Boeing Tour

Hi

We are docking back in Seattle on Sunday, July 7th and our flight leaves at 6:05pm. We would really like to go to the Boeing Tour but need to figure out how.

I'm pretty sure we will need a shuttle (as opposed to a taxi because we have 5 people and would probably need 2 taxis) to get from the ship to the tour and then to the airport. I called Boeing and she had me call Customized Tours. Their charge is $65/person which includes the price of the tour.

Has anyone used this tour company before or does anyone have a better plan we should use for this (ship to the tour then to airport)?

Thanks!

Tracy

Have you considered renting a car for the day? That would provide your transfer to the airport as well so it might be the cheapest option, especially for a group of 5.

There are kiosks at the piers ... they shuttle you into town to pick up the car.

http://www.portseattle.org/Cruise/Services/Pages/default.aspx

Thanks for this suggestion. I went ahead and priced out a rental car. Now, I would like to price out a taxi (my husband likes to look at ALL options). Are there any taxi sites or phone numbers I could call to get rates?

Thanks!

Hi

We are docking back in Seattle on Sunday, July 7th and our flight leaves at 6:05pm. We would really like to go to the Boeing Tour but need to figure out how.

I'm pretty sure we will need a shuttle (as opposed to a taxi because we have 5 people and would probably need 2 taxis) to get from the ship to the tour and then to the airport. I called Boeing and she had me call Customized Tours. Their charge is $65/person which includes the price of the tour.

Has anyone used this tour company before or does anyone have a better plan we should use for this (ship to the tour then to airport)?

Thanks!

Tracy

Someone else mentioned it, but the Boeing factory tour is at KPAE/Paine Field, about 25 miles north of Seattle, and KSEA/Seatac Airport is about 15 miles south of Seattle. Factor in travel times and fares accordingly.

This site claims to calculate taxi fares. No idea how reliable it is, but it says the fare from downtown Seattle to the future of Flight Tour in Everett will be $ 73.89. That actually sounds kind of low to me--it's a long way.

International Taxi Fare Calculator

In any case, renting a car--even a larger one that will be comfortable for five people plus luggage--will probably be cheaper.

I think we are going with renting a car. However, we'll need to pick it up and drop it off at the same place (Seattle Hilton Downtown) otherwise picking it up at one place and dropping it at the airport is much more expensive!

Does anyone know how far the Seattle Hilton Downtown is from Pier 66 and how we would get there (does cruise have shuttle)?

I think we are going with renting a car. However, we'll need to pick it up and drop it off at the same place (Seattle Hilton Downtown) otherwise picking it up at one place and dropping it at the airport is much more expensive!

Does anyone know how far the Seattle Hilton Downtown is from Pier 66 and how we would get there (does cruise have shuttle)?

Google knows: https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Pier+66,+Seattle,+WA,+United+States&daddr=Hilton+Seattle,+6th+Avenue,+Seattle,+WA,+United+States&hl=en&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=53.477264,114.169922&geocode=FcJ_1gId-hW1-CmTVCVoUhWQVDGzW-07ADdesg%3BFWN11gIdiFi1-CEXXgtLI7gVTCn11l4WtGqQVDEXXgtLI7gVTA&oq=seattle+hilton+downtown&mra=ls&t=m&z=16

We've been to the Boeing Factory Tour in Everett a couple of times and I wasn't to impressed. If I was an out of towner I'd go to the Museum of Flight http://www.museumofflight.org/ it's a lot more interesting. I'd also be a little worried about making back to SeaTac Airport in time to make my flight home. The Museum of Flight is at Boeing field on the way to SeaTac

customized tours have been a round a long long time and very reliable. Toursnorthwest.com does this tour and the cost is $69 so $65 with dock pick up and airport delivery seems like a bargain. Even renting a car it will be hard to fit 5 plus luggage in a car. The cost of the tour is $20 pp so it is more money or about the same. Coming back into Seattle there will be traffic to the airport but if you can drop a car at Seatac you can take I-405 which has a carpool lane the whole way and brings you into Seatac avoiding downtown Seattle.

Archived