showed it's laid out differently giving it more floor space than a regular one.

We book these cabins when available, they are the best cabins. They are about 330 square feet

Bia

I don't know why they have the aft rooms listed as obstructed. But having been in 2470 and 2473, there is nothing blocking the view.

The only thing that comes to mind about those corner and rooms across the back are that the windows are on an angle, thus possibly distorting the view. But the 2 rooms we had were the last 2 windows along either side and they were just regular, big windows. No slant.

Yes it is very noisy back there, but I liked it so much I booked 2470 again for my upcoming October cruise.

Do you have any photos of 2470? I'll be there in a few weeks! The layout on the website made it appear larger, so I only hope it is!

Thanks!!

Do you have any photos of 2470? I'll be there in a few weeks! The layout on the website made it appear larger, so I only hope it is!

Thanks!!

Yep, a couple. Somehow I got more of my sister's room 2473 than I got of mine. Go figure.

It is much bigger than a normal room. Enjoy and take great care of it since I'll be back in there Oct 20!

9yba2y6a.jpg

ydase8ep.jpg

Thanks

we have 2473 booked on the Freedom in Sept. My dw does not know. She knows we are in the back so it could be noisy, but she thinks its a reg OV. I told her I was able to upgrade from inside to OV for no extra money but it was in the back of the ship. It was the truth, I just left out that it was a large cabin with 2 windows:)

Thanks

we have 2473 booked on the Freedom in Sept. My dw does not know. She knows we are in the back so it could be noisy, but she thinks its a reg OV. I told her I was able to upgrade from inside to OV for no extra money but it was in the back of the ship. It was the truth, I just left out that it was a large cabin with 2 windows:)

As long as she doesn't mind a little shake, rattle, roll, and vibration (I'm talking about the ship of course :D) she will be ecstatic!

I love these rooms. I don't want to ever go back to even a balcony again.

Archived