Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Great document tls1012. I saved it on my pc art work.

Speakin' of food, just got tweeted this tasty treat ...

The Food Truck Goes to Sea

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-03-31/the-food-truck-goes-to-sea

0328_food_truck_seas_b_970-630x420.jpg

I told my husband about it because we have a hot dog truck by our home that when we play hooky and take a day off we just HAVE to hit. So we are totally looking forward to some chili dogs!!!

Is the chick in the dress standing in the air? Sure looks like it to me...LOL

Edited by tls1012

Thank you Tina for sharing this document.

By the way I recall you posted somewhere about booking hotels. Which ones were good and closer to the port. Have to start planning this if I keep the current cruise on 3/21/15.

Just checked, the Double Tree is sold out for your date.

We are opting to park at the pier instead of getting a park & cruise package due to the fact that I've called and you either have to take a taxi or the shuttle only picks you up at certain times and it being in January, we would rather have a car there so we can just get in and go. We've had to wait for awhile in FL when we've booked a limo return and I'm not liking that in the dead of winter plus I'm an "anxious annie" and will make Mike get to the port by 10am...LOL :D

Hope this helps a little bit.

First time we have cruised from Port Liberty... We have always been dropped off by family in Baltimore. Do you have to reserve parking at the port, or how does it work?

Anything we need to know - any tips? We plan to get there by noon or before.

Thanks,

John

First time we have cruised from Port Liberty... We have always been dropped off by family in Baltimore. Do you have to reserve parking at the port, or how does it work?

Anything we need to know - any tips? We plan to get there by noon or before.

Thanks,

John

I hope someone can give us some tips, I never cruise out of the north before. A guy I work with has cruised out of there before and he says that you just drive in, no reservation but he also says to get there early because he's been known to see a long line to get in. Not sure how it's going to work with the new cruise port. I'm sure I'll be monitoring the cruise port construction as soon as it's online or Lloyd posts something :D

You know, I wanted the Double Tree which is close to the port and had a great rate but it sold out about a week after the bookings opened. We are going to park and cruise which is the first time for us seeing as we usually fly. With that being said, I ended up choosing the Hampton Inn at a great AAA rate that includes a full breakfast and when I looked at the exact same hotel about a month or so ago for our date, the price went from $71 to $134 per night. :eek: So I'm glad I booked so early and it was even refundable too.

There is a Howard Johnson closer to the port than Hampton Inn but it got terrible reviews so I would rather drive just a few more miles and get a better place.

We are opting to park at the pier instead of getting a park & cruise package due to the fact that I've called and you either have to take a taxi or the shuttle only picks you up at certain times and it being in January, we would rather have a car there so we can just get in and go. We've had to wait for awhile in FL when we've booked a limo return and I'm not liking that in the dead of winter plus I'm an "anxious annie" and will make Mike get to the port by 10am...LOL :D

Hope this helps a little bit.

Thank you it does help a lot.

Are you in cabin 10116? We booked that for the 11/23 and 12/1 sailings. Always used to book foreword facing cabins but now the balconies are closer in pice to ocean view so we try to get the first balconies and that was the one with room for 3.

Hi. Yeah 10116

On all the computer generated images the balcony looked a funny shape compared to the others. Wasn't sure about it, but took a chance. It looks ok in real life but still maybe a bit different. What do you think?

I was trying to determine what windows those were next to the SeaPlex Dog House. I didn’t realise that there were large windows across the whole of the side walls of the first level of the SeaPlex venue. Thanks to the updated deck plans and photos by Royal Caribbean (Yes! Royal Caribbean photos!), I figured it out. The stand is next to the port side windows in the top right photo. There’s a better view of the windows in the lower right photo which shows the starboard side windows... Hey! I am desperate. I fear we won't have moments like this together any more, what with the blocks all being installed. We're onto menus and hotels now :( & ;)

HodogTruckwindows_zps49ffc2d3.jpg

I was trying to determine what windows those were next to the SeaPlex Dog House. I didn’t realise that there were large windows across the whole of the side walls of the first level of the SeaPlex venue. Thanks to the updated deck plans and photos by Royal Caribbean (Yes! Royal Caribbean photos!), I figured it out. The stand is next to the port side windows in the top right photo. There’s a better view of the windows in the lower right photo which shows the starboard side windows... Hey! I am desperate. I fear we won't have moments like this together any more, what with the blocks all being installed. We're onto menus and hotels now :( & ;)

I think you do have it right. The windows are really big looking at the rendering. Vey nice space to catch the sea views.

Poor guy! Hopefully we can find a construction related item to post for you! I promise if I have any other stuff on hot dog stands, hotels, or cruise terminal related info to post, I’ll do so in the appropriate thread. Maybe.

I told my husband about it because we have a hot dog truck by our home that when we play hooky and take a day off we just HAVE to hit. So we are totally looking forward to some chili dogs!!!

Is the chick in the dress standing in the air? Sure looks like it to me...LOL

I didn't see any actual menu, but I do know chili dogs would be popular, which is why I was surprised there isn't one on the Dog Haus menu on Allure. I wonder if this will have different choices?

Sorry, just trying to help.

Hi. Yeah 10116

On all the computer generated images the balcony looked a funny shape compared to the others. Wasn't sure about it, but took a chance. It looks ok in real life but still maybe a bit different. What do you think?

It's hard to say. That area tends to change a lot. The renderings don't even show a railing for our balcony, lol. On the Oasis when we booked the first cabin it was more like the Freedom class with a large curved glass side in front. When she was delivered it was a standard balcony divider and the glass of just the railing curved into the ship. Since their isn't even a railing, I'm not sure they have even finalized their designs for that area yet. Since they haven't marked it as an obstructed balcony though I think it should be equal to others, if not slightly bigger. I've seen some where the balcony was a foot or 2 wider and the opening curved in that area. Or like the Oasis they block you at your balcony and then it's a vacant space where it's curved.

Great photo just tweeted by RoyalCaribPR! Big day today for #QuantumoftheSeas as the final block was moved into position.

Happy now, Tough as leather!!?!

And it's not an April Fool's joke! Well sort of, seeing as this was done a few days ago... :)

BkJVnlACEAAypbm.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

Great photo just tweeted by RoyalCaribbeanPR! Happy now Tough as leather!!?!

BkJVnlACEAAypbm.jpg

Although they're citing the block as only being installed today ;) (not last week)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Great photo just tweeted by RoyalCaribbeanPR! Happy now Tough as leather!!?!

BkJVnlACEAAypbm.jpg

Is it my eyes or does the first row of cabin windows below the bridge appear to be overhanging the other cabins below :confused:

Ah wait is this an April Fools pic ?

Edited by Elizanessie

Is it my eyes or does the first row of cabin windows below the bridge appear to be overhanging the other cabins below :confused:

Ah wait is this an April Fools pic ?

Well actually to my totally untrained eye, it looks like they are actually placing that block and it's almost in place. I could be wrong and probably am but that's my thought about it. Looks like a WIP.

Well actually to my totally untrained eye, it looks like they are actually placing that block and it's almost in place. I could be wrong and probably am but that's my thought about it. Looks like a WIP.

You're correct. The block is being moved into position. We don't get to see that very often.

You're correct. The block is being moved into position. We don't get to see that very often.

Woohoo yeah me!!!! You know what else we don't see in the pictures are people too. Now didn't I read somewhere that they work 3 shifts?

Woohoo yeah me!!!! You know what else we don't see in the pictures are people too. Now didn't I read somewhere that they work 3 shifts?

You have to depend on a new tourist photo to catch a glimpse of some people...

April12014photobytourist_3_zps4a282516.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555
Not sure!?!