Bottles of wine

wilson2579

Does anyone know the cheapest bottles of white wine on board the spirit. Just trying to decide to bring my own on and pay corkage or buy the ship's wine.

I believe the prices are the same fleet-wide. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong and a quick look at NCL's wine list prices showed the cheapest whites were Chardonnay @$26, Riesling @ $29 and Pinot Grigio @$30. Hope that helps? :)

Link to price list http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/WineList_Fleetwide_03052012.pdf

On embarkation day there is a table set up in the atrium area where they sell wine packages of 4.6 or 8 bottles.You get to choose from a list of a variety of reds & whites.The cheapest package is called The Enthusiast and the bottles' average cost is $22 per.

These packages are generally only sold on embarkation day and cannot be pre-ordered.

The wines are O.K. and ,in my opinion, a bit better than bringing your own on board.At $22 that is equal to a $7 bottle + $15 corkage fee.

I believe the prices are the same fleet-wide. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong and a quick look at NCL's wine list prices showed the cheapest whites were Chardonnay @$26, Riesling @ $29 and Pinot Grigio @$30. Hope that helps? :)

Link to price list http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/WineList_Fleetwide_03052012.pdf

Don't forget to add the 15 percent automatic gratuity to the prices also.

VIVA VINO

by Norwegian Cruise Line

Please list the number of

bottles for your selection

The Enthusiast

4 Bottles - $88

6 Bottles - $132

8 Bottles - $176

___ Beringer, Sparkling White Zinfandel – California

___ Lindemans, Bin 90 Moscato – Australia

___ Ruffino, Pinot Grigio – Delle Venezie, Italy

___ De Aureo Spirito, Sauvignon Blanc – Langeudoc, France

___ Woodbridge by Robert Mandavi, White Zinfandel – California

___ Alice White, Chardonnay – Southeastern Australia

___ Colores Del Sol, Malbec – Mandoza, Argentina

___ Ravenswood, “Zen of Zin” Zinfandel – California

___ Errazuriz, “Estate” Merlot – Colchagua Valley, Chile

___ Black Opal, Shiraz/Cabernet – Southern Australia

The Aficionado

Including selections from the “Enthusiast” category plus the following

4 Bottles - $98

6 Bottles - $146

8 Bottles - $196

___ Rosemont, Riesling – Southeastern Australia

___ Estancia, Pinot Grigio – California

___ Matua Valley, Sauvignon Blanc – Marlborough, New Zealand

___ Robert Mandavi Private Selection, Chardonnay – California

___ Estancia, Pinot Noir – Monterey, California

___ Rancho Zabaco, “Heritage Vines” Zinfandel – Sonoma, California

___ Sylvester Winery, “Kiara Reserve” Merlot - California

___ Avalon Cabernet Sauvignon – Napa Valley, California

The Connoisseur

Including selections from the “Enthusiast” and “Aficionado categories plus the following

4 Bottles - $110

6 Bottles - $162

8 Bottles - $216

___ Dry Creek, Fume Blanc – Sonoma, California

___ Isabel Mandavi, Deep Rose’ – Napa Valley, California

___ Wild Horse, Chardonnay – Central Coast, California

___ Spellbound, Petite Sirah – California

___ Chareau St. Jean, Cabernet Sauvignon – California

A 15% gratuity will be added to your check for all beverages orders. Prices are subject to change. Your check may reflect applicable VAT for certain ports or itineraries

VIVA VINO

by Norwegian Cruise Line

The Aficionado

Including selections from the “Enthusiast” category plus the following

4 Bottles - $98

6 Bottles - $146

8 Bottles - $196

___ Rosemont, Riesling – Southeastern Australia

___ Estancia, Pinot Grigio – California

___ Matua Valley, Sauvignon Blanc – Marlborough, New Zealand

___ Robert Mandavi Private Selection, Chardonnay – California

___ Estancia, Pinot Noir – Monterey, California

___ Rancho Zabaco, “Heritage Vines” Zinfandel – Sonoma, California

___ Sylvester Winery, “Kiara Reserve” Merlot - California

___ Avalon Cabernet Sauvignon – Napa Valley, California

A 15% gratuity will be added to your check for all beverages orders. Prices are subject to change. Your check may reflect applicable VAT for certain ports or itineraries

If you don’t specify that you want Avalon – Napa Valley, California then the waiter will just bring you Avalon – California. This is huge difference, and all wine drinker knows about it. I wonder why they still put Napa Valley on the list while they don’t want to bring you the right one but the cheap one.

Can you buy the wine package at any time on board?

Remember that on some cruises there are multiple embarkation ports. On the Epic in the Med the wine package details kept on appearing every time we were in a port that allowed embarkation.

I assume they wouldn't have stopped you buying them if you hadn't boarded that day.

A lot smaller than I pour at home:)

Well that seems a reasonable thing to say - but doesn't help my query.

My problem is that I can only drink a limited amount at one time and so I am trying to decide how much more it will cost if I buy by the glass.

The complication is that here in the U.K. the 'standard' wine glass size has been changing. It always used to be that there were 6 glasses to a bottle; then the size changed and the common size became 4 glasses to a bottle, and in some places the size is such that there are 3 glasses to a bottle. So does anyone know what the NCL glass size is?

I like a Pinot Grigio and the idea that I can have a bottle instead of a small glass,:cool: so the wine package it will be.

Be aware that if you buy a bottle of wine in the Dining Room (or any restaurant) and do not finish it, they will keep it for you to have the next night at any venue.

Be aware that if you buy a bottle of wine in the Dining Room (or any restaurant) and do not finish it, they will keep it for you to have the next night at any venue.

Why wouldn't you be able to take the rest of the bottle to go? I've understood that the storage is not mandatory but optional.

Why wouldn't you be able to take the rest of the bottle to go? I've understood that the storage is not mandatory but optional.

You can do, but some people don't like to be seen walking around the ship with a bottle in their hand or they only want wine with dinner. Your choice - 'tis Freestyle after all :D.

Just recently got back from the Spirit Venice to Barcelona cruise.

In our case, the cruise package we got via Costco included two wine bottle coupons for unspecified house wines. We got a red one time and a white the other and they were decent. We enjoyed them. Moreover, in line with what others have posted, we got the $88 + 15% 4 bottle Enthusiast package. They were fine for us.

Hence, for four of us traveling together, we had a total of 8 bottles. We tend to drink just one or maybe two small glasses at dinner, so one bottle was ok for four at dinner. At some other times, we ordered mixed drinks or some beer, depending.

All in all, I believe the packages you see at embarkation day are worthwhile if wine is something you want at dinner.

Archived