Will Carnival replace Legend in Tampa?

kruisecat

Hi guys! I am just curious after reading the posts about the Legend heading to Australia. Has it been anounced whether or not another ship her size will be ported in Tampa? We live about 45 minutes from the port and enjoy taking cruises out of there. We are booked on the 11/10 on Legend.

Again, just curious :o

Tampa is a central port for a lot of folks in Florida..S. Mississippi. S.Alabama.

The ports they go to...scary. Belieze. Cozumen. Roatan.

Would it not make sense..to run a ship out of Tampa..going to

Key West Panama..Costa Rica....Caymon Islands?

I would book it in a heart beat.

I am not going to places anymore..where I feel like...I could be in danger at any point in the cruise. That rules out most of Central American and Mexico.

Aruba and Cureaso...are great new ports.

What about Bonaire? the Third Island of the Dutch Islands? Safe. Beautiful and then some. Undeveloped in that Big Corporations are not there..the People...for the Caribbean are prosperous indeed. Just very Green. Conservation Wise.

Babatos. Trinidad. St. Lucia. instead of St. Thomas and St. Marteen. And I love St. Marteen but I go there more than I go downtown in the city where I live....

Nassau? Ugh. Why not Eutheria? It is in the Bahamas. it is Paradise.

Seems to me that it makes a lot of sense to have another 7 day cruise out of Tampa, as it's the preferred port for lots of people who don't want to drive, or FLY down to the Miami area. There are lots of ships that hit lots of the same ports out of the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale ports anyway, so why not replace the Legend? If they don't replace her, then there'll be lots of us who make the trip to Port Canaveral instead. ;)

"SKY"

One of the issues with the Port of Tampa is that it can not accommodate Carnival's newer / larger ships due to the height restriction of the Skyway Bridge. If they can place the ships that can pass under the bridge in more economical locations (higher fares, lower port fees, higher average occupancy etc.) than that is what they will do.

It is simply an economic decision.

Tampa is a central port for a lot of folks in Florida..S. Mississippi. S.Alabama.

I am not going to places anymore..where I feel like...I could be in danger at any point in the cruise. That rules out most of Central American and Mexico.

What about Bonaire? the Third Island of the Dutch Islands? Safe. Beautiful and then some. Undeveloped in that Big Corporations are not there..the People...for the Caribbean are prosperous indeed. Just very Green. Conservation Wise.

Babatos. Trinidad. St. Lucia. instead of St. Thomas and St. Marteen. And I love St. Marteen but I go there more than I go downtown in the city where I live....

Nassau? Ugh. Why not Eutheria? It is in the Bahamas. it is Paradisek

Nassau? Ugh. Why not Eutheria? It is in the Bahamas. it is Paradisek

Interesting suggestions. For what it is worth, Mexico cruiseports are a much safer option than Trindad or St. Lucia....imho

I am thinking that they will not replace the Legend in Tampa, but what do I know? :) ;)

I was thinking the same, the Conquest class ships will not go under the bridge and I know they have been changing the Pilots fees so high I doubt they will get another ship..Does any other cruise line operate out of Tampa?....Dennis

I was thinking the same, the Conquest class ships will not go under the bridge and I know they have been changing the Pilots fees so high I doubt they will get another ship..Does any other cruise line operate out of Tampa?....Dennis

At least NCL. We followed them in on a fog delayed reentry on the Legend in February. There was another ship, but I cant remember what it was.

RCCI and NCL both have limited ships in Tampa -- maybe half the year.

The ports they go to...scary. Belieze. Cozumel. Roatan.

What's so scary about these ports (except for the fact that Belize doesn't have a Señor Frog's or Margaritaville within 50 feet of a pretty Welcome Center, which can REALLY spook some tourists?) :o

The Western Caribbean itinerary with Belize and Roatan is one of the best Caribbean itineraries out there. Unfortunately, a lot of people get freaked out when they go to a place where they actually get to see how people truly live in the Caribbean, instead of the fake touristy and overly comercialized Welcome Centers that the cruise lines have gotten us used to..

