Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

According to the block diagram there are only 5 blocks left to complete Quantum, if I counted right. Then the work moves inside and paint the outside. A great trivia question would be how many gallons of paint are need to paint the exterior of Quantum.

Yea I'm excited for her to get her 'face' - I hope they do a similar reveal as they did for celebrity reflection :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Yea I'm excited for her to get her 'face' - I hope they do a similar reveal as they did for celebrity reflection :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Next would be for them to start to fork-lift the pre-fab cabins into place.

That process shouldn't take them that long.

I'm looking forward to seeing a brochure that looks similar to the one released for Oasis before she was built, full of beautiful artist renderings and loaded with features and a full set of deck plans.

Just wanted to give you all a head's up about booking a room if you need it. Yes, I know it's still way out there for time but my 1st choice hotel is already sold out so I settled on my 2nd choice and from when I booked until now, the price of the room as doubled.

Just saying.

Just wanted to give you all a head's up about booking a room if you need it. Yes, I know it's still way out there for time but my 1st choice hotel is already sold out so I settled on my 2nd choice and from when I booked until now, the price of the room as doubled.

Just saying.

It is sold out for early January 2015? Is it because of the usual New Year celebration in NY?

Looks like Anthem is progressing well too.

That's the one I'm looking forward to...

Nice pix being shared. :)

Given the schedule of when Anthem's winter 2015 bookings will open it is very likely that you could book Anthem winter cruise before people can book Quantum Summer 2015. Strange isn't it.

Given the schedule of when Anthem's winter 2015 bookings will open it is very likely that you could book Anthem winter cruise before people can book Quantum Summer 2015. Strange isn't it.

Indeed, and curious too.

I'm looking forward to seeing a brochure that looks similar to the one released for Oasis before she was built, full of beautiful artist renderings and loaded with features and a full set of deck plans.

I love ordering the brochure book with all the itineraries and deck plans just to read whenever I am in need of a 10 minute vacation. I am wondering when I should order a new one (I think you can only order one every 6 months) so that it includes Quantum of the Seas Itineraries and the Deck Plans to study. If I order too soon it may not include it yet. I just can't wait for the big reveal anymore!

It is sold out for early January 2015? Is it because of the usual New Year celebration in NY?

Not sure as I've never looked into hotels for January in the area before but if I remember correctly, Double Tree was available before they opened for bookings because I was starting research as soon as they announced when Quantum was going to open up and their were rooms. Not sure how many but there were some, now it's sold out. Hampton Inn went from $71 to $134.

Not sure as I've never looked into hotels for January in the area before but if I remember correctly, Double Tree was available before they opened for bookings because I was starting research as soon as they announced when Quantum was going to open up and their were rooms. Not sure how many but there were some, now it's sold out. Hampton Inn went from $71 to $134.

Thanks for the heads-up on this. With ours in March I will have to make plans soon depending if we keep the reservation or change when the summer schedule comes out.

By the way I emailed RCI about dropping Samana and asked for an update as to what the plan is besides what currently shows. I will let you know if they respond. The more emails sent on the issue the better our chances.

I love ordering the brochure book with all the itineraries and deck plans just to read whenever I am in need of a 10 minute vacation. I am wondering when I should order a new one (I think you can only order one every 6 months) so that it includes Quantum of the Seas Itineraries and the Deck Plans to study. If I order too soon it may not include it yet. I just can't wait for the big reveal anymore!

I'm waiting until after all is revealed before checking out any (e-)brochure to ensure that it's as up to date as it can possibly be.

Roger you are on a 12 night with 6 ports. We are sailing Mar 21 a 8 night cruise with only 2 stops now. We would like to have another port added. Don't like to whine but we booked with 3 ports.

Bob

I just looked at the port calendar and when Quantum is in San Juan for my cruise, there will be 5 other ships there too!!! UGHHHHHH :(

It's the same way for our cruise and the other ports we're by ourselves. Find that hard to believe (or we're just really lucky!). At this point I'm so sick of being cold that I wouldn't care if there were 10 ships as long as I could be somewhere warm right now.

I'm looking forward to the next webcam update, or even better yet, some new progress photos discovered by Lloyd!

It is hard to believe that the Quantum will be in Bayonne by November. There is still a lot of work to be done, but Meyer Werft sure makes it seem easy.

Eric

I agree. I love the Transatlantics because they have so may sea days:)

We're hoping that with the arrival of the Anthem, that a Freedom class ship will still make a TA from Southampton to Florida in 2016. The Indi is doing it now...time will tell. I think that could be a nice TA.

I agree. I love the Transatlantics because they have so may sea days:)

I so want to do a transatlantic some day. Would be even better if it was a ship's first crossing from the ship yard where it was built. :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to the next webcam update, or even better yet, some new progress photos discovered by Lloyd!

It is hard to believe that the Quantum will be in Bayonne by November. There is still a lot of work to be done, but Meyer Werft sure makes it seem easy.

Eric

About that 'theater stage/FlowRider/RipCord base' block at the bottom of the webcam image that is bugging me. My source* says that the Meyer Werft press officer stated that the block is most likely for deck 15 (deck 14, actually). A swimming pool probably. They can't give more details about it. Maybe we will see it installed in the next webcam image... if the cranes aren't in the way!

And all the blocks in Hall 6 belong to Quantum of the Seas (other than what is in the basin of course). There are some Anthem of the Seas blocks in Halls 4 and 5.

* I've always wanted to say that!! :D

So I'm guessing that the block would be for the Solarium area...

ht_rc_solarium_kb_ss_130417_ssh.jpg

quantumsolarium.jpg

No progress photo, but someone who saw my favorite Meyer Werft/Quantum photo sent me a photographer's photo from the other point of view - taken from the ship - around the same time. Cool. Or dope. Or whatever people say nowadays.

Favephotootherpointofview_zps3445751b.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

I so want to do a transatlantic some day. Would be even better if it was a ship's first crossing from the ship yard where it was built. :rolleyes:

About that 'theater stage/FlowRider/RipCord base' block at the bottom of the webcam image that is bugging me. My source* says that the Meyer Werft press officer stated that the block is most likely for deck 15 (deck 14, actually). A swimming pool probably. They can't give more details about it. Maybe we will see it installed in the next webcam image... if the cranes aren't in the way!

And all the blocks in Hall 6 belong to Quantum of the Seas (other than what is in the basin of course). There are some Anthem of the Seas blocks in Halls 4 and 5.

* I've always wanted to say that!! :D

So I'm guessing that the block would be for the Solarium area...

No progress photo, but someone who saw my favorite Meyer Werft/Quantum photo sent me a photographer's photo from the other point of view - taken from the ship - around the same time. Cool. Or dope. Or whatever people say nowadays.

Lloyd - Great pictures of the building dock.

The thing about that other block that makes you wonder is the rectangular shape within the curve edges. If they just used the wider angle lens we could see a lot more. For now we will have to take what your source is telling you. Thanks for sharing.

Lloyd - Great pictures of the building dock.

The thing about that other block that makes you wonder is the rectangular shape within the curve edges. If they just used the wider angle lens we could see a lot more. For now we will have to take what your source is telling you. Thanks for sharing.

Maybe a wider angle or seeing it from another angle would help.

Maybe it will still be in the next webcam image, but easier to identify.

QuantumDeck14pool_zps03da7ae6.jpg

Maybe a wider angle or seeing it from another angle would help.

Maybe it will still be in the next webcam image, but easier to identify.

QuantumDeck14pool_zps03da7ae6.jpg

Yeap, it's about time they turn on the second webcam at the back of Hall 6. :) Better yet let Ingrid take the wide angle shots

It's the same way for our cruise and the other ports we're by ourselves. Find that hard to believe (or we're just really lucky!). At this point I'm so sick of being cold that I wouldn't care if there were 10 ships as long as I could be somewhere warm right now.

I totally agree with you. Our weather this year has been totally a pain in the butt and I'm tired of being so cold all the time. But I heard however I won't have to worry about spring cleaning this year. Living in CT, it's going to go from winter straight into summer so I won't have time to spring clean..LOL