soda package - LotS where to get drinks best?

Hi everyone,

I plan to buy a soda package on the liberty for the transatlantic.

For sunny days I guess it is easiest to get the drinks at any pool deck bar. But what are the best options for bad weather during the day and especially in the evenings?

From what I understood I can get the drinks from any bar but sitting down at the champagne bar and order a diet coke without company ordering from the bar menu feels pretty awkward. Would cafe promenade be the best bet for having a seat and a drink? And where to best get a soda to go?

And a last question, sorrento's is located nearest to my cabin. Can I go there with the mug while they are open to get a drink?

Any tips how you handle it when having a soda package is very much appreciated. I hate to stand out so prefer to know do's and don'ts before I go.

you can get a soda at all bar, cafes, restaurants on the ship simply at all venues...if there is somebody making drinks...just go there show yor pass and take a coke...

you can also order some in the theater/ ice Rink etc. from one of the waiters...

You can fill up the plastic bottle or just get a glass from the bar doesen't matter they do both ways without extra charge...and of course you can get a soda as often you want...

I always feel awkward in the line at the poolside bars on sea days. I know you are allowed to get soda there but the only place I've dealt with semi-rude employees are the bartenders at the poolside bar when they see I am only getting a soda. I know they'd rather I be purchasing alcohol and giving them a tip but its still a little annoying. If I'm inside the ship and not out on the pool deck then I tend to just go to Sorrentos or a very quiet bar

Let them get annoyed. It's their job to provide the soda if you have purchased the soda package. Don't feel awkward for doing what you've paid to do! I march right up there and get it if I want it. The crew doesn't set the rules, RCI does. If they don't want the job there's many, many people who do.

I always feel awkward in the line at the poolside bars on sea days. I know you are allowed to get soda there but the only place I've dealt with semi-rude employees are the bartenders at the poolside bar when they see I am only getting a soda.

Oh that is sad and what I am really afraid of. I hate to be confrontational during vacation and would in doubt rather walk 5 minutes to avoid that :mad:

That's right...you PAID for your soda, and you can obtain it wherever it's served.

I know. It just makes me feel bad sitting somewhere and standing out of a crowd like being the one with the cheap soda card between all the alcohol consuming and high paying guests in a bar. It is stupid but I can't get that out of my mind.

So every further hint of nice places that make someone feel better of it are appreciated.

you can get a soda at all bar, cafes, restaurants on the ship simply at all venues...if there is somebody making drinks...just go there show yor pass and take a coke...

you can also order some in the theater/ ice Rink etc. from one of the waiters...

You can fill up the plastic bottle or just get a glass from the bar doesen't matter they do both ways without extra charge...and of course you can get a soda as often you want...

That pretty much sums things up. We've ordered 1 soda package on all of our cruises, and gotten great value from it. ;)

Archived