Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Still not a clear image though of Quatum. The picture of Hall 5 is a lot more clear than Hall 6.

Courtesy Meyer Werft Webcam

Hall 6

2014_01_13_H6_W466.jpg

Hall 5

2014_01_13_H5_W466.jpg

Thanks for posting! I like how the theater block is taking shape in Hall 5.

Edited by Lloyd555

Thanks for posting! I like how the theater block is taking shape in Hall 5.

Yeap looks like they added a litle more to it since December 9th or so. Any theories as to why the image in Hall 6 is so blurred as compared to Hall 5 image? One was hoping they would start out the New Year with a bang but, seriously we are not getting anything great from the webcam or current from RCI. Thanks to the few tourist for taking some good pictures.

By the way in talking about the lack of great pictures and images for Quantum you should all see how much traffic and interest pictures of Navigator OTS Drydock is generating. I think it's time for RCI to start releasing more info on Quantum. People want to see and know more.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1968301

Ok back to regular Quantum programming on this thread.

Yeap looks like they added a litle more to it since December 9th or so. Any theories as to why the image in Hall 6 is so blurred as compared to Hall 5 image? One was hoping they would start out the New Year with a bang but, seriously we are not getting anything great from the webcam or current from RCI. Thanks to the few tourist for taking some good pictures.

Well, hall 6 is so big it has its own climate! It looks like it's 'foggy with chances of rain in the morning' these days!

By the way in talking about the lack of great pictures and images for Quantum you should all see how much traffic and interest pictures of Navigator OTS Drydock is generating. I think it's time for RCI to start releasing more info on Quantum. People want to see and know more.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1968301

Ok back to regular Quantum programming on this thread.

I commented on Adam's last post with the Quantum photos, askign about consturction photos, etc., but they didn't post it. Of course, I had to type in the word 'Goldstein' to confirm that I wasn't spam, but maybe I mistyped it? Or they didn't like my post?

The last comment by someone named Tina says:

Will you be starting a website just for the Quantum build? I’m booked already on this ship and would love love love to see the progress of the build. I think I see my room in one of the pictures..LOL

Edited by Lloyd555

Well, hall 6 is so big it has its own climate! It looks like it's 'foggy with chances of rain in the morning' these days!

I commented on Adam's last post with the Quantum photos, askign about consturction photos, etc., but they didn't post it. Of course, I had to type in the word 'Goldstein' to confirm that I wasn't spam, but maybe I mistyped it? Or they didn't like my post?

Will you be starting a website just for the Quantum build? I’m booked already on this ship and would love love love to see the progress of the build. I think I see my room in one of the pictures..LOL

That would be me that posted that!!! I just noticed that they replied to my post too! Wow, I feel special :-)

Edited by tls1012

That would be me that posted that!!! I just noticed that they replied to my post too! Wow, I feel special :-)

You are the only one that got a reply too. Good for you :)

Good for you, for sure! Congrats.

I swear I was polite in my post! I asked about the possibility of a web page dedicated to the ship's construction, and said that although I appreciate the shipyard webcam images, they didn't do the Quantum of the Seas justice, as they didn't focus on her assets (Two70, SeaPlex, etc.). That was ok, right? :rolleyes:

Edited by Lloyd555

Same here. I tried to post a comment thanking them for the updates and looking forward to more information and they did not post mine either. Hmmmm. I'm glad that Tina's comment got posted and answered!

Eric

Good for you, for sure! Congrats.

I swear I was polite in my post! I asked about the possibility of a web page dedicated to the ship's construction, and said that although I appreciate the shipyard webcam images, they didn't do the Quantum of the Seas justice, as they didn't focus on her assets (Two70, SeaPlex, etc.). That was ok, right? :rolleyes:

It was absolutely Ok. They seem to screen all the posted comments and sieve through what to reply to. I am acually surprised that since Adam posted that update in the blog they have only accepted two comments thus far. Between that blog and post here on CC (and a lot more on CC) they know what their fans want to see.

Good catch. It will be another massive block as compared to the one below of Celebrity Reflection

Photo courtesy - Ingrid Fiebak

22330.jpg

The Tweet indicates that, as it pertains to the number of blocks, they're just past the 50% mark. That's a lot of blocks to go!

Same here. I tried to post a comment thanking them for the updates and looking forward to more information and they did not post mine either. Hmmmm. I'm glad that Tina's comment got posted and answered!

Eric

I had posted also on AG's Blog but it didn't even go to the "comment awaiting moderation" stage...it just disappeared....so perhaps there was a glitch ..wow imagine that :rolleyes: ...sorry bad bad Liz :o

The Tweet indicates that, as it pertains to the number of blocks, they're just past the 50% mark. That's a lot of blocks to go!

It does seem like a lot especially if she is to leave the building dock in early August as suggested here on CC. The fact that some of the other blocks are manufactured at other yards and towed to MW to finish the assembly helps a lot to reduce the building time. I read somewhere that NCL Getaway was built in 15 months at MW. Not sure if this was from steel cutting or Keel Laying. Quantum Keel Laying was August 2, 2013. So in about 12 months she will be floated out. Amazing!

Just a reminder of what she is supposed to look like...

Comparison-QuantumbuildinJanuary14photo_zps39357fcd.jpg

Is this a design change along the vertical angled wall at the edge of the loft suite area? Curved/angled (glass window) wall? Might be a shadow, but there is something not flat about the area?

TasL_close-up_zps19b3eec0.jpg

Edited by Tough as Leather

Is this a design change along the vertical angled wall at the edge of the loft suite area? Curved/angled (glass window) wall? Might be a shadow, but there is something not flat about the area?

TasL_close-up_zps19b3eec0.jpg

I think it may just be a gap in the balconies, revealing the inside edges of the balcony floors. You can see other similar gaps further to the right.