Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

It seems like more than just the North Star will need to be added after she comes out of the building! Have no clue how they will be able to fit the stack or even Ripcord while inside.

I think the stacks without question will already be installed.

I think it may just be a gap in the balconies, revealing the inside edges of the balcony floors. You can see other similar gaps further to the right.

I agree. I thought the same at first when I saw the pic, but it looks like the crane is blocking most of the part in question. And if you look at all the rest of the balconies, they all have some sort of covering on them. Too early to have it "match" the rendering.

Nice video and some great shots.

The shipspotting website has some clear images of the Quantum of the Seas' bow block with the comment:

The bow-part of yard number 697, to be completed with the bulb. Built by BVT Brenn- und Verformtechnik, Bremerhaven, on Seeponton 1, towed by Arion (IMO 7726902) inbound in Papenburg Lock. GT 167 800 348 B 41 D 8,5 4905 passengers. Propulsion 2 x Wärtsilä 12V46F 14400kw / 600 rpm + 2 x 16V46F 19200kw / 600 rpm. 2 x ABB Azipod XO 20,5 MW. 4 x side thruster Brunvoll FU 115 3500 kw. speed 22 ktn.

1957407.jpg

1957521.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

Tough As Leather and Lloyd - Thanks for posting these great close up shots. The loft suites are going to be very cool. All the work being done at different yards is helping the build process go fast. Before Quantum I don't recall seeing a bow thruster block in transit to any yard. So this has been good to see.

Is this a design change along the vertical angled wall at the edge of the loft suite area? Curved/angled (glass window) wall? Might be a shadow, but there is something not flat about the area?

TasL_close-up_zps19b3eec0.jpg

This might be an exposed area that will soon be enclosed, but it seems like the angle of the area in question is going in the opposite direction as what's shown in the rendering.

Normally the stacks aren't finished off until it leaves the building, like with the solstice they didn't finish them off until it was outside the building hall

That's right. I don't know why I thought it left under its own power. I watched them pulled the getaway out on the video.

Thanks for finding and sharing these, Tyron.

And thanks to Royal Caribbean International for posting them on their site! Much appreciated!

Here are larger versions of the images from http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/ship/27/quantum-of-the-seas/2/images/#1

low_1389822567_Quantum-of-the-Seas-MG-5912.jpg

low_1389822596_Quantum-of-the-Seas-MG-5920.jpg

low_1389822609_Quantum-of-the-Seas-MG-5927.jpg

low_1389822582_Quantum-of-the-Seas-MG-5918.jpg

low_1389822545_Quantum-of-the-Seas-MG-5829.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555