Itinerary that's placed on bed!

ladycooki3

The daily ship newsletter, Fun Times (usually placed under your door or on your bed each evening at turn down) has a wealth of information! This includes dress required at dinner (cruise casual, elegant, etc.) It will also clearly say "elegant night".

Ask for your specific ship/itinerary . It varies.

It is printed in the Fun Times and the Matrie D' announces each evening what tomorrow's dining room schedule will be. For example, meal times or brunches vary depending if it is a sea day or a port day. He also tells everyone what to wear.

How do I get this before my next cruise Last year I didn't know about dress code for dinner and was turned away. I'd like to know what days is elegant night or causal please help! Thanks
...did you keep any of the Fun Times from your last cruise? If not, someone here might be able to send you a scanned copy from a recent cruise if your ship and itenerary are known.

There are also some sample Fun Times online. Just google "Carnival Cruise Fun Times" and follow one or more of the links.

...did you keep any of the Fun Times from your last cruise? If not, someone here might be able to send you a scanned copy from a recent cruise if your ship and itenerary are known.

There are also some sample Fun Times online. Just google "Carnival Cruise Fun Times" and follow one or more of the links.

Thank you so much

General guidelines can be found at http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx#q-544446

The actual nights that the elegant dress code applies varies by itinerary. One simple way of coping is to dress elegant every night. But if that is uncomfortable, pack 2 outfits for a 7 night cruise and as a previous poster suggested check Fun Times the night before.

General guidelines can be found at http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx#q-544446

The actual nights that the elegant dress code applies varies by itinerary. One simple way of coping is to dress elegant every night. But if that is uncomfortable, pack 2 outfits for a 7 night cruise and as a previous poster suggested check Fun Times the night before.

Well luck I pack all dresses so I was able to get in but my other guest wasn't to lucky

Carnival states how many elegant nights there are based on the length of the cruise. So if you pack based on that information, how does the exact night that is designated as elegant affect packing -- just curious.

If the other person you are traveling with is a man, just makes sure they pack a pair or two of slacks (it could even be khakis) and a couple nice shirts. They dont neccessarily need a suit if they dont like dressing up. Also general rule of thumb, cruise 6+ nights are usually two elegant nights. Shorter cruises have one. So just pack accordingly.

If the other person you are traveling with is a man, just makes sure they pack a pair or two of slacks (it could even be khakis) and a couple nice shirts. They dont neccessarily need a suit if they dont like dressing up. Also general rule of thumb, cruise 6+ nights are usually two elegant nights. Shorter cruises have one. So just pack accordingly.

Thanks a lot

He had on cargo's and a button up shirt with a hat

I thought you were turned away. He was turned away for that? I've seen people in shorts and a t-shirt on elegant night. That's a shocker he wasn't admitted for that. Was he barefoot?

Anyhow, as others have stated, cruises 7+ nights have 2 elegant nights. I've never been on a 6 day so I don't know what they have, but 5 nights and under only have 1 elegant night.

Have fun on your upcoming cruise and just let the people in your party know what to pack. Someone did provide you with a link (I didn't click on it) but I'm assuming it's to the page where Carnival discusses what is appropriate for dinner wear.

Archived