Itinerary that's placed on bed!

ladycooki3

I'm not saying the OP's looked like this - but there are pants that are super wide the entire leg. Very grung look, or maybe lots of chains on side??? I'm just trying to guess. Maybe wearing them really low?

Hope they had a good time a chalk it up to a cruise experience/lesson

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It wasn't very low nor chains in it, just cargo pants and hat and sneakers , and to tell you also I'm OP wasn't the only one turned away.

Oh well, that explains it! As a Red Sox fan, I agree his attire was completely unacceptable! :D

I agree with you but this the first time we cruise we didn't really know about elegant or casual night. That's why I asked from the being how to look that up and OP in here answered it.

Typically the first sea day is elegant night on most Carnival cruises.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

It's always been the second or third night from my experience on cruises fom 4-7 days. Maybe sometime later in the cruise for longer trips. Most people aren't ready to get all dolled up on the very first night. It will be in your fun times and the maitre d will announce it. If by some chance you don't make it to the MDR on the first night, just ask a guest services.

It's always been the second or third night from my experience on cruises fom 4-7 days. Maybe sometime later in the cruise for longer trips. Most people aren't ready to get all dolled up on the very first night. It will be in your fun times and the maitre d will announce it. If by some chance you don't make it to the MDR on the first night, just ask a guest services.

Thank you

I agree with you but this the first time we cruise we didn't really know about elegant or casual night. That's why I asked from the being how to look that up and OP in here answered it.

Well, the more you cruise, the more you will learn and the more you will love cruising. I am not a Carnival cruiser so, I can't share any of their secrets with you, but, if you ever want to try Royal Caribbean, let me know! :)

I hope this answers your question: http://www.carnival.com/Core/FAQ.aspx?faq=wear

For more information, go to the Carnival.com page. At the bottom, under the heading "Customer Service" click on the line "Carnival FAQS".

Well, the more you cruise, the more you will learn and the more you will love cruising. I am not a Carnival cruiser so, I can't share any of their secrets with you, but, if you ever want to try Royal Caribbean, let me know! :)

Oh next year we going on the Oasis.

Oh next year we going on the Oasis.

Great, Have you checked out any of the great photo reviews people have put up over at the RCI board? Prepare for your minds to be blown! :D Now, Oasis is a ship you do have to do your research on, you'll want to book your shows ahead of time so you don't miss anything you want to see. People actually make spreadsheets to help them plan their days. :)

Great, Have you checked out any of the great photo reviews people have put up over at the RCI board? Prepare for your minds to be blown! :D Now, Oasis is a ship you do have to do your research on, you'll want to book your shows ahead of time so you don't miss anything you want to see. People actually make spreadsheets to help them plan their days. :)

Oh wow

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Now this does not sound like a vacation to me....spreadsheets? Booking shows ahead of time? No thank you. I go on a cruise to relax, not stress about activities. Give me a Carnival cruise anytime!

Now this does not sound like a vacation to me....spreadsheets? Booking shows ahead of time? No thank you. I go on a cruise to relax, not stress about activities. Give me a Carnival cruise anytime!

I agree with you , I want to relax on my vacation . Booking shows feel like work while on CC I can just walk right in and enjoy

I agree with you , I want to relax on my vacation . Booking shows feel like work while on CC I can just walk right in and enjoy

No spreadsheets for me either. I'm all about planning but once I'm there it's all about relaxation and fun!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I look at the Funtimes. I see the activities I want to get involved with and see if I have time to get from one to another with my walker. If not, I have to skip one and then casually make my way to the other.

Yes I understand that but as far as me knowing now when I pack my luggage how do I get the itinerary before my cruise???

John Heals has a bunch of the runtimes on his blog.

But the easiest thing is to know based on the # of days you are sailing. Whenever I have sailed on any cruise shorter than 7 nights there is only 1 elegant night and it has always been on the 1st full day (not the day you embark but the next). Seven days or more has 2 elegant nights. The 1st one is that 1st full day on the ship and the 2cnd one is a few days later. Either Wednesday or Thursday depending on whether you leave on Saturday or Sunday.

I haven't done a cruise longer than 7 nights yet. So I can't help you there.

I hope this helped.

John Heals has a bunch of the runtimes on his blog.

But the easiest thing is to know based on the # of days you are sailing. Whenever I have sailed on any cruise shorter than 7 nights there is only 1 elegant night and it has always been on the 1st full day (not the day you embark but the next). Seven days or more has 2 elegant nights. The 1st one is that 1st full day on the ship and the 2cnd one is a few days later. Either Wednesday or Thursday depending on whether you leave on Saturday or Sunday.

I haven't done a cruise longer than 7 nights yet. So I can't help you there.

I hope this helped.

Okay thank you

Wow, I'm surprised that on a 5-day they were strictly enforcing the "no hats" rule. I doubt it was his cargo pants or shirt. I'm just completely surprised.

Only because on our 7 day cruise last year on Victory I arrived at the MDR on a few nights with dress shorts and low sandal heels. Technically, I could have been thrown out but if I wanted to put up a stink I would have pointed to the gentlemen seated close to the door who had JEANS and a T-shirt on during elegant night.

On our 5 day last year, DH was not turned away on elegant night when he was wearing cargo type khakis and a polo shirt (the only time I've seen him more dressed up than that was at our wedding :p). He did leave his hat off, though.

For our up-coming cruise, I will probably pack the same type of outfit for him. For me, I will pack a lot less. Last time, I packed an outfit for each night even though I knew I wouldn't eat in the MDR every night.

I figure I will pack one or two pairs of slacks (I don't do dresses), a couple of nice tops (one in black) and accessories. The outfits can be changed up by mix and matching or by changing the accessories. The same could be done for those that wear dresses. A simple black dress could be worn any night and can be dressed up by adding a belt, scarf or jewelry.

The rest of my outfits will be t-shirts or tank tops, a few pairs of shorts and pair of jeans. I was not turned away from the MDR on the last casual night when I was wearing a tank top and shorts.

Happy sailing!

Archived