Would it not make sense..to run a ship out of Tampa going to...

Caymon

Cureaso

Babatos

Eutheria

That would definitely be a NEW itinerary, no matter the cruise line or port of embarkation....;)

What's so scary about these ports (except for the fact that Belize doesn't have a Señor Frog's or Margaritaville within 50 feet of a pretty Welcome Center, which can REALLY spook some tourists?) :o

The Western Caribbean itinerary with Belize and Roatan is one of the best Caribbean itineraries out there. Unfortunately, a lot of people get freaked out when they go to a place where they actually get to see how people truly live in the Caribbean, instead of the fake touristy and overly comercialized Welcome Centers that the cruise lines have gotten us used to..

That would definitely be a NEW itinerary, no matter the cruise line or port of embarkation....;)

Haha! I agree, Tapi. I didn't find any of those ports "scary". We enjoyed each one of them!!

It doesn't look like the Legend will be replaced in Tampa. All of the Fantasy class ships itineraries have already been released and the only Spirit class ship without her itineraries released is the Pride. But I really don't see Carnival abandoning Baltimore as a homeport, so I expect to see the Pride stay put.

The only thing I can think of is if they continue to want Tampa to have 7 day cruises at least part of the year they will have the Legend do Tampa in the summer and Australia in the winter.

It doesn't look like the Legend will be replaced in Tampa. All of the Fantasy class ships itineraries have already been released and the only Spirit class ship without her itineraries released is the Pride. But I really don't see Carnival abandoning Baltimore as a homeport, so I expect to see the Pride stay put.

The only thing I can think of is if they continue to want Tampa to have 7 day cruises at least part of the year they will have the Legend do Tampa in the summer and Australia in the winter.

Thats going to be an awfully long trip that a lot of people won't book..The flights from/to Australia are expensive and are terribly long..11 hours from Sydney to Hawaii for us last year and then about 10 from Hawaii/Dallas/Memphis...We once looked at a Tahiti cruise and the airfare from Memphis to Tahiti was $3500 per person...On the Spirit from Hawaii to Australia last year a lot of rooms went empty as the prices just kept falling..Two days before the cruise Carnival offered all the Diamonds a free upgrade to all the empty balcony cabins..And we still had about $1400 in OBC from the price drops......Dennis

Nassau? Ugh. Why not Eutheria? It is in the Bahamas. it is Paradise.

I prefer the islands with the big corporations there. All the ones you named have big corporations there. Having a big corporation cruise into it allows another big corporation there. Hate to tell you big corporations (except the gov't, which is the biggest corporation) makes it better.;)

There are several ships in the Carnival fleet that can still port in Tampa that are nice. I, of course, love sailing out of Tampa because it is a 15 minute drive. Tampa is a popular port still for Carnival, and I'm sure they will figure out something. On the other hand, Port Canaveral, Jacksonville, Miami, Fort Lauderdale ports are all within reasonable driving distances for cruising...

:cool: I love Florida.

There are several ships in the Carnival fleet that can still port in Tampa that are nice. I, of course, love sailing out of Tampa because it is a 15 minute drive. Tampa is a popular port still for Carnival, and I'm sure they will figure out something. On the other hand, Port Canaveral, Jacksonville, Miami, Fort Lauderdale ports are all within reasonable driving distances for cruising...

:cool: I love Florida.

All Spirit class ships have been positioned , I doubt they will move the Pride from Baltimore...Will the Fantasy class ships go under the bridge??....Dennis

All Spirit class ships have been positioned , I doubt they will move the Pride from Baltimore...Will the Fantasy class ships go under the bridge??....Dennis

Actually the Pride still doesn't have any itineraries released for May 2014 and on. So it is still a possibility that she could move to Tampa but I don't think it is very likely.

Yes the Fantasy class ships can fit under the bridge. But all the Fantasy class ships have their itineraries released for May 2014 and on.

Archived