Cozumel Pier Nov 7 Niew Amsterdam

aquashores

Can anyone tell me where the NA is LIKELY to dock on Nov 7 in Cozumel. The agent at HAL couldn't tell me.

Thanks!

In Nov, NA docked at the pier next to the big shopping store inside the Customs area.

In Nov, NA docked at the pier next to the big shopping store inside the Customs area.

Most of the Cozumel piers have big shopping area outside the Duty Free /Terminal store you have to pass through.

We were at International Pier on Nieuw Amsterdam. Lots of shops and places to eat right at the dock area if you don't wish to tour or go downtown.

I came back to edit because the more I think about Nieuw Amsterdam in Cozumel, I don't think we were at International Pier. tI thnk it was Puerta Maya. It was one that is further from town.

It seems like the Punta Langosta pier, the one furthest north and closest to the airport, is used for ships that visit less often and for companies that don't have long-term contracts: HAL, NCL, Oceania, etc. It could also be used for overflow when HAL and RCCL/Celebrity have too many ships for their own piers further south.

FWIW . . . I'm in Coz now - we come every June to dive and stay at the Park Royal which is very close to both the International and Puerta Maya piers. Carnival ships put into PM and RCI seems to use the IP.

. . . just my observations - and the diving's great!

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Both the International and Puerta Maya piers are very near each other.

Yes they are and the more I think about it Nieuw Amsterdam was at Puerta Maya our last time there.

Thanks KK for the web site, DW and I will be in we Cozumel in Nov. and was planning on getting a day pass at the El Cid Resorts if we were docked at Puerta Maya.

I don't know if you have ever tried Nachi Cocom before but I loved it for my day in Cozumel.

Cozumel can be almost anywhere.

Of our two visits, once we were docked. The other time with a total of nine ships in port we were tendered ashore.

If there are a large number of ships, stay on the ship, that small island just can't handle thousands of people ship passengers.

Archived