Itinerary that's placed on bed!

ladycooki3

From the official Carnival website:

How many formal nights are onboard? Which nights are they on?

Most evenings we have a Cruise Casual dress code, but there are those Cruise Elegant evenings one or two nights throughout the voyage. The length of the cruise determines the number of Cruise Elegant evenings in the Dining Room.

The first Cruise Elegant evening is scheduled for the 2nd or 3rd day of the cruise; the second Cruise Elegant evening is scheduled for the 2nd or 3rd day prior to the end of the cruise, schedules permitting.

• 1-day cruise: none

• 2-day to 5-day cruise: one Cruise Elegant evening

• 6-day or longer cruise: two Cruise Elegant evenings

What to wear?

Casual attire is the order of the day. We suggest shorts, sundresses, tank tops, etc. for the ladies, and for men; shorts, polo shirts, T-shirts, etc. will do. We suggest you wear rubber-soled, low heeled or flat shoes for extra traction while onboard. The use of any footwear with wheels, including but not limited, to Heelys© shoes, is prohibited on board our ships. For dining you may want to dress up a bit and/or bring along a light sports jacket or cardigan.

Most evenings we have a Cruise Casual dress code, but there are those Cruise Elegant evenings one or two nights throughout your “Fun Ship” voyage, where you will have the opportunity to showcase your more elegant attire. For those who want casual attire for dinner time, the Lido Restaurant is open nightly, and has a more relaxed theme. However, shirts and shoes/footwear (flip-flops) must be worn at all times inside the Lido Restaurant.

Both dress codes for the dining rooms are described below.

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts; Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs).

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men and baseball hats.

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too!

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

No he had sneakers on and yea I'm going on a 5 day cruise , I'm well prepared now. Thanks

At the very least it was the hat and the sneakers. A hat should never ever be worn inside, especially in a restaurant.

Typically the first sea day is elegant night on most Carnival cruises.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

If you are on a 7 day, the second is 2 nights before disembarkation. Not the last night because that's when bags have to be put out.

Pack a pair of khakis and a nice shirt (no tie) for men and a nice pair of pants and dressy blouse (woman) and you'll be fine. No tuxes or gowns needed any more.

Sent from my iPod touch using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Well last year first night was causal night

The first night is always "casual night" because you don't know when your luggage will be delivered to your room etc.

The first sea day (the full day you spend on the water aka the "2nd day" of your cruise) is when they usually have "elegant night"

Like everyone else said though, I am shocked :eek: they turned you away! This forum is FULL of threads started by people who are angry that dress code is never enforced ... cargo pants aren't even that bad!! :confused: Weird (and I personally don't like to see men wearing hats of any kind inside, but I see it ALL THE TIME)

Maybe it was the hat? Did it have something that might be considered offensive on it? OP, please post a pic of the outfit! The suspense is killing us!! :D

Something is weird about the so called outfit. Maybe this outfit looked fresh out of a washing machine, not neat and tidy as we are picturing it.

Maybe it was the hat? Did it have something that might be considered offensive on it? OP, please post a pic of the outfit! The suspense is killing us!! :D

Lol I wish I did take the pic, you know most of the cruise I left camera and phone in the cabin I took like 15 pictures the whole time.

Something is weird about the so called outfit. Maybe this outfit looked fresh out of a washing machine, not neat and tidy as we are picturing it.

No actually it was his pants and hat the lady had said , and I ironed all of our clothes so it didn't come fresh out the wash machine thanks.

Hats in a dining room should not be acceptable except in medical situations

Although a lot of American men seem obsessed with them. Never understood that as male hat wearing is not really a European thing.

Very obsessed! Is correct he love his Yankee hats!

Ask for your specific ship/itinerary . It varies.

It is printed in the Fun Times and the Matrie D' announces each evening what tomorrow's dining room schedule will be. For example, meal times or brunches vary depending if it is a sea day or a port day. He also tells everyone what to wear.

I have never even spoken to a Maitre d, and certainly none has ever announced a schedule or what to wear while I have been in the MDR.

I have never even spoken to a Maitre d, and certainly none has ever announced a schedule or what to wear while I have been in the MDR.

Not sure it's an "announcement" but often - after "Showtime" - the Maitre 'd says something like tomorrow we will be here starting at 7 am for your dining pleasure and tomorrow night we look forward to seeing you all dressed up for elegant night.

I'm not saying the OP's looked like this - but there are pants that are super wide the entire leg. Very grung look, or maybe lots of chains on side??? I'm just trying to guess. Maybe wearing them really low?

Hope they had a good time a chalk it up to a cruise experience/lesson

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived