Lipstick/ lipstain/gloss ??

jnc411

Hi , would like some opinions. I always have trouble with my lipstick staying on , before I know it, its gone. I have read some things in magazines , etc. That suggest the long stay types, but I have tried the two step kind and I just don't like the feel of it, thick and sticky. I also read the lipstain is the way to go.

What do you use. ( I do like a bit of a gloss and not a matte finish)

Cori

Hi , would like some opinions. I always have trouble with my lipstick staying on , before I know it, its gone. I have read some things in magazines , etc. That suggest the long stay types, but I have tried the two step kind and I just don't like the feel of it, thick and sticky. I also read the lipstain is the way to go.

What do you use. ( I do like a bit of a gloss and not a matte finish)

Cori

I have the same problem, and most recently I've taken to using a stain. They are still not perfect, but maybe I expect too much. However, they work for me much more efficiently than the old two step ones.

I use a stain that has a gloss as a second step. The gloss doesn't last as well, but often the stain is still there hours later.

Tyra Banks says to put on your lipstick, put a tissue over your lips and dab the tissue with powder (talc)....swears it "sets" your regular lipstick! I don't use powder, so I haven't tried it!

During the day, I don't give lipstick much of a thought.....I put it on in the morning, and when it's gone....it's gone! Oh, well! The lipliner trick does work, too!

Thanks for the information on the lip pencil and the Revlon color stay liquid , I will give those a try. And I have tried the finish coat of powder over lipstick, but it did not work for me , and it emphisized the age lines around my lips, but thanks for the tip it would probably work for someone younger.

Cori

I used the stay on all day lipsticks and didn't like them; used the stains and didn't like them and resorted to using my basic lipstick and applying often. I don't need to whip out a mirror and make a show out of quickly running the tube across my lips. I can do it fast and discreetly before anyone even realizes I just reapplied my lipstick. :) Lots of practice.

Never, ever had dry lips until I used a lipstain, even tried two different kinds My lips were so bad that the stain went right in the trash. Never again.

Oh , that is something to think about for sure , I did not realize that it made lips dry, I just know I don't like the sticky feel of the 2 application types. Thanks for the heads up.

Cori

I have finally found a product I like and it doesn't make my lips dry. It is Revlon Colorstay Overtime Lipcolor. I use some gloss or lip balm to moisturize throughout the day, but the color stays put.

Oh , that is something to think about for sure , I did not realize that it made lips dry, I just know I don't like the sticky feel of the 2 application types. Thanks for the heads up.

Cori

Not all 2-step products are sticky. I found the Revlon 2-step to be too sticky (like lip gloss), but the L'Oreal overcoat is just like a lip balm. The Revlon 1-step is called "Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Liquid Lipcolor" and I guess it is like a stain because it is dry.

I used to have really dry chapped lips but I've been using this product for years in the morning and at night: Avon Lip Conditioner. It is awesome so you don't have to worry about your lipcolor drying out your lips. I just came back from 2 weeks in the dry desert air (Israel) and was fine. In fact, my husband's lips started to chap really bad (white stuff everywhere) and once he used this product he was fine....it was funny because it looked like he was putting on lipstick.:D

I am a huge fan of Cover Girl outlast - 2 step - color and balm - have a variety of colors and they STAY PUT - ...I have given up all other lipsticks - I do have a couple of bright red lipstains - they work better than lipstick - but still do wear off!

Lots of 'reviews' here: http://www.covergirl.com/lip-makeup/lipstick/long-lasting-lip-color-outlast-all-day

and here: http://www.covergirl.com/lip-makeup/lipstick/moisturizing-lipstick-outlast-smoothwear

My favorite is Lip Sense. I get it thru a rep, like Tupperware, etc. (or I get it from the fair or swap meet). It is like a paint and stays on all day. I use the color and then top it with chapstick or gloss all day. I haven't found anything else that matches the longevity. It is about $22 for the tube of color. I use Blush for everyday and Berry for "fancy".

My favorite is Lip Sense. I get it thru a rep, like Tupperware, etc. (or I get it from the fair or swap meet). It is like a paint and stays on all day. I use the color and then top it with chapstick or gloss all day. I haven't found anything else that matches the longevity. It is about $22 for the tube of color. I use Blush for everyday and Berry for "fancy".

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_nkw=lipsense&_sop=15

Found these on ebay - is this what you are talking about?

Archived