Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Mike - The picture was taken while the block was still being put in place. Thus the appearance of an overhang.

I was talking about the very bottom, closest to the helipad but on the new photo posted by Lloyd, it appear that its only because it hasn't been painted white yet! Thanks goodness! :)

Lloyd - Once again, thanks for sharing the pictures on this thread. I was just about to power down my computer and said let me check for today's update and there it was. Very cool.

I'm adding that photo to my fave list. I like that there's a large group of MW employees in their blue overalls gathered at the bow.

I'm adding that photo to my fave list. I like that there's a large group of MW employees in their blue overalls gathered at the bow.

It looks like they are taking a group picture (see the one guy on higher platform) with Quantum as the background. Probably celebrating the last block being put in. A remarkable and rewarding experience it must have been. Great shot from your tourist friend (or was it you hiding somewhere in the Anthem blocks:) )

It looks like they are taking a group picture (see the one guy on higher platform) with Quantum as the background. Probably celebrating the last block being put in. A remarkable and rewarding experience it must have been. Great shot from your tourist friend (or was it you hiding somewhere in the Anthem blocks:) )

Great shot from a tourist. Why hide in the Anthem blocks when I can be hiding in the SeaPlex Dog House instead!! Yum.

Edited by Lloyd555

Great shot from a tourist. Why hide in the Anthem blocks when I can be hiding in the SeaPlex Dog House instead!! Yum.

SeapPlex - Have to agree with you on that one.

With all the great pictures taken by tourist you think we may see something from some familiar pros. I have been checking the sites of Ingrid and Andres but still nothing on Quantum.

I'm probably showing my age here. If you don't get the reference, Google "Fantasy island".

Thebridgebossthebridge_zps86d93920.jpg

Yup. I am so going to try to make it to Papenburg some day to be a visitor in the Besucherzentrum too!!

I'm probably showing my age here. If you don't get the reference, Google "Fantasy island".

Thebridgebossthebridge_zps86d93920.jpg

Yup. I am so going to try to make it to Papenburg some day to be a visitor in the Besucherzentrum too!!

Ahh, the days... The Love Boat, followed by Fantasy Island :-) What a line-up!:D

It's hard to say. That area tends to change a lot. The renderings don't even show a railing for our balcony, lol. On the Oasis when we booked the first cabin it was more like the Freedom class with a large curved glass side in front. When she was delivered it was a standard balcony divider and the glass of just the railing curved into the ship. Since their isn't even a railing, I'm not sure they have even finalized their designs for that area yet. Since they haven't marked it as an obstructed balcony though I think it should be equal to others, if not slightly bigger. I've seen some where the balcony was a foot or 2 wider and the opening curved in that area. Or like the Oasis they block you at your balcony and then it's a vacant space where it's curved.

Ha ha yeah i did notice a while back there was no actual railing shown for that room. Different eh?

I guess we just wait and see.

Nice. Where did you find it?!

Well I started with google "quantum of the seas construction" then did images but then if you click on the images, more are displayed and it was in one of the groupings. I'm trying to find it again because it was on a cruise forum, not ours but another one. WOOOHOOO found it!! Here is the link.

http://www.cleancruising.com.au/newsletter/newsletter_130502.html

Crap, the more I'm looking at it, the more I don't think it's ours even though it was listed under Quantum..... :-(

Edited by tls1012

Well I started with google "quantum of the seas construction" then did images but then if you click on the images, more are displayed and it was in one of the groupings. I'm trying to find it again because it was on a cruise forum, not ours but another one. WOOOHOOO found it!! Here is the link.

Crap, the more I'm looking at it, the more I don't think it's ours even though it was listed under Quantum..... :-(

Yup. It's not the Quantum of the Seas. Didn't notice when looked at it quickly on my phone, but now that I check it out on computer, it seems as if the website made a booboo. Thanks for sharing anyhow. :)

The research vessel "Sonne" will leave the building dock I on Saturday the 5th. Then, they want to use the free space for Anthem blocks. Maybe, we will get some interesting views from the following webcam images.

Press release (germany only): http://www.meyerwerft.de/de/meyerwerft_de/medien/presseticker/pressemitteilung_detail_16065.jsp

You have to depend on a new tourist photo to catch a glimpse of some people...

April12014photobytourist_3_zps4a282516.jpg

WOW, THANK YOU!!!! This is exactly the picture I've been waiting for as our room is going to be one of the cabins that are right at the beginning of the hump. I wanted to see what the balcony is going to be like since it looked on the deck plans that it would be a little bigger. Woo-hoo!! Makes up for the obstructed view! :D

The research vessel "Sonne" will leave the building dock I on Saturday the 5th. Then, they want to use the free space for Anthem blocks. Maybe, we will get some interesting views from the following webcam images.

Press release (germany only): http://www.meyerwerft.de/de/meyerwerft_de/medien/presseticker/pressemitteilung_detail_16065.jsp

Thanks for the update.

Tina - Yes in looking at the bridge design it looks like one of the NCL ships. They have a design were the center portion of the bridge sticks out further. Whereas the RC ships have a more even curve bridge.

Still a great picture though. Thanks

Press release (german only): http://www.meyerwerft.de/de/meyerwerft_de/medien/presseticker/pressemitteilung_detail_16065.jsp

I forgot to mention that there is also a new information about the first swimming part of the Anthem in the press release: The first part of the ship will temporarily leave the building dock 2 at the end of May.

I forgot to mention that there is also a new information about the first swimming part of the Anthem in the press release: The first part of the ship will temporarily leave the building dock 2 at the end of May.

Interesting. In June and July will they (start) work on the 2nd part of the Anthem inside building dock 2, and then float it out in front of the Quantum on August 3rd?

By the way, will work on the first part continue while it is outside?

S697buildchart_whole_closeup_zpsf62511c6.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

That is really interesting. With all the secrecy on the build of Quantum Class will the mini float-out or as you noted first swimming part be open to the public to see?

For once they left the front door open!

Nice view of the Anthem of the Seas for a change (in the foreground with one of its lifeboat supports in view) with the Quantum of the Seas in the background (you can just make out the newly installed solarium and bridge).

RmKranephoto1_zps4d881b72.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

Interesting. In June and July will they (start) work on the 2nd part of the Anthem inside building dock 2, and then float it out in front of the Quantum on August 3rd?

I think it's possible that they float out the 2. part of Anthem and the Quantum in a single day. But it would be also possible that there are some days between them. I really don't know.

By the way, will work on the first part continue while it is outside?
Unfortunately, I have no information about it. Maybe I will write a email to Meyer Werft in May. (I hope that I don't bother them:D)

With all the secrecy on the build of Quantum Class will the mini float-out or as you noted first swimming part be open to the public to see?
I do think so, because the only option to leave the building dock afloat is the front door and the outside basin. And this area is open to the public.