Resort pass for the day HELP

soobs

We didn't plan for our first Caribbean cruise due to my parents being ill just before we went. We are hoping to go again later in the year and would be hoping to do some day passes in local resorts close to the ports.

On some of the beaches we went to we paid $20 for a sunbed with the loos not being to good and the sunbeds not up to much either so a visit to a resort with the option of a beach as well as the pool seams a good option. We are visiting Barbados, St Vincent, Dominica - where there wasn't much to do, St Lucia - where it rained so we didn't see much, Antigua, St Kitts, Grank Turk, Tortola - we went to a resort no charge here, St Maarten - my favorite.

Any suggestions anyone

We didn't plan for our first Caribbean cruise due to my parents being ill just before we went. We are hoping to go again later in the year and would be hoping to do some day passes in local resorts close to the ports.

On some of the beaches we went to we paid $20 for a sunbed with the loos not being to good and the sunbeds not up to much either so a visit to a resort with the option of a beach as well as the pool seams a good option. We are visiting Barbados, St Vincent, Dominica - where there wasn't much to do, St Lucia - where it rained so we didn't see much, Antigua, St Kitts, Grank Turk, Tortola - we went to a resort no charge here, St Maarten - my favorite.

Any suggestions anyone

Those are a lot of ports. In Dominica it is not known for it's beaches. We went to screw spa. This is a rustic place that has hot sulphur pools in the rain forest. It was awesome!!! We were also supposed to river tube but it got canceled due to high or low river. Can't remember. In Tortola we always take the ship excursion to jost van dyke. You will not regret it!!

Hilton-272.JPG

Hilton Barbados might take you for the day -if they have the room.

Hilton requests that you phone ahead first, to see if they can accommodate you.

Hilton-259.JPG

If you can find a local phone at the Port somewhere, before you take off for the day

their PBX number on the island is 426 - 0200

Island/area-code is 246

so if want to call from outside Barbados, you'll need to dial 1(246)-426-0200

Hilton-281.JPG

You can have lunch, right near their pool

• 2 weeks later...

Any suggestions anyone

You can also try resortforaday.com for a day pass at some of your ports.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We did a day pass at the Hilton mid march of this year. Took a taxi, went to the desk and paid the same rate as resort for a day charged. I think it was $50 or $55 dollars and included a towel, the resort facilities and a delishous lunch off of the pool restaurant/bar menu and a drink. It was well worth it to us as the drink and lunch was $30 by itself.

A short taxi ride, $5pp, to the Hilton. It is a sprawling complex and since we were the only ship in port that day - we had the place to ourselves. There are 2 pools and the beach is beautiful, but too rough for the children to swim in. We had chairs, umbrellas, lunch and a drink included through our booking with resortforaday. Relaxing day - can recommend.

Archived