Ncl breakaway raw bar menu

MAZ100

I found this after some Googling!

Although we didn’t make it onto Ocean Blue, we did snag a couple spots in the Raw Bar, the no-reservation Seafood spot that Zarkarian has also designed and is responsible for. Raw Bar’s name kind of makes the menu apparent. The food, with a couple of exceptions, is served raw – because the secret about seafood is that sometimes, it tastes best before it hits the pan.

The menu, tapas style, was an excellent value with high quality seafood being served at reasonable pricing – most dishes were under $6.00 and reasonably sized. The menu was short and sweet, with a few crudos, ceviches and tartares to sample as well as oysters on the half shell and fresh clams served up too. We loved the Salmon Tartare and the Fluke Crudo, but for us there were two highlights – the Managlica Ham was so good we ordered seconds (one of two meats on the menu) and we fell in love with the deserts. The Apple Strudel with cardamom was matched with a wonderfully aged and mild cheddar that proved the rule that “Apple Pie without cheese is like a hug without a squeeze.”

• 5 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, barric said:

I have seen advice in another post to use a Specialty Dining credit here.  Can anyone confirm that this can happen?

The link below is from the Getaway a couple of months ago. We used our SDP with $7 upcharge for a lunch at the Raw Bar. Simply wonderful. I think that we both ran up $80 bills (and paid $7)

I have had a couple of experiences with ncl raw bars - one was when they introduced it with breakaway / Cher Zakarian  and it was fresh / good - in more recent days you are getting tiny portions of seafood that seems to have been frozen for ages - chewy and seriously freezer burned